Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Viablility of Core Dazzle in Meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Viablility of Core Dazzle in Meta? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » June 9, 2015 7:34pm | Report
I actually think he would do very good in the current caster meta. I just built a core build on Dazzle and went 31-11-19. Heres the build I went:

Boots / Tango / Clarity > Phases / Medallion / Orchid / Daedalus / Moon Shard / Silver Edge

Poison Touch: 2 / 4 / 8 /10
Shallow Grave: 5 / 12 / 13 / 14
Shadow Wave: 1 / 3 / 7 /9
Weave: 6 / 11 / 16

My right click was actually massive, paired with all my skills, and I was wrecking them hard. I soloed the safe lane against Axe and Tusk. Honestly how do you lose that lane.

Anyway, what do you think? Could it be a thing?
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 9, 2015 7:44pm | Report
And what will you do when you encounter a real carry? Anyway, if you want an INT carry with pseudo-immortality and physical damage amplification, play core Oracle, why would you choose a hero who is a thousand times worse than him at rightclicking?

If some build worked in one game, it doesn't mean it's viable a tiny bit. I've won games with Aghs-Refresher-Octarine Nature's Prophet and Blink-Dagon mid AA, heck, I can even show you a game I won as Kotl mid via Orchid-Octarine, so should I call these builds viable now?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » June 9, 2015 7:57pm | Report
I gotta agree with Dimonychan. Oracle would be better at DPS, but both of them are better as supports. It is viable, like I'm sure it could work, but if you run up against a big bad agility carry you are still gonna get destroyed.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 9, 2015 8:00pm | Report
Just like most trolly builds...it's semi-viable, but it's just not as good as other stuff so if you want to win you should never do this. Yes you can win games by playing Dazzle in your safe lane, but playing another hero instead in your safe lane will always be better.

As long as you see this kind of builds as fun builds that you try to make work no matter what, it's tons of fun to play. If you're playing pubs for fun, then sure go play dagon Doom or Morphling, solo mid Vengeful Spirit, build Ethereal Blade on Tiny, etc.

But as soon as you see right-click Dazzle or Oracle as a serious build and start discussing its viability in the current meta, that's where you're ****ed.

I mean, sure you can build a Shadow Blade, an Orchid Malevolence and a Daedalus on Dazzle...or you could pick Clinkz or Weaver. Your call :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 9, 2015 9:37pm | Report
I am not opposed to the idea of a core Dazzle, but since he has no natural skills that only he can use, it doesn't seem practical to get right click on him compared to other minus armor heroes, like Slardar who can bash, Templar, who has Psi Blades, and Shadow Fiend, who has Necromastry, despite Dazzle's awesome attack animation.

However, I once had a game where I ran a core Dazzle (by accident, I was planning on support) around an item, Aghanim's Scepter.

The way it is, it makes you level 1 ult into your level 3 ult, like Leshrac. So, running Dazzle mid and getting a Quick Mek into Aghs however, that can be some great high ground breaking power at minutes 20-30. Then Guardian Greaves and whatever comes next. Even a Refresher, since Weave fully stacks with itself. Combo it with some heroes that can take advantage of such manipulated armor, like Gyro or Sven, and you have a potential recipe for doom.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » June 9, 2015 10:03pm | Report
Yeah core Dazzle is alright in a line-up where you've drafted 3 typical supports, and Dazzle would seemingly benefit from the farm and level priority. I just stuggle to see many line-ups where thats going to be true, since Dazzle is one of the least item dependent supports in the game.

Right click Dazzle is just being plain trollish however. Like it will work in some very specific situations, but there will also be better heroes in those situations.

A lot of it is probably do to them playing badly; Like as you said how did the Axe and Tusk lose the lane if you didn't take a grave point till 4. They should've kept killing you over and over and over.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 9, 2015 10:27pm | Report
The only real argument for core Dazzle is his int gain of 3.4, it's pretty strong. However, his other stat increase suck for a carry, he has no damage steroid that wouldn't apply to allies anyway.

Yes, it can be done, but there are better options.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 9, 2015 10:48pm | Report
And Dazzle and Oracle are INCREDIBLY easily kited, since they have no mobility and no real lockdown.

So you'll have to go something like Shadow Blade to jump on people so they can't walk away.

But then... Weaver has armor reduction too you know :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » June 9, 2015 10:59pm | Report
The core Dazzle build I always like to troll with is actually a bit different than yours, blubbles:

Phase Boots/ Solar Crest/ Desolator/ Assault Cuirass/ Aghanim's Scepter/ Refresher Orb

Keeping in mind that every spell Dazzle has does physical damage, you can see that this build gives you the maximum amount of negative armor possible on a single hero, especially considering that double Weave stacks. If you get farmed enough to get this build, squishier heroes will die to a single Shadow Wave (with a decent amount of heal targets, anyways), and tankier ones will fall after a few right clicks.

It also gives you the option of abandoning ship and going back to support Dazzle by stopping at Solar Crest if you're not doing well enough (since Crest is amazing on him and can be used to buff your actual carry).

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » June 9, 2015 11:29pm | Report
Dazzle isnt really a good carry in my book. I have made this comparison very often already, but, much like Vengeful Spirit, all of his spells can be utilized by REAL carries as well. He has no real steroid, his agi gain is low (poor attack speed) and his farming capabilities are meh. If any hero on your team gets a Desolator and dazzle uses his amplification spells you usually are better off.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved