Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pick these 5 heroes = 100% win

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Pick these 5 heroes = 100% win 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 14, 2014 7:56am | Report
Winrates in pubs are meaningless, they're effectively telling you how brainless and hard to screw up a hero is. This is why top winrates tend to be seen on simple one-button heroes like WK, or tanky healers like omni/necro/abba.

6.79 Earth Spirit, who was the very definition of broken, had only a ~40% winrate during that period. Because as broken as he was, he still took a decent amount of skill and judgment to use properly.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Spacecat » August 14, 2014 6:17pm | Report
Heres my idea of the perfectish team
Lich(Safe lane)Clockwerk(Safe lane)Gyrocopter(mid)Enigma(Off lane)Tidehunter(Off lane)

Spacecat

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » August 15, 2014 2:25am | Report
Spacecat wrote:

Heres my idea of the perfectish team
Lich(Safe lane)Clockwerk(Safe lane)Gyrocopter(mid)Enigma(Off lane)Tidehunter(Off lane)

Please, no...

I've seen so many bad ideas on this site recently that I can't rage anymore. I feel like I lost it already.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » August 16, 2014 12:20am | Report
Arguing that those five give 100% winrate is like arguing that if Spectre has any levels in Dispersion she is unkillable.

You deal 100% of her HP as damage. Due to the passive, she has 22% of her HP left. So then you deal her lethal damage again. And she's at 22% of what she was before. This goes on as she has increasingly less HP but you can't actually kill her because every time you deal 100% of her current HP as damage, 22% of it remains.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 16, 2014 1:23am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Arguing that those five give 100% winrate is like arguing that if Spectre has any levels in Dispersion she is unkillable.

You deal 100% of her HP as damage. Due to the passive, she has 22% of her HP left. So then you deal her lethal damage again. And she's at 22% of what she was before. This goes on as she has increasingly less HP but you can't actually kill her because every time you deal 100% of her current HP as damage, 22% of it remains.

Volvo fix pls Spectre

O P O P O P O P
P O P O P O P O
O P O P O P O P
P O P O P O P O
O P O P O P O P
P O P O P O P O
O P O P O P O P
P O P O P O P O

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » August 25, 2014 11:17am | Report
I'd say there are two types of teams who can easily win under proper conditions. First one is a team with balanced strategy potential: pushing, teamfighting, ganking, early-mid-late game, farming, etc. however isn't exceptionally good at any of them, playing the game nice and slow, balancing offence with defence and reaching the win steadily. Second one is the one that relies heavily on one of the aspects to end the game as fast as possible before they are countered, most of the time this team will initiate and play aggressively, hard to sustain against this team early game. Or they could play defensively trying to reach late game, so they re easy to shut down early. This team is more of the first one. Great tankiness and survivability overall in each one of them, good teamfight potential, fast XP and gold gain and really easy to pull off ganks, also good def/push potential. However this team can't cope with constant SPLIT pushing as individually they are a bag of durable meat. Split push early, disrupt their farm and they are useless late game.

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » August 25, 2014 11:23am | Report
My dream team is Legion Commander safe lane, Omniknight safe lane, Queen of Pain mid, Silencer offlane, Nature's Prophet jungle. Having late game secured with LC and Silencer, early game and ganking with QoP and NP, teamfight potential with QoP, Omni and Silencer, push with NP and QoP. Generally a mobile and versatile team with some sick combos, but can be countered with heavy disablers and can be outfarmed.

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 25, 2014 11:34am | Report
1-5 positions (2-1-2)
Juggernaut, Dragon Knight Mirana Clockwerk and Shadow Shaman
My alternate for 1-1-3:
Troll Warlord, outworld devourer Puck Earthshaker and Shadow Shaman
Although I'm going to post a question on this forum If puck can offllane.
Spoiler: Click to view

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » August 26, 2014 5:16am | Report
There is no perfect draft. It all depends on player skills and teamwork.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 26, 2014 6:18am | Report

There is no perfect draft. It all depends on player skills and teamwork.

A sane voice in the midst of madness T-T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved