Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theorycrafting: Ethereal Blade Drow Ranger

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theorycrafting: Ethereal Blade Drow Ranger 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 11, 2015 3:31pm | Report
Hey all, just a terrible TheSofa thought here.

What do you think of Eblade Drow? It gives a log of agility, a defense mechanism with a TP scroll, and a huge amount of burst with Marksmanship.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » August 11, 2015 5:44pm | Report
Uh, but Sofa isn't 6.84 a patch with a lot of magic damage. Even on carries?
Wouldn't u just kill yourself with it?
And in my opinion even a Butterfly is better as you can dodge some of the autoattacks.
But well in the end it probably comes down to the fact who you are up against. If their mid is Slark for example you can eblade yourself. Then silence him and then rape him.
Only my humble thoughts though

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 11, 2015 5:46pm | Report
Well, it depends when you use it.

And Eblade is much cheaper than Butterfly.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 11, 2015 7:18pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Well, it depends when you use it.

And Eblade is much cheaper than Butterfly.

So after you cast it, you just stand for 4 seconds doing nothing if your target doesn't die? Simply put: no.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 11, 2015 8:23pm | Report
Treads, 4 E-BLades and Diffusal, smells like a top-tier scrub destroyer Garena build.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » September 20, 2015 6:43pm | Report
Well, I did a little bit of math. Ethereal Blade on Drow Ranger is probably best if you get it as close to level 16, whether before or after, as possible. That's when your agility compared to your level peaks, and you'll have the most burst damage. It's also worth noting that all of the AGI from the Ethereal Blade is very cost efficient, works with Precision Aura, and gives a much-needed defense against the people who want to snack on your face. All of your Armor gets up and leaves once someone gets within 400 range. If you think about it, both her base Armor and AGI growth are very bad. 40 real AGI goes a long way on heroes with low armor, and the active makes it go even farther as a defensive item.

As an offensive Item, here's the damage at level 16 with Ring of Aquila and Power Treads:

(22){base AGI} + (1.9*15){1.9 AGI/level grown} + (80){ Marksmanship bonus} + (9){AGI Treads} + (9){Aquila} = 148.5 total AGI

(2 * (148.5){total AGI}) + (75){EBlade base damage} = (372) { Ethereal Blade damage}

(372){Eblade damage} * (.75){Base magic resistance]] = 279 after resistances at level 16. That's really underwhelming.

An interesting thing that you can do is effectively have (nearly) complete lockdown between Gust and Ethereal Blade. They would be slowed by 80%, be unable to attack, have -5% magic resist, and be silenced. Of course, Manta Style, Black King Bar, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, or Diffusal Blade can stop this. Usually many heroes on the enemy team will have one or more of these, but it's still worth mentioning. It's also worth mentioning that, interestingly enough, you can't dispel Ethereal Blade's slow. The slow is only applied when used on an enemy.

As a defensive, stat, or utility item, I'm liking Ethereal Blade. Damage on the active is negligible, because of Drow Ranger's AGI growth is so bad.

Right now, I'm building Ethereal Blade into Manta Style. You may argue I need more HP in the build, but buying big AGI items that have defensive actives seems to give lots of survivability on it's own, plus they're synergistic, efficient, and have a good buildup.

And that's my rant. Ethereal Blade Drow Ranger is legit, but not for the reasons you'd expect.

Now, if only people would realize how broken Medallion of Courage + Mekansm is on her.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » September 20, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Man this was a big discussion when my guide came out and you could actually attack targets while they were E-bladed if you orb-walked. That made it a sick offensive item, but that's gone now. So Apaz is right, its great as utility item now, but I don't think it has enough of an impact to be mainstream.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » September 21, 2015 4:39am | Report
Step 1: Build Dagon on drow.
step 2: Rat and take towers, use dagons for kill stealing and finishers.
Step 3: With your new found money, build ethereal blade.
Step 4: Build a veil of discord, just to show them the biggest finger they have ever seen.
Step 5: ????
Step 6: PROFIT.

Note how drow comes online at level 6 and there are six steps. This means I am right.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 21, 2015 5:14am | Report

Step 1: Build Dagon on drow.
step 2: Rat and take towers, use dagons for kill stealing and finishers.
Step 3: With your new found money, build ethereal blade.
Step 4: Build a veil of discord, just to show them the biggest finger they have ever seen.
Step 5: ????
Step 6: PROFIT.

Note how drow comes online at level 6 and there are six steps. This means I am right.

Stop with your scrub theories and go work on a patch you amphibian.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » September 21, 2015 7:02am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Stop with your scrub theories and go work on a patch you amphibian.

For you, my dear, I shall think of buffing kunkka in 1000 different ways.
But don't come back to me, complaining that the meta shifted and now hes ****y, morphling ****ty.

Step7: Need to take care of the mo'fling situation.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved