Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theorycrafting: Ethereal Blade Drow Ranger

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theorycrafting: Ethereal Blade Drow Ranger 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 21, 2015 7:06am | Report

For you, my dear, I shall think of buffing kunkka in 1000 different ways.
But don't come back to me, complaining that the meta shifted and now hes ****y, morphling ****ty.

Step7: Need to take care of the mo'fling situation.

Kunkka doesn't need any buffs, his skills are insanely strong already, he just needs all these cancer long range spell spammers gone from mid.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » September 21, 2015 7:23am | Report
So you are okay with x mark the spot? And how torrent damages the enemy?

OKAY!
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 21, 2015 7:40am | Report
What is not to be okay with about those in the first place?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » September 21, 2015 8:33am | Report
Humm.
My thinking was more on the point how Torrent damaged the enemy. one big burst and then in small bursts.It is better if it were the other way around. Small bursts first ,then 50% of the damage in one instance.

About x mark?
Well I still think, there could be some better iteration around. We shall see.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 21, 2015 10:04am | Report
Torrent damage is fine as long as there is DoT, the order is not important at all.

X is ******** as it is, it lets you completely restore Hp and Mana for only 100 g on 70 sec CD which makes him almost impossible to force out of the lane(unless you are an OP 4 second spell spammer or a 8 sec CD AOE stunner and nuker ofc), it lets yiou escape most melee heroes early on, safely get lh if you know enemy highground is camped, save allies, (preventively)yourself, and it is a great setup. Oh and it has 1000 range on max level.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 21, 2015 10:41am | Report
Yeah, the only skill of Kunkka's that could be buffed is Tidebringer because it's technically the odd skill out. But none of his skills should be buffed, they are all really solid.

As is the hero tbh, but we all know how Icefrog loves to buff the Admiral. So here comes +5 movespeed/+1 armour/+ X INT/ + X INT gain

EDIT; Oh and E-Blade on Drow is legit because twoards the later stages of the game you just become a glorified aura, and this lets you live in fights longer to give the aura and is a tonne of AGI anyway

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » September 21, 2015 5:05pm | Report
I forgot to mention the old/new Ethereal Blade/ Ghost Scepter + Town Portal Scroll trick.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 21, 2015 5:57pm | Report
apaz wrote:

They would be slowed by 80%, be unable to attack, have -5% magic resist, and be silenced.

Ok now folks, time for a Dota 101 class :

Every hero has 25% BASE MR
There are 2 ways to working around it,

A.) Magic Damage Amplification :

Magic Damage you do after reductions is amplified
For Example - 100 magic damage with 40% amp is 100*0.75*1.4 = 105

B.) Base MR Reduction ( AA's vortex ) :

1st the base resistance is reduced then damage is computed
For Example - 100 magic damage with 40% base reduction is 100*(1.4-0.25) = 115

Though mathematically writing it as -5% MR is fine, technically the target IS taking an extra 5% damage of your base magic damage, but terminology wise you leave it at 40% amp to distinguish the 2 forms of amplifictaion.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » September 21, 2015 6:15pm | Report
Well yes, I gave how much magic damage a normal hero would be taking and left it at that. Math on that is unnecessary unless they have weird magic resist. I really just looked at EBlade's notes.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 21, 2015 8:17pm | Report
Thanks guys! I never thought I'd get a serious answer on this!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved