Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Necrophos Frontline Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Necrophos Frontline Build 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 28, 2013 2:18pm | Report
Hi everyone.

First of all, I'm not sure if I have to post this in Build & Guide Discusson, on the other hand this is just a speculation so let's go for the deal.

2 Theory builds:

I assume that the role of him change in the lasts few patches, but for me, the unique form to extend the potential of Necro is to stay alive forever in the teamfights. The playstyle should be Carry Mid for farm, exp and Mid/Late game ownage. IF someone in the team build an Mek, We can take asap bkb and then rush HoT (above all for the STR gain) and leave the enemy dps do the rest, BLADEMAIL!1!

The other build is skip all above and make mek ghost scepter (because of reasons), followed by pipe or shiva's.

Scepter is core for late game!

IMPORTANT: I'm brazilian (yes, our view about the game probably must be the worst in the world) so I ask a bit of parsimony to judge me. My english isn't perfect as well, so I say thank you if you help me if i'm wrong or you have other view about this awesome game. Thanks and cheers.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » November 29, 2013 5:38am | Report
Usually its a bad idea to put two core teamfight items on the same hero, so stick to Mek on Necro. Shivas wouldn't be to bad. It'd make Necro a hero that just walks in, and starts spamming his heal until he can ulti someone.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 29, 2013 6:57am | Report
Necro really thrives in long teamfights, so if you could get a team with other tanky heroes who can survive and dish out damage over a long period of time then you have a really nice lineup. think heroes like bristleback, radiance druid, abbadon, timbersaw, maybe viper.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 30, 2013 10:28am | Report
The point of Necro lasting a lot in teamfight, is not the raw HP he has, but the heals he keeps throwing out + the regen that he has from that assured kill with the Scythe.Sure, heart may seem nice later in the game, but I think that a bloodstone, given that you have the scythe, might be a bit better, allowing you to spam those heals, without really worrying about the mana.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » December 1, 2013 1:24am | Report
Let's not forget heartstopper, the longer the teamfight, the more hp it removes.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 1, 2013 3:05am | Report

Let's not forget heartstopper, the longer the teamfight, the more hp it removes.

Exactly, you cant underestimate the damage that the aura does over a teamfight. Especially since you apply it to multiple heroes.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » May 24, 2014 4:42pm | Report
Came here to tell you guys, this **** works. In a pub game, I pick necro to combine with coco's rum and just OMG. Blademail GG

Brazilian here, I write wrong and I know it, sorry.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 26, 2014 1:46am | Report
I hear a lot of rumbling about Necrolyte's ability to play offlane, by abusing his Heatstopper Aura and ensuring he remains in range of the opponents at all times. However, I only ever play him mid for guaranteed levels and the ability to farm usually against a single opponent, leaving less chance of being completely shut down.

Item build usually goes:
Bottle (This delays your core, but is necessary IMO with the Phase Boots pickup)
Phase Boots
Mekansm
Shiva's Guard

After this point, it becomes quite situational. Scythe of Vyse or Orchid Malevolence are solid picks depending on whether you need to shut down a hard right clicker or a spell abuser. Obviously Bloodstone if you're having real mana issues and your team isn't keeping up the Arcane Boots supply. If you're really far ahead, and the enemy team has 2-3 squishies you can find, then Dagon has its merits. I don't recommend this item as a core, just very, very luxury.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 26, 2014 5:12am | Report
I usually prefer buying an Aghanim's Scepter before Shiva's: after all, the Reaper's Scythe is the main reason you should pick this Hero (as there are other choices for when you need sustain in teamfights), as preventing the enemy carry from buying back might get you a barrack or Roshan. My usual build is Phase, Mek, Agh's and Shiva's for the mid-late game, taking a Bottle if I'm mid.

As for the first suggested build, I think you should take a Shiva's or Blade Mail instead of the BKB: many tany Heroes ( Lone Druid, Spectre, Timbersaw, Medusa...) have so much resistance they don't really need magic immunity, and with a ton of armor you're basically unkillable if you can get those items in time. I still prefer getting Mek and Agh's first as they offer so much sustain in the early-mid game, but if you're in the carry position you can try rushing a Shiva's and then going for a Heart.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 26, 2014 8:42am | Report
Personally I like Power Treads into Mekansm -> Bloodstone -> Aghanim's Scepter. As Peppo says, you're there to kill tanks and sustain your team (although I think Necrophos is possibly the best sustain hero), so you want an Aghanim's Scepter as soon as you have the levels to make it really effective.

Personally I like the Bloodstone so I can keep sustaining if you have to fight away from a creep wave, and to give you a big enough health/mana pool to keep doing that and survive until you can drop the Reaper's Scythe on someone. I'd probably go Aghanim's Scepter first if the game hadn't been going particularly well and it's hitting mid/late without you having a lot of farm.

Maybe you'd go earlier Shiva's Guard if the enemy team was mostly physical damage, but usually I'll only drop the cash on int items later on.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved