Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Talking about:Faceless Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Talking about:Faceless Void 25 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

What is Voids role?
Hard carry
Initiator
Combo-mechanism
Other
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 31, 2015 11:33am | Report
Void hardly needs any buffs(25% non-countered damage evasion and 25% bash on an agility hero is already overpowered), he is just not good in the constant 5-man low cd fighting meta until he gets Mom-Mael-BKB.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » October 31, 2015 12:12pm | Report
Meta forces dictate that you adapt or die.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 31, 2015 1:02pm | Report
Well it's kinda hard for Void for adapt to meta now. If before 6.84 all the statements that "hurr durr Void is weak without Chrono" had nothing to do with reality, now he is truly weak without Chrono because of the same reasons Troll dropped out of the meta in a blink of an eye(direct nerfs were just the top of an iceberg, le balanced ice dragon, bling-bling cape, massive Ghost Scepter buff and Solar Crest was the rest).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 31, 2015 4:34pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Do you really want to see Void back? I mean personally I'd take anything over the 6.80->6.82 Tinker/Void meta. Anything. Heroes are nerfed for a good reason and are best left that way :)

I would take it over 6.83 Troll / Storm / Gyro Meta
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 31, 2015 4:36pm | Report
I think Voids role is like carry Naga. Only instead of Radiance, its Battlefury / Mjollnir and Aghs.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 31, 2015 5:57pm | Report
And I'm just here still building Manta on Void. The hero is actually a really good splitpusher, and if he gets gankerino'd just drop ult and either kill them or leave.

I adapt to the meta of constant fighting by not fighting.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 31, 2015 7:27pm | Report
Personally, I still see him as a Snowballing Mid-Game Carry that can do well in the Late Game, similar to Slardar, Slark or Windranger...just not as good when his Ult is down.

The only advantage he has over those Heroes is Chronosphere synergizing with a lot of Ults, e.g. Mystic Flare, Chain Frost, Death Ward, etc. but even then, against good Positioning and a few Counter Picks, this has a limited effect.

Still, if you have the right lineup and they don't, Situational Picks are always fun. <}3
Terathiel wrote:

I adapt to the meta of constant fighting by not fighting.

*fist bumps Tera*

#RatBros4Life <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 31, 2015 8:30pm | Report
To me, the real issue of Void as a hard carry isn't his actual power - it's his downtime. In an era of Winter Wyvern, Solar Crest and Glimmer Cape, he really needs Chronosphere to do anything without getting kited to all hell and back. So, he has an ult that's crucial to his ability to do anything... and it has a 100 second cooldown. Welp.

So I'd like to see both its effect and cooldown reduced drastically (it's on topic here and I don't think everyone's seen it - it'll be in spoilers for those that have), which I had an idea about. But I really don't see how Void can ever be viable in the current meta. He's melee, kiteable without bluebubble, and really squishy with a meta full of nukers IN ADDITION to his ridiculous 95-second downtime. Were the meta to slow down a lot and Wyvern/Glimmer get nerfed, I think he might be a situational pickup. But the poor hero... I feel sorry for the bastard, to have been so high, and fallen so low.

Spoiler: Click to view
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » November 1, 2015 12:35am | Report
I just went a game as void without boots . Believe it or not , worked well at least at my mmr.

Btw void has the longest blink in the game. and void can can carry pretty hard except the fact that the meta does not suit it , you guys have to agree on this part and dusa , scep ulti also have similar cooldowns on their ulti.

TheFinalUnknownx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 1, 2015 1:00am | Report
Edit: wtf Dotkafire why do you put the latest reply to the end of a previous page?

No he can't. Now supports are relatively rich and can afford buying items that **** up Void hard unless he locks them(not a carry, you can permabash carry without Chrono-ing him) in Chrono. Also what respawn timers are you talking about in a game that has buybacks and Aegis?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved