Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

my current builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » my current builds 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 25, 2015 7:18pm | Report
so as i play offlane here is how i run me boys

Tide

8 tangoes ward salve clarity - starting
blink arcanes wand forcestaff- mid game
refreshers shivas - late

cent

3 tangoes boots clarity
tranqs blink forcestaff blademail
heart shivas

also

i have started building forcestaff and blink on a ***TON of heroes recently.

not even kidding....

when the hell did this start?

people?

when did forcestaff become core on intiators?

i remmeebr when it just used to be like ...GET BLINK

now its like blink forcestaff euls

yyyyyyy

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » February 25, 2015 9:13pm | Report
I think the reasoning is that it'd be nice to have a way out once you initiate. Without a force or Eul's, you blink in, get that awesome 4 man Ravage, but now, you're stuck in the middle of 4 angry dudes.

With the mana cost removal on Blink Dagger, it's even more incentive for heroes to pick up a Force Staff, since they won't be mana starved to use it after their initiation.

I consider Force Staff to be core on several offlane initiators, like Tidehunter, Batrider, Clockwerk, Centaur Warrunner , and even Magnus.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » February 25, 2015 10:16pm | Report

I consider Force Staff to be core on several offlane initiators, like Tidehunter, Batrider, Clockwerk, Centaur Warrunner , and even Magnus.

Force Staff has been core on bat rider for a long time (the whole time i have played dota) but the other heroes are a newer thing.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » February 26, 2015 12:20am | Report
Well I mean Force Staff is in the top 5 items in the game for a very good reason. Arguably the best item in the game at that.

It's kind of to with the fact the item is so versatile anyway given it gives positioning, mobility, escape and initiation in one 2200 gold item.

Iniator's love the item when they are somewhat ahead, because it increases there iniation range to basically a screen away, (Take like Sand King, he can go about 2200~ range in less than 2 seconds with Blink Dagger and [[Force Staff. Which is pretty legit) it gives them mana which a loooot of them desperately want because they build Refresher Orb, and it gives them the utility to remain highly useful when that big spell is on Cooldown.

It's just an incredible utility item, and initiating offlaners generally build utility rather than damage.

It's priority of wanting to be picked up changes from game to game (As in you definately want to build it versus Clockwerk and Lifestealer for example), but's it's probably one of the only items that's always a good item regardless of the situation. (Even if it's not the perfect item to build at a given time)

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » March 10, 2015 9:59pm | Report
Ok, well heroes I build forcestaff/blink on:
Tide,
Mag,
Eshaker,
Bat,
Cent (if you actually forcestaff when you double edge it bounces you infront of him, if he runs),
Axe,
Rubick,
Pudge.
It's good on initiators or gap closers, clock can be added but I dont normally like it that much on him.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » March 11, 2015 10:24am | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

Ok, well heroes I build forcestaff/blink on:
Tide,
Mag,
Eshaker,
Bat,
Cent (if you actually forcestaff when you double edge it bounces you infront of him, if he runs),
Axe,
Rubick,
Pudge.
It's good on initiators or gap closers, clock can be added but I dont normally like it that much on him.

Well I never build forcestaff on Earthshaker. He's like the blink-ulti-fissureblock-totem type of hero. No need force stafferino

And i see you left Clockwerk out of the list. That item is **** good on him. A lvl9 Clockwerk with only Phase Boots and Bottle can't hook-cog-battery a hero. I've tried it, you need to be at least lvl 11 to be able to pull the combo. This is why Force Staff is good on him. Also helps him force out from cog

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » March 11, 2015 10:22pm | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

build forcestaff on Earthshaker. He's like the blink-ulti-fissureblock-totem type of hero. No need force stafferino

And i see you left Clockwerk out of the list. That item is **** good on him. A lvl9 Clockwerk with only Phase Boots and Bottle can't hook-cog-battery a hero. I've tried it, you need to be at least lvl 11 to be able to pull the combo. This is why Force Staff is good on him. Also helps him force out from cog

Believe it or not, before I wasn't buyin force staff either on Eshaker, but the more I play him the more I find it useful. Either for escaping more than initiatiing with, I really like it. It's just such a good item for offense and defense.

Like I said in my first post, I know it's good on clock, since it helps with his mana pool etc. but I play him the wrong way. I usually hook but not combo them, unless they're supports and are alone. I can cog them for saving my allies or just trapping the carry, I'll rarely go for a complete combo. But I get why it's such an awesome item on him. It happens that I buy mana booster ans get a mek on him, or I go drums force staff aghs, which is a bit more rare. But hey I rarely play clock so...
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Haloon » March 12, 2015 8:56am | Report
I like to get Force Staff on Sniper if i feel need of fast escape,but allways getting flamed for it c_c

Haloon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 12, 2015 1:42pm | Report
Blink Dagger is better on sniper since you're most likely dead by the time you receive any damage that could prevent blinking away.
Also being able to evade projectiles with it is pretty good for someone who wants to stand and shoot uninterrupted.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 12, 2015 1:48pm | Report
Haloon wrote:

I like to get Force Staff on Sniper if i feel need of fast escape,but allways getting flamed for it c_c

I'm with you completely. Among the positionning items I think Forcestaff is by far the best choice on Sniper.
I eat blink dagger snipers for breakfast everytime I see one, honestly sometimes blink sniper feels even worse than shadowblade sniper.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved