Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Skadi on Luna??

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Skadi on Luna?? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » October 14, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Was just thinking, would Eye of Skadi be a good item on Luna? So many people say that luna relies on speed to chase her enemies, so surely skadi would solve all of your problems in 1 item, it gives you some tankiness, a slow which helps you chase and land more eclipse hits by slowing the enemy. Was just wondering if this could be a legit pick-up under any circumstances? Of course, you are sacrificing a damage item to get this slow, which could be bad.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » October 14, 2014 3:16pm | Report
I would get it over the Satanic only if I built a Mask of Madness to flash farm in the early game and didn't want to sell it; else, it's a valid sixth-slot item after the Butterfly and the Satanic. I've bought it many times on Luna, I really like the item in general.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 14, 2014 3:27pm | Report
Sure. I see it working if you have a team that can output enough damage already, or have additional damage buffers on your team, like Vengeful Spirit and Drow Ranger, which I did once on my Dragon Knight on a game I had those 2 and a Magnus as allies, so I went for slowing over damage that game, which came in the form of Sange and Yasha and Eye of Skadi. Game is here if you're interested: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/899767212

It is good against BKB carries such as Sven too, as a 45 attack slow is pretty damn good, it's the reason Jakiro scales pretty well. It's an item you want either fairly early (~30 minutes) to take advantage of the tankiness and slow it gives, or very late, when the sheer amount of stats really shows off its powers.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 14, 2014 6:42pm | Report

I would get it over the Satanic only if I built a Mask of Madness to flash farm in the early game and didn't want to sell it; else, it's a valid sixth-slot item after the Butterfly and the Satanic. I've bought it many times on Luna, I really like the item in general.

It's just as Pepo says, if you don't like Eye of Skadi, there's something wrong with you! 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » October 15, 2014 3:06am | Report
skadi is always a legit pickup...on basically any hero that can afford it. Luna however tends to have "slot-problems" considering itemization....besides Boots of choice, Black King Bar, Butterfly and Satanic there is little room left, so a 5th/6th slot pickup would seem reasonable, only that at that point in the game there a.) usually is some enemy carry with a Butterfly running arround or something similar which "forces" you to go for a Monkey King Bar, b.) You deal so much dmg already, that moveslow becomes somewhat redundant anyway (the as-slow is nice for manfights i suppose) and you want flat out dps increase ...in which case a Manta Style would be the best choice (altho im a huge manta fanboy and almost always buy manta anyway :3)

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » October 15, 2014 4:26am | Report
I don't like it on her just due to the fact that it competes with other high valued items for the 5th-6th spot.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » October 15, 2014 11:01am | Report
The only thing that could speak against it is it's high component sosts. The item itself is worth getting on a lot of heroes if it can be afforded.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » October 15, 2014 12:20pm | Report
Saw an interesting game where Arteezy was playing Luna mid and rushed a Midas and then got boots, and only leveled his damage ability (i forget the name), moon glaives, and stats until late and just farmed the entire game. Skadi was the big item iirc and it worked out really well.

That kid is just soo good at farming :l

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 15, 2014 1:20pm | Report
Skadi is the heart for agi heroes. You get it if you still want more lifepoints to survive a combo like reverse polarity, roar, or chrono, so you can satanic up happily after and wreck them.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 16, 2014 8:49am | Report
Eye of Skadi is like Heart of Tarrasque, but a million times better!

It's like the late game drums. Get it.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved