Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Personal best hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Personal best hero? 51 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 2, 2013 11:41am | Report
Who is your best hero? NightStalker
Why are they your best hero? He has great MS at night
What do you do differently then normal people to make them your best hero? get Shadowblade

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iced.D » August 14, 2014 8:19pm | Report
Slark is my best hero, once I get level 6 with some boots, I'm like a ***** dog looking for ganks. I don't think I do anything "differently" I just play him so much that I'm sorta really good at him.

I'm also getting good at Spectre, I love haunting weaker hero who are trying to split push, it's the best feeling to kill a rat dota prophet. I don't build Radiance on her, I build manta and Diffusal then skadi for tankiness and the passive.

iced.D

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 15, 2014 1:18am | Report
Please, no more necro.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » August 15, 2014 2:20am | Report
My most successful hero is Terrorblade with 100% winrate at 10 games. It's not that much but not fairly low for me considering that my most played hero is bounty hunter with 20 games
But notice that I played him mostly prepatch when his q were op Here

What I do different?
I don't know. First of all I don't pick him against mass of disable and burst. In lane I often get first blood lvl 3 and try to destroy t1 before 10 min. I rush powertreads into yasha around min 8-10. Then I'm able to jungle when the lanes are unsafe. I like to rush skadi then (my best time were min 17) but when our team is struggling I go for s&y and go for teamfights. Overall I play him as a early and midgame pusher who even shines at lategame.

For supports my shadow shaman is fairly good with 75% winrate and sniper from my beginning days with 76% :D

Sinured

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 15, 2014 4:10am | Report
My best hero is Venomancer. He's my favorite support by far. He does everything : he can win his lane pretty easily, he can harass, he can go for early kills in lane, he can roam and gank mid lane. And his strength in teamfights is unmatched. A well used Poison Nova + Venomous Gale combo in a teamfight deals something ridiculous like 2000 AOE damage to the whole enemy team.

My build is always the same : Arcane Boots, Mekansm if I'm the team's mek hero, but for me the core item on Veno is Blink Dagger. Blink veno is absurdly good because it allows you to get perfect positioning to land a perfect Poison Nova + Venomous Gale combo in teamfights (you need to gale after you nova because this way the damage becomes lethal, besides the slow prevents escapes). Aghanim's Scepter is really good once you reach level 16 not only for the damage but for the cooldown reduction as well, 60s cooldown means that you have nova available for every teamfight - besides Veno needs to tank up and Aghs is good for that as well.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 15, 2014 4:26am | Report
My best hero? Ummm... Not quite sure. There are the heroes that I've never lost as, such as Lich and Lion (I'm great at support although I hate the role), and there are those that I've lost as that I really like, such as Viper, Razor, and Broodmother.

If I had to pick one I'd go with Broodmother. Almost permanent invis suits my Guerilla style of going about things. Brood is a terrible ganker since she needs webs to do well in or out of lane, and since I prefer to work with a small group of people to push a lane, rather than coaxing a full-on teamfight out of the other team, this suits me as well. If you use Spawn Spiderlings enough in a short time, eventually you become unstoppable, pushing down towers solo and finishing off heroes as if they were Cheese. And, you know, 100% lifesteal for 14 seconds help too.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 15, 2014 4:31am | Report
Who calls the Dragon Knight?

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » August 15, 2014 5:01am | Report
the amount of necro on this site is too damn high! :D

that aside, Morphling.I'm not particularly good at morphling but i'm pretty good for my level. I lose games because of **** like this:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/670238908

team does not like my draft. after 30 mins of bashing their heads in, they decide they dont want to win and sell invent and then feed Divine rapiers to the enemy. why dis hapen wit me G-god pls help.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 15, 2014 5:48am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Please, no more necro.

You have no control over us!
*evil laugh*

But seriously, necro is only bad when an already solved problem/question/argument is brought up again, but it's not like best heroes topic can be irrelevant, isn't it?

BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY BRAGGING STATISTICS!!!!!!!
Spoiler: Click to view

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 15, 2014 11:13am | Report
Doom, I guess. My winrate was 100% until the other day, but that's the only loss I have with him. Wins in double digits, not sure on the exact number.

Notable mentions are Bristleback, Brewmaster, Dragon Knight, Viper, and Tidehunter.

I didn't realize I like tanky heroes so much.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved