Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Skadi on Abaddon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Skadi on Abaddon 5 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

What's your take on Skadi on Abaddon?
Too greedy
Feasible, but there's better options
Legit
U wot m8?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » March 23, 2015 7:55pm | Report
So, this is all just purely on paper, haven't had the opportunity to test it yet, Eye of Skadi on Abaddon. Since Skadi seems to be all the rage today, why can't the Lord of Avernus get in on this trend, and Abaddon can certainly benefit from the health, mana and stats it provides.

Now the main thing I'm curious about is this; does the slow from Curse of Avernus stack completely with Skadi's slow or diminishingly? Because applying a 50% movement speed slow just by right-clicking sounds too good to be true.

Or could you just consider eye simply to make Abaddon even harder to kill?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 23, 2015 8:02pm | Report
Why not, but how do you get that kind of farm? Hero is a support...Or MAYBE an offlaner. And his Aghs is just too good to pass out on so I think it's better to go Aghs if you want an item that gives you HP and mana pool.

If you can afford one AFTER your Aghs then yes, definitely, but it's still not an excuse to play the hero safe lane just to be a space-taking ******* and a really poor carry.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 23, 2015 8:02pm | Report
Only worth it on (semi-)carry Abaddon, because only (semi-)carry will use it well enough(will get in melee range to start with). But Abaddon is bad as position 1, on position 3 he won't have enough farm to even think of Skadi, and even if you put him double-hard(2-1-2), or double-easy lane, he will usually have better items to purchase:

Mask of Madness
Abyssal Blade
Black King Bar
Mjollnir

And he should aim to finish the game by that moment, but if this drags for too long and you have a better carry so you won't have to build damage items, bkb-piercing slow is quite good to consider.

Tl;dr: very situational, only get if farmed and there is a better carry in your team.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 23, 2015 8:36pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1343546946

Good example of an Abaddon game.(SHAMELESS ADVERTISING MYSELF) That Ultimate Orb was going to be a Scythe of Vyse though. Took over the game early, but team went way too aggressive, and had a couple really bad deaths trying to save people. But in the end, we managed to prevail.

Now, back to the Skadi. While it sounds good on paper, his support role doesn't really allow it (I was playing #4 that game, roaming with Oracle). You have infinitely more useful items to get first, even if farmed, I'd rather get Assault Cuirass or Scythe of Vyse. But you want to concentrate on those early #4 items ( Soul Ring is kinda core, followed by Mekansm and the boots of your choice.)

You can easily roam with Orb of Venom and level 1 Curse of Avernus. It's just stupid good.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 23, 2015 9:16pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1343546946

Good example of an Abaddon game.(SHAMELESS ADVERTISING MYSELF) That Ultimate Orb was going to be a Scythe of Vyse though. Took over the game early, but team went way too aggressive, and had a couple really bad deaths trying to save people. But in the end, we managed to prevail.

Now, back to the Skadi. While it sounds good on paper, his support role doesn't really allow it (I was playing #4 that game, roaming with Oracle). You have infinitely more useful items to get first, even if farmed, I'd rather get Assault Cuirass or Scythe of Vyse. But you want to concentrate on those early #4 items ( Soul Ring is kinda core, followed by Mekansm and the boots of your choice.)

You can easily roam with Orb of Venom and level 1 Curse of Avernus. It's just stupid good.

Usually when I get Soul Ring I accidentally suicide a lot :D Gotta agree with the level 1 roaming, IT'S CRAAAAAAAAZYYYYYY
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved