Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Snowballing mids...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Snowballing mids... 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 16, 2015 1:25pm | Report
I think a big issue was a lack of any real late game. The only good Late Game Hero you had was Omniknight. Queen of Pain, Phantom Assassin, Weaver and Shadow Fiend are all strongest in the Mid Game.

You shold probably give up on trying to get out of 2k MMR...Battlefury PA, Radiance + Linken's Weaver, Shadow Blade SF, Arcanes + Soul Ring Omni...if these guys can't even build serious Items, I doubt they can pull off serious plays...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 16, 2015 4:22pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

I'll pick Huskar and wipe you out with Burning Spear. Deal with it.

Xyrus wrote:

I think a big issue was a lack of any real late game. The only good Late Game Hero you had was Omniknight. Queen of Pain, Phantom Assassin, Weaver and Shadow Fiend are all strongest in the Mid Game.

You shold probably give up on trying to get out of 2k MMR...Battlefury PA, Radiance + Linken's Weaver, Shadow Blade SF, Arcanes + Soul Ring Omni...if these guys can't even build serious Items, I doubt they can pull off serious plays...

Xiris pls... 2 carries are ALWAYS better than one. Spectre is lategame monster, but ALL of Dire's heroes have solid lategame - overally better than Radiant's. ANd there's nothing wrong with Shadow Blade SF.

They lost because players were terrible, not because of picks.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 16, 2015 8:49pm | Report
I think Shadow Blade SF is just stupid. If you can position yourself at least a bit you'll be able to initiate or escape easily with a Blink Dagger. Lothar's just doesn't cut it if the opponent team have the brain to buy true sight plus it's much more expensive.

If you're in a position where blinking away won't save you, Lothar's won't save you either anyway.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 16, 2015 10:14pm | Report

I think Shadow Blade SF is just stupid. If you can position yourself at least a bit you'll be able to initiate or escape easily with a Blink Dagger. Lothar's just doesn't cut it if the opponent team have the brain to buy true sight plus it's much more expensive.

If you're in a position where blinking away won't save you, Lothar's won't save you either anyway.

It's a item you buy because you are ahead and want to snowball further. It's an awful item if you are behind. It also gives you more flat out 'stats' than a Blink, and has an easier build up. (Which are relevent things to consider when doing the whole, Shadow Blade or Blink dilemma on a lot of heroes). I'd also argue it's more of a dedicated pick-off/iniation item than Blink Dagger which is more versatile.

I'd argue that SF doesn't need it anymore however because Eul's Scepter of Divinity can perform much of the same role, but is just a better item. But it's not an outright 'stupid' item for similar reasons that Eul's isn't. (Eul's is still better overall, but they have some similarities).

But it's mostly me digressing about Shadow Blade more than anything. Since it is seeing a rise in popularity competitively.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 16, 2015 10:31pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Battle Fury on Phantom Assassin has its merits. It's situational, but it can certainly work.

Usually coupled with an AoE stun to lock people tightly in place together.

And what is wrong with Arcane Boots and Soul Ring Omniknight? He's a walking fountain.

Shadow Blade on Shadow Fiend allows you to position your ultimate extremely easily, and the +30 Attack Speed also synergises very well with the hero.

I prefer other items, but it's not a bad pick-up, especially if the enemy team is lax with their detection.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 16, 2015 11:37pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

yea sorry mate im 3.5k

and thats not the problem that game

i was 14-0 i made so much space and they did ... nothing ...

made me realise its proportional

if you snowball to a factor of 8 but your team is so **** to a factor of 9 you lose still

you have to actually have none **** players to even THINK about winning.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 17, 2015 4:57am | Report
Actually, often when I snowball hard(or I watch sopmeone other snowball hard) I notice my team is capable of doing almst nothing without me.There are exceptions but mostly the only player who does the job is me. Coincidence? I think not.

The thing is, when you, say, come to a lane to your fellas, take their opponents and their creepwave(well at least I'm guilty of doing that - I don't often get credited kills anyway, so let me get at least some profit from ganking), you leave them with less resources. The further you snowball, the more kills you get and the more creeps you kill, your team becomes weaker because they can't really do much without you busy with snowballing and they get less farm.

So obviously if you allow yourself to die or to be absent in the teamfight without a solid reason you can blame yourself as much as you blame your team. Rule number one when you snowballed - DON'T DIE!

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 17, 2015 1:13pm | Report
William wrote:

And what is wrong with Arcane Boots and Soul Ring Omniknight? He's a walking fountain.

You're thinking of Tranquil Boots + Soul Ring, which I agree is a good build. You don't however, need Arcane Boots on top of Soul Ring, either Item solves Omni's Mana problems. Buying Arcanes and Soul Ring is just a waste of Gold and an Item slot.

Once you have Arcanes or Tranqs and Soul Ring, you should look to start buying an Item that has some sort of impact. For example, if you're low on gold, picking up an Urn for extra healing is nice, Force Staff helps with positioning for your Ult, or if you're ahead, you can try and farm your Aghanim's Scepter...so long as you don't have 4 Carries...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » March 21, 2015 10:03am | Report
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking Tranquil Boots.

^_^

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved