I am a Professional Level 42 >5k MMR Dota 2 Player, who Started Playing 4 years ago. I have Played in this New Patch and I Personally Think this Patch is going to be a Game-Breaking one. I have Played Crystal Maiden over 75 Times and have Won a Total of Over 50 Amazing Games with Crystal Maiden and Played her 8 Times in this New Patch, all being Awesome wins. She is Personally one of my Favorite Support Hero. She is the First Support I Played and Believe me, I did not Regret it. Thus, I Share a Deep Connection with Her. My Average KDA with Crystal Maiden is a Whooping 7/4/28. I Personally Think she is the Queen of Ice (Thus "Her Highness").
Born in a Temperate Realm,Raised with her Fiery Older Sister Lina, Rylai the Crystal Maiden soon Found that her Innate Elemental Affinity to Ice created Trouble for all those around her. Wellsprings and Mountain Rivers Froze in Moments if she Stopped to Rest Nearby; Ripening Crops were Bitten by Frost, and Fruiting Orchards turned to Mazes of Ice and came Crashing Down, Spoiled.
When their Exasperated Parents Packed Linaoff to the Equator, Rylai found herself Banished to the Cold Northern Realm of Icewrack, where she was taken in by an Ice Wizard who had Carved himself a Hermitage at the Crown of the Blueheart Glacier. After Long Study, the Wizard Pronounced her Ready for Solitary Practice and Left her to take his Place, Descending into the Glacier to Hibernate for a Thousand years. Her Mastery of the Frozen Arts has only Deepened since that Time, and now her Skills are Unmatched.
Although not too Same as the Written Lore, it Depicts the Scenes Well.
1. Low Attributes (Low Health Pool, Mana Pool, Attack Damage).
2. Needs Good Positioning for Ultimate ( Freezing Field)- Blink Dagger is Helpful).
3. Freezing Field has to be Channelled-Unable to do Anything when Channeling.
4. Hero can still use Ability while Frostbite Applied-Heroes like Pudge that depend on Abilities to Kill are still Fatal when Frostbite Applied.
5. Very Slow Movement Speed-You can't Run Away unless you use your Abilities that can Slow/Root ( Frostbite, Crystal Nova).
6. Easy to be Ganked as she is Easy to Kill-Very Little Health.
7. Targeted First by Many, making you look like a Feeder-Many Deaths.
2. Crystal Maiden's Talent Tree:
Level 10: +15% Magic Resistance OR +50 Damage
Level 15: +125 Cast Range OR +200 Health
Level 20: +120 Gold/Min OR -35s Respawn Time
Level 25: +1.5s Frostbite Duration OR +200 Crystal Nova Damage
1. Aether Lens:
Cast Range Bonus Increased from 200 to 220.
Recipe Cost Increased from 550 to 600.
2. Drum of Endurance:
Swiftness Aura is now a +20 Movement Speed Aura.
Intelligence Bonus Reduced from 9 to 6.
Recipe now Requires Sage's Mask instead of Ring of Regen.
Provides +50% Mana Regeneration Instead of 3 Health Regeneration.
[*] Shrine has 1500 HP, 20 Armor
[*] There are Shrines Near each Team's Secret Shop and New Ancient Camp Locations.
[*] Shrines can be Teleported to. Shrines become Vulnerable whenever all Tier 2 Towers Fall for the Respective Team.
[*] Each Team Also has 5 Shrines inside the Base.
[*] Shrines have an Ability with a 5min Cooldown. Allied Heroes can Right-click to Activate it, Generating a 500 AOE Aura that Lasts for 5s. The Aura Provides 120/40 HP/MP Regeneration per second (Heal Values Increase during the Game by 2 HP / 1 MP per Minute). Activates once you are in Melee Range after Right-clicking on it. Shrine's Ability becomes Available to use Outside of the base once Creeps Spawn at 0:00.
[*] Shrines do not Grant Vision.
[*] Shrines Provide a 150 Gold Bounty for each Player on the Team when Killed.
3. Neutrals Spawn Time:
Neutrals Spawn Time from 0:30/1/2/3/4/etc. to 0:30/1/3/5/7/etc.
Each Lane should have at least 1 Observer Ward at all Times. The Position of the Observer Ward depends on how Aggressive your Team Plays. As Time goes on, try to Place 1 Observer Ward for Defense (Prevents Ganks) and 1 for Aggressiveness (Enables your Team to Gank).
A form of half-sentient plant, often cultivated by apprentice wizards.
Active: Soul Release-Heals Health over Time to Friendly Units, but Deals Pure Damage over Time to Enemy Units. The Healing Effect is Lost if the Affected Ally takes Damage from an Enemy Hero or Tower. Gains Charges Every Time an Enemy Hero Dies within 1400 Units. Only the Closest Urn to the Dying Hero will Gain a Charge.
CHANNELED - Surrounds Crystal Maiden with Random Icy Explosions that Slow Enemies and Deal Massive Damage. Lasts 10s. Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter (Applies Frostbite to any Enemy Unit in the Freezing Field for more than 2.5s).
ABILITY: NO TARGET, CHANNELED
DAMAGE TYPE: MAGICAL
PIERCES SPELL IMMUNITY: NO
Talents are Totally Situational but here is a General Guide.
1. Level 10:The Extra 50 Damage is Usually Better than 15% Magic Resistance as 50 Damage is More than a Third of the Damage she does at Level 25. The 15% Spell Resistance is not too Helpful. This is an Exception if there are Lots of Magic Dealers in the Enemy Team (Such as Sand King)
2. Level 15:The Extra 125 Cast Range is Better than the 200 Health as this Enables you to Cast Spells from Further Away, Enabling you to Stay Safe and also Chase Down Enemies Easier. 200 Health does not make you Tanky and Scales very Badly into the Late Game.
3. Level 20:Both these Talents are Very Good but I Personally Prefer the Increased gold/min. Crystal Maiden does not Earn much Gold and can thus get Items needed with the Increased Gold. The Decreased Respawn Time can be Helpful if you Feed or think that you are Much Needed in your Team.
4. Level 25:Both these Talents are Very Good but I Personally Prefer the Increased Frostbite. The Root Time is Multiplied by 150%, making it Unstoppable. It also Scales Better into the Late Game than the Increase in Crystal Nova Damage. You can get the Damage Increase if you are Frequently Pushing Creep Waves. Most People do not know that Upgrading Frostbite also Increases the Damage by 150.
Pulling Creeps are Essential when the Enemy Team is too Aggressive, Allowing your Carry to Last Hit under the Tower and the Enemy to get Less Farm. You are also Less Prone to Ganks.
Creep Camp Stacks
Stacking Camps Basically refers to Multiplying the Number of Creep Camps in a Camp by 2. Creeps Respawn at 0.30/1/3/5min Marks. Ping to your Carry when a Camp has been Stacked to allow him to Farm more.
1. Start Game:
[*] Give an Observer Ward to the Hero in the Other Lane (Not Mid).
[*] Secure the Bounty Rune for your Carry by Standing away from the Rune towards the Enemy's Side.
[*] Ward your own Lane.
Block the Creeps.
2. Early Game:
[*] If there is Someone with Higher Gold Priority in your Lane, don't Last Hit. Deny and Harass with Right-clicks.
[*] If the Enemy is too Aggressive, Pull your Creeps and the Carry should Last Hit under the Tower.
[*] Keep Buying Observer Wards and Ward at Important Places (Lanes, Jungles & Ganks).
[*] Buy the Flying Courier when it is Available.
[*] Keep Ganking the Enemy's Most Farmed Carry's Lane, Scaring him off to Last Hit which makes him Under-farmed. Also Gank Heroes with Low HP Remaining to Push the Lane (Esp Mid).
[*] Don't Push the Lane too Much without Wards to Ensure you don't get Ganked.
3. Mid Game:
[*] Keep Warding.
[*] Start Farming Neutral Creeps when you have Maxed out Arcane Aura.
[*] Keep Killing Enemies that go Solo (Identify them with Observer Ward Vision.
[*] Start getting Involved in Teamfights & Pushes. You can be Really Helpful ( Crystal Nova for Pushes & Freezing Field for Teamfights).
4. Late Game:
[*] Keep Warding.
[*] Spam Abilities.
[*] Never go Solo. Stick with your Team/Carry.
[*] Take out the Enemy's Shrines asap, Disallowing them from using Town Portal Scroll to Teleport further from their Base and also from Healing.
1. Can Jungle for Extra Income.
2. Always Keep a Town Portal Scroll in Hand if you have not Gotten Boots of Travel to Escape and Also to Push Lanes.
3. Keep Buying Wards when There is Stock.
4. Pull Creeps if the Creep Fight is Happening on the Enemy’s Side.
5. Stack Creep Camps near the Lane when you are Idle for your Carry.
6. Only Focus on Denying and Harassing in the Lane and never Attack Enemy Creeps if there is a Carry in Lane as you will Push the Lane, Exposing Yourselves to Ganks.
7. Use Crystal Nova to Clear Creep Waves if you have Sufficient Mana.
8. Always Play Aggressively and Harass the Enemy to let your Carry Farm Safely and to Bag Kills with Frostbite.
9. Your Carry's Life is More Important than yours. So, you Shouldn't Mind Dying to Save your Carry by using Frostbite on the Enemy.
Believe it or not, Charm Wins you Half the Game & gets you many Commends. To Charm your Team all you have to do is to always be Positive & Encourage your Teammates.
A Few Examples are:
[*] When you are the only Support: Don't Worry Guys! I can Solo Supp! [*] When the Enemy has Super/Mega Creeps: We can still Win this. [*] When your Teammate gets a Double/Triple Kill: Awesome! [*] When your Teammate gets an Ultra Kill: Cmon! Get a Rampage! [*] When your Teammate gets a Rampage: Damn! Nice! [*] When the Enemy's Courier Dies: Nice One! [*] When a Successful Gank was carried out: Yay! [*] When the Enemy Team is Team-Wiped: Gr8! [*] When you have Super/Mega Creeps: Yeah! Sure Win! [*] When your Carry is Very Farmed: Nice Farming! [*] When your Team is Wiped: Don't Worry. Can still Win. [*] When you Die: Sry Guys, my Fault. [*] When you Lose: Aw...GGWP...U Guys Played Real Good. [*] When you Win: Yeah! GGWP! U Guys Played Real Good!
Thanks for All Your Support Guys. If you Awesome Dota 2 Players Comment on how to Improve the Guide or Something, it would be Great. Thanks for All your Time. I want you to Remember this Always when Playing Crystal Maiden, "Your Carry's Life Is More Important Than Yours!!!". Please do Give a Frozen Thumbs Up if you Enjoyed this Guide. Thanks!!!