Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The draft analysation thread.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The draft analysation thread. 39 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » January 28, 2014 1:16pm | Report
http://dota2draft.the-cluster.org/show?op=r&fp=r&pick=F0Zb2M3I1s1Zo0ZO2Zk2Zt2C1&ban=ZKGZSZAZmjfSgZl

http://dota2draft.the-cluster.org/show?op=r&fp=d&pick=c2m2w1ZC0ZD2Zo0E4Zl1p1g2&ban=FZuZvZxZmZrZGMZtK

coupla odd drafts, I kinda half-awake made most of these decisions, but I thought it wasn't too bad in either one.

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 28, 2014 1:31pm | Report

1st one, radiant has a really weird greedy draft without ANY supports. Easily dire.

2nd, Radiant once again has a really weird draft that has almost no synergy and lockdown. Pugna support is also not the way to play him.
Juggernaut also is a really good pick and can deal with a lot of their heroes. Dire advantage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 28, 2014 6:24pm | Report

if you drafted both the radiant teams (cant really tell though) i ccouldnt agree more with timinator:

1st one:

you have 3 heroes that need at least need 20-30 minutes to come online.... in the early game you are completely dependent on zeus and puck.... and both wont be doin too well, as zeus support wont get either farm nor exp and pucks ganks wouldnt be nearly as effictive without burst / CC from his teammates. Meaning that the opponent can take towers without any resistance, which would limit the farming space for your 3 carry-core even more. Further....Bane and Razor are THE anti-carries in the game, making even a farmed Lifestealer useless.
Also there is literally NO lockdown on your team.
Overall: Definitely advantage to the dire.

2nd one:

This one seems better than the first...although im not really a fan of support pugna....i mean it CAN work...but him getting no farm is definitely making him less efficient than he could be.
TA got counterd hard, as the enemy team has 4(!) heroes that can melt Refraction in a matter of seconds, so i wouldnt count on her beeing a big factor in the game.
About pushing power i would say, that both teams are even.
Teamfight power on the other hand is a tough one. The radiant sure has good burst, but dire has definitely the better initiation with Clockwerk and is pretty good at kiting your low-lockdown / low-mobility team.
Overall: slight advantage to the dire.

Also: whats up with that banning? Goin for a Last ban void in both drafts, although the enemy already has their carries? Banning StormSpirit and Puck in the first banning stage also seems quite weird.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DoubleR2013 » January 30, 2014 11:01am | Report
http://dota2draft.the-cluster.org/show?op=d&fp=r&pick=ZO1ZE2x1i2ZC0Zl1ZX1B0ZF1M2&ban=ZTZMZtDZGZKGZQZuY
I tried to go for a pushing team that also has enough teamfight and carry potential to stop his obvious teamfight team.

GOOD DAY SIR!

DoubleR2013

Steam: DoubleR
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 9, 2014 8:11am | Report
Just had a few drafts against Manofchalk, so...now I have an excuse to revive this thread 8{D

Too lazy to post them all (nothing to do with the 2 where I messed up during the lane selection), so here's Round 3

Manofchalk

Outworld Devourer

VS.
Xyrus

http://dota2draft.net/show?op=d&fp=d&pick=E2ZM1m2c2G0g2S1D1ZV1za0&ban=ZKHZbZGwMZlZpZHF

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 9, 2014 2:23pm | Report
I love Manofchalk's draft, the usual "Nyx scouts, Wisp kills" combo that (almost) always works: it really depends on how the mid game goes, sice I think you can't prevent his team from snowballing hard. And even if you do, Tiny is pretty difficult to deal with in the late game even with a Medusa.

On the other side, you have some armor reduction ( Elder Titan, Naga Siren) and many disables that can really cripple Heroes like Storm Spirit. Your draft is definitely strong and could work in the right circumstances, but I'd favor his. Sorry but now the "-1 Competitive Analysis" joke is on you.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 9, 2014 3:13pm | Report

I love Manofchalk's draft, the usual "Nyx scouts, Wisp kills" combo that (almost) always works: it really depends on how the mid game goes, since I think you can't prevent his team from snowballing hard.

Honestly, I think it all comes down to how well the Storm Spirit can Snowball on Radiant's side.

There isn't that much Burst Damage in my Tri-Lane top, but then again, Nyx Assassin relies on Spiked Carapace to survive in the Offlane, and how well is that going to work against Telekinesis and Ensnare? If he lets Rubick get near him, he'll be thrown out of position and locked down with no Escape. This should delay his level 6 by quite a bit along with his Farm.

As for the Io + Tiny combo, it's going to be hard for the Clockwerk to get near, but with some well executed Rocket Flares, he can stop the Small Camp from ever spawning without any risk whatsoever. He's definitely going to have an easier time getting Exp and Farm, than the Nyx Assassin.

Even assuming Io + Tiny relocate, I've got Song of the Siren and Stone Gaze to let me fight back. Elder Titan will be in a bit of trouble if he gets relocated on, but some good awareness and quick TPs can save him, and possibly turn fights around.

Although, the Storm Spirit will most likely tip the Early-Mid game in Manofchalk's favour ._.

And even if you do, Tiny is pretty difficult to deal with in the late game even with a Medusa.

True, but...

On the other side, you have some armor reduction ( Elder Titan, Naga Siren) and many disables that can really cripple Heroes like Storm Spirit. Your draft is definitely strong and could work in the right circumstances, but I'd favor his.

...Minus Armour, Stone Gaze, Earth Splitter. I have lots of tools at my disposal for dealing with Tiny. The only thing that can make Medusa sad is Mana Burn to melt Mana Shield.

All in all, I think there was probably a better option than Elder Titan, since I need something that can deal with Relocate Ganks and pound Storm Spirit into the ground while Medusa comes online, but I'd probably lose a little bit of Teamfight power if I picked something like a Nightstalker or a Queen of Pain and I don't think it would be worth it. I stand firm by my 4 Protect 1 Strat, especially since I don't Draft like that often. 8{3

Also, if Rubick steals Toss, does he get the full 540 Damage, or just the basic 300 Damage?

Sorry but now the "-1 Competitive Analysis" joke is on you.

Sorry, but your Analysis of this Draft is only at a Pub level, -2 Competetive Analysis 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Manofchalk » February 9, 2014 10:28pm | Report
Big part in dealing with your Song of the Siren is going to be the Nyx Assassin Impale initiation, and the Orchid Malevolence that's going to be on the Storm Spirit during the mid-game.
With Impale, Avalanche, and if the Storm Spirit is close enough his Electric Vortex and Orchid, will pretty much keep any single target stunned/silenced until their dead.

So basically, 3-4 heroes come out of nowhere and can quickly kill off whoever is spied out. The 4 protect 1 strat works well against the ganking heavy lineup, but has the inherent downside of perpetual 5-manning in the mid-game, farm is fairly minimal for everyone except the 1.
"Windranger" is not how you spell Windrunner.

Manofchalk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 11, 2014 3:04pm | Report
A couple of odd Drafts today, can't figure out if I won or lost the 1st one, 2nd one was a bit of an experiment for me too.

http://dota2draft.net/show?op=d&fp=d&pick=g2ZO1ZL1Zk0ZD1S2j2ZJ0Zo2Zp1&ban=ZMZKZHGFZlZCxDZS

http://dota2draft.net/show?op=d&fp=d&pick=S2Zd0M1n2ZO2Zu2za2N2Zk0Zp1&ban=ZDDZXtZTqZlgZEZt

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved