Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theory Exercise 2 : Counter Laning

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theory Exercise 2 : Counter Laning 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 22, 2014 4:59pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

I think im going Lina mid because it could kill Skywrath Mage easy with nukes. This is like a clash of knights actually both of them can kill each other easy. And with the attack range I think Lina has easier time avoiding harass than Skywrath Mage would because Dragon Slave range is really long.

^ not the best choice, long duration silence with a damage amplification on a squishy caster like lina? i think you will struggle to even get near the lane.

Result: Dead Lina.

Unscathed wrote:

I'm going to go Lifestealer, Lion, and Jakiro dual lane bottom. Feast tears through the tankiness and Ice Path and Dual Breath is pretty strong itelf. Earth Spike should not be forgotten as well. Probably max Liquid Fire first for the quick tower.

^ sooo is that a trilane bottom? though the Liquid Fire hurts sooo much! and with Mana Drain Brewmaster would be in trouble.

result: shut down Brewmaster

Unscathed wrote:

Slark solo safelane. Slark is always a decent pick against teams with stuns and Pounce can easily pass Fissure. And at level 6, with sentries around, Slark can easily kill Weaver or Earthshaker caught offguard. This will be safe with Shadow Dance. If ES resist Dark Pact can get him out off the stun quickly.

^^ hmm i actually think this kinda would work but your putting a Melee hero up against a trilane. he wont get much farm and with 2-3 stuns a well thought out attack would net a kill as the nine second cd of Dark Pact means a stun from Wraith King which is dark pacted out of then a stun path block from es will force Slark out of lane. this will push hard quite quickly i expect him to get levels but no farm what so ever.

Result: maybe first blood on Slark but he still will level relatively fast.

Unscathed wrote:

Those teams are pretty squishy, and Lina can one-shot some easily. Lion's job is to Mana Drain brew or wk (both of them have low mana). Lion should take early levels at Mana Drain so anytime a teamfight happens it would be fine. Lion can one-shot easy too.
# Finger of Death
[Skull Basher slark to prevent that pesky Weaver. Also Dust of Appearance. Lifestealer should easily kill Brewmaster and Wraith King. Monkey King Bar is a must. Jakiro adds extra disable and teamfighting power, while also pushing powers.

^^

Negatives

- Lina Lion will be food for the roaming duo of Sky and Brew. the silence would counter them hard.
- Slark's online time will be delayed by 3-5 minutes. Will be hugely dependent on kills through mid game to make it up.
- Jakiro will be under levelled so in early team fights i wont be expecting anything huge from him.
- Lifestealer will hurt a lot but with Primal Split it pretty much fun times to be had by brew. Wraith King will be food though.

Positives

- DISABBLLLESSSSSSSS
Ice Path Liquid Fire Earth Spike Light Strike Array Hex

yea i doubt ill be doing much in a 5. you could just force out a fight after 10 minutes and with the early level skills available to you, i cant really respond.

- BURST : yea dat burst doe ... jesus. dusted weaver equals dead weaver hahaha

- sustain : with that many casters mana aint going to be a problem ... dat 3 core mana boots!! haha

RESULT:

Completely dependent upon Skywrath Mage if he rotates after 6 and really forces out that trilane to allow brew to get his blink and then because of that combo you will melt.

if the rotations from you are quick enough one or two good re engagements on a depleted sky can basically hold his mid game dominance off long enough that Lifestealer can just walk through and rek face. Brewmaster will be picking up an BKB quickly in this game so if you can end it quick and end it fast.

otherwise your team will melt.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 22, 2014 6:03pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

I would put Silencer safe, to counter-initiate the brew, I would put KOTL to baby-sit him.

^ good spam against that Weaver plus the silence would hurt and Keeper of the Light Chakra Magic would give some great lane sustain.

Result: levels for weaver but not many last hits and most gold would be spent on consumables.

TheSofa wrote:

I would put Razor mid, because he will easily out-harass Brew and give him a hard time.

^^ GG brew, razor counters him hard.

Result: Outlaned brew still will get levels though just no farm.

TheSofa wrote:

I would Puck offlane, he can avoid both Wraith King and Earthshaker stun, and can get quick levels and blink for initiation.

^^ GG lane until Skywrath Mage rotates in then its first blood on Puck. that silence with the amp melts him.

RESULT: first blood on puck with maybe one more after 6 mins. then he will be outlaned by Skywrath Mage with Earthshaker going roaming.

TheSofa wrote:

Finally I would get a roaming Shadow Shaman for the disable.

^^ apart from a gank on mid or maybe one on top (dont think he will get that one) he wont be able to get many kills. best way would be for him to stack the jungle for Keeper.

RESULT: under levelled SS

Over all:

good draft. you will win two out of three lanes easily. brew will be shut down quite quickly and for a long time. razor will get farm and will hurt mid game.

i think it will be gg unless Wraith King gets super farmed. even then it will be tough .

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 23, 2014 5:38am | Report
Duallanes Doom Lion and Silencer Treant
Mid Kunkka

ez katka

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 23, 2014 6:16am | Report
Oh ****. I totally messed my draft with that Lina pick. I think Nyx Assassin could be really good.

Mana Burn harass for the... well, mana burn. I doubt Skywrath Mage will have a big chance. Besides, he can stop the Concussive Shot initiate with Spiked Carapace stun. But if he did get the silence on me nyx is dead. Sky has good INT gain so mana burn has a good scaling for him.

In fact, you did beat me Nyx vs Skywrath right?

NYX SKILLS: 2-2-1-1 by 6
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 23, 2014 1:53pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Brewmaster will go Mid, since he's the only good Mid Hero (not counting Skywrath or Critshaker), as for countering him? Razor should do nicely.

Oh yeah, you know. Brewmaster is the only one not counting the other two who make up 40% of the team.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 23, 2014 4:55pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

^ good spam against that Weaver plus the silence would hurt and Keeper of the Light Chakra Magic would give some great lane sustain.

Result: levels for weaver but not many last hits and most gold would be spent on consumables.

^^ GG brew, razor counters him hard.

Result: Outlaned brew still will get levels though just no farm.

^^ GG lane until Skywrath Mage rotates in then its first blood on Puck. that silence with the amp melts him.

RESULT: first blood on puck with maybe one more after 6 mins. then he will be outlaned by Skywrath Mage with Earthshaker going roaming.

^^ apart from a gank on mid or maybe one on top (dont think he will get that one) he wont be able to get many kills. best way would be for him to stack the jungle for Keeper.

RESULT: under levelled SS

Over all:

good draft. you will win two out of three lanes easily. brew will be shut down quite quickly and for a long time. razor will get farm and will hurt mid game.

i think it will be gg unless Wraith King gets super farmed. even then it will be tough .

Hmmm... True... I forgot about the sky. Maybe an SK roaming and an DS off?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 23, 2014 7:46pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Oh yeah, you know. Brewmaster is the only one not counting the other two who make up 40% of the team.

What I mean is, Earthshaker is easily Harrassed out of Lane 1 vs 1 against most Mids and is thus, more of a Pub Mid. Skywrath benefits from levels, but doesn't really make much use out of Farm and is thus, a mediocre Mid at best, he does win most Lanes though.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 23, 2014 8:07pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

I think Nyx Assassin could be really good.

In fact, you did beat me Nyx vs Skywrath right?

/quote]

^^ yup now thats a nice pick, Burst will take down squishy heroes and that mana burn will really hurt my line up with both brew and wraith king needing mana. that early level six will prop up your lanes heaps with the threat of a quick gank because Nyx gets his gold from ganking and mostly needs levels early game so he came come online before other heroes. haha and yea. gg.

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 24, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

What I mean is, Earthshaker is easily Harrassed out of Lane 1 vs 1 against most Mids and is thus, more of a Pub Mid. Skywrath benefits from levels, but doesn't really make much use out of Farm and is thus, a mediocre Mid at best, he does win most Lanes though.

What about Weaver? I find that Weaver is a great mid hero because she (is it a she?) needs gold for DPS items. I think Brew would be much better in lane with skywrath and then earth could go with wraith king and roam a little.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » September 24, 2014 12:38pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

What about Weaver? I find that Weaver is a great mid hero because she (is it a she?) needs gold for DPS items. I think Brew would be much better in lane with skywrath and then earth could go with wraith king and roam a little.

Weaver Is a he isn't he (let's say it)?
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved