Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pick these 5 heroes = 100% win

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Pick these 5 heroes = 100% win 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by qark » August 12, 2014 11:59am | Report
I think best way to win is pick all 5 heroes with biggest win rate, so just pick necrophos mid, than wk with aa safe lane and abadon with omniknight offlane and you cant lost !!! Or you can replace abadon with bristleback. AA pick coz he can counter your entire team when enemy will have him

qark

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 12, 2014 12:10pm | Report
Hm, I'm not a dota pro, but I'm not sure whether this would be 100% victory. I don't play (nor intend to) any of the listed heroes, but surely there are some counters to them?

You can of course come up with good team matchups and strategies, but I'll need to see some proof of it being 100% win ;)

Either way, heroes always have a counter, be wary of that, even if it is one lane that doesn't do well it's still 2 or 1 vital member/s of your team that aren't farmed enough.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » August 12, 2014 12:17pm | Report
You meant - 5 heroes with biggest winrate?

I think the best way to win is to communicate with your teammates, have teammates that are willing to communicate with you and pick wisely. Another good idea is to have at least 2 heroes that have abilities that can stun someone - basic advice.

You want to have a team that can be effective in the early game - like having Sand King, Treant Protector (those are just examples) and can still be relevant in the late game. But also you want to have those carries that will be able to possibly kill whole enemy team if given enough time and space for it - like Faceless Void, Spectre.

There is also no perfect combination of heroes in Dota. Any team can be outplayed, outfarmed or they can make bad decisions when it comes to purchasing items (and when to purchase what/how to use it).

To me, this thread makes no sense.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » August 12, 2014 12:35pm | Report
Also, this should be under Theory Crafting or General Discussion, not the Ideas place ;)

Ninecent

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 13, 2014 6:29am | Report
I believe that this is the ideal, always win team based on synergies and the like;

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » August 13, 2014 6:57am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I believe that this is the ideal, always win team based on synergies and the like;

Phantom Lancer mid? Kunkka solo on safe lane and Chaos Knight with Lich on duo hard lane? I don't really see any good synergy here.

I see not enough ranged heroes, so there is a threat that your team can be kited hard early. PL will lose mid to any decent mid hero (if players are somewhat equal). Spirit Lance is not a good farming ability, because it will affect 1 creep, while Breathe Fire can get you like 3-4 last hits and mana cost is way better on DK's skill when you will think about it's effectiveness. PL is countered by another heroes - like Earthshaker or Ember Spirit.

There is only 1 proper stun here - Chaos Bolt (but even if, the projectile speed is rather low). Torrent is unreliable, so are stuns that Doom Bringer can acquire thanks to jungle creeps. Lich ultimate is highly unreliable and team has to rely heavily on a great Ghostship to initiate (which won't happen 100% of the time). There are other stuff, like using Doom on illusion on someone with Linken's Sphere. Or Doom Bringer can be silenced and killed before you will do anything.

In this team composition I don't see good picks. Basic thing - this team is waaaay too greedy. Even Lich is considered rather greedy support, compared to, let's say - Jakiro. Kunkka without farm is just silly (unreliable stunner), and you want to have farmed Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer and Doom. If you want to have a game that will last 60 minutes then fine, maybe it would work, but what if the opposite team would pick Templar Assassin mid, Faceless Void, Shadow Shaman and Lion on the safe lane, Enchantress in the jungle and Weaver offlane? So much better early and mid game, much more lockdown, much more versatility and mobility.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 13, 2014 7:05am | Report
Moved to theory crafting.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 13, 2014 8:47am | Report
I've considered going for a Line-Up with like as much push as you can get, and want to test how good it actually is:

Death Prophet mid

Shadow Shaman safe lane/roaming support.
Leshrac safe lane/roaming support.

Pugna Safe Lane farmer.

Any off-laner that can work against the opposing line-up, I've considered Nyx Assassin and Centaur Warrunner quite a lot. Or Tidehunter if you want even better team-fight. But basically any-off laner to make up for the team can work.

Likewise the actual pushers aren't set in stone, Lycanthope can easily swap places with the Pugna or the Death Prophet if you want a more conventional DPS carry.

Basically the line-up is meant to go take towers. Lots of towers, very quickly. Supports do the usually stuff to try and secure fast level. And then you transition into clearing the entire map of towers in short order. Especially give you have enough big spells to make early game fights into you a harder thing to deal with.

Even if you get behind in gold, and some EXP, you can still take early game fights at this disadvantage because you've got all this extra damage.

Likewise pushing Highground isn't as hard either because of the huge extra damage you get.

The line-up probably has some weaknesses, I even worry that it has so much push, some of it gets wasted. But this is a decent enough thread to discuss the idea I had.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by qark » August 13, 2014 11:08am | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Phantom Lancer mid? Kunkka solo on safe lane and Chaos Knight with Lich on duo hard lane? I don't really see any good synergy here.

I see not enough ranged heroes, so there is a threat that your team can be kited hard early. PL will lose mid to any decent mid hero (if players are somewhat equal). Spirit Lance is not a good farming ability, because it will affect 1 creep, while Breathe Fire can get you like 3-4 last hits and mana cost is way better on DK's skill when you will think about it's effectiveness. PL is countered by another heroes - like Earthshaker or Ember Spirit.

There is only 1 proper stun here - Chaos Bolt (but even if, the projectile speed is rather low). Torrent is unreliable, so are stuns that Doom Bringer can acquire thanks to jungle creeps. Lich ultimate is highly unreliable and team has to rely heavily on a great Ghostship to initiate (which won't happen 100% of the time). There are other stuff, like using Doom on illusion on someone with Linken's Sphere. Or Doom Bringer can be silenced and killed before you will do anything.

In this team composition I don't see good picks. Basic thing - this team is waaaay too greedy. Even Lich is considered rather greedy support, compared to, let's say - Jakiro. Kunkka without farm is just silly (unreliable stunner), and you want to have farmed Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer and Doom. If you want to have a game that will last 60 minutes then fine, maybe it would work, but what if the opposite team would pick Templar Assassin mid, Faceless Void, Shadow Shaman and Lion on the safe lane, Enchantress in the jungle and Weaver offlane? So much better early and mid game, much more lockdown, much more versatility and mobility.

Lol, PL mid such a ******ed idea this :D

qark

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 13, 2014 4:08pm | Report
I don't think winrates mean anything. High winrates just mean that pubs are playing the hero well ( Wraith King is played as a mid-game carry like he's supposed to), and low winrates just mean that pubs suck at the hero ( Earth Spirit, Shadow Demon and Enchantress are meant to be played as roaming supports and people who just sit in lane/jungle and do nothing with these heroes are just throwing the game).
Game is generally balanced and you should play heroes you're good at. If you're good at a hero then winrates don't mean jack.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved