Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My own 6.84

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » My own 6.84 36 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 28, 2015 1:24am | Report
Various rescaling done, specifically with regards to Leshrek and PA Assassin. And generally correcting things which I thought were weaker than they were before (eg cooldown on troll's ult isn't 45 apparently)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 28, 2015 2:37am | Report
22% crit chance?

tera do you know what you just did? why did you do this ;_;
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 28, 2015 11:14am | Report
It's 19% for 390% crit now, which works out to a 55% average increase but is more reliable than 15% 450%.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Finalized » March 2, 2015 4:35pm | Report
+rep man, actually made me laugh. the Mirana and Bane one's i totally agree with. good ideas tho.

Finalized

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 2, 2015 4:48pm | Report
+rep for the double post.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 6, 2015 10:08am | Report
Kboyz.

Added the items section, and tweaked the new numbers on Void's bash. It used to deal 192 damage per bash when 6-slotted. Now it deals 126, and only deals an extra 50 damage in the Chronosphere.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 18, 2015 8:29am | Report
Few more changes. Buffs to Naga's manfight (lol it's still a joke), few more changes to Terrorblade, and a rather radical Outweed Dankvourer suggestion. Also added more Storm nerfs which could do something to make Balance Spirit more fair.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 18, 2015 8:46am | Report
I really like the cast point on Ball Lightning. A well needed nerf to balance spirit.
However I don't get the "no longer invulnerable" part. How does that even work, he's a ****ing ball of electricity, how does that take damage? :)
If you want to nerf him there's a surefire way to do so : reduce his base damage. His base damage is way too high for a solo mid especially since he can last hit with remnant and Overload. Base damage reduced by 5, here we go.
Ball Lightning damage is also a bit too good. Either reduce the damage or make it deal no damage to creeps.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 18, 2015 9:14am | Report
COngrats you made Storm unplayable. What's with the hate of this hero anyway? Reduce damage of Static Remnant and he's (relatively) fine.

Hamstertamer wrote:

However I don't get the "no longer invulnerable" part. How does that even work, he's a ****ing ball of electricity, how does that take damage? :)

That means he can no longer dodge AOE stuns, he can no longer dodge things like Glimpse and X Marks the Spot, he can now be killed by a random Dragon Slave etc, if I understood correctly. That's just unfair, it makes hero unplayable.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 18, 2015 9:29am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

What's with the hate of this hero anyway?

It's not hate, it's just that, he's in the top 3 broken heroes in the game right now, maybe just slightly below Troll Warlord on the "Icefraud pls" scale. You just nerfed 5-man pushing to the ground, which means that he can now roam the map all game and solo kill anything he wants. He's way too good in the late game for a snowballing hero. AND he got a big buff to Ball Lightning to top it up that reduces the mana cost of the skill by a ton.
Truth is, every game I watch, it's really pick Troll or pick Storm, win game. Literally. The higher the skill level the more it's like this.
Unless he gets counterpicked HARD, this hero is an autowin pick.

Dimonychan wrote:

Reduce damage of Static Remnant and he's (relatively) fine.

His ultimate is what's stupidly OP about him. Remnant is just a normal nuke, it's fine as it is. Besides if you want to nerf remnant you need to nerf the flying vision, reducing the damage doesn't change zilch.

Dimonychan wrote:

That means he can no longer dodge AOE stuns, he can no longer dodge things like Glimpse and X Marks the Spot, he can now be killed by a random Dragon Slave etc, if I understood correctly. That's just unfair, it makes hero unplayable.

Well, he already can't dodge Glimpse. But I agree that it's a bit unfair, other stuff needs to be nerfed not this.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved