Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid Heroes and their Counters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Mid Heroes and their Counters 40 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 8, 2013 7:51am | Report
Pudge is easy to counter, pick lifestealer. more tanky he gets, more feast for lifestealer. there done. gg. rage means no rot dmg. open wounds means no running.infest means 2nd life. gg. Or you could just buy a hood so rot/dismember does nigh nothing and a force staff to dodge hooks. or you could just ward like a boss. As for bounty being a counter to drow and sniper i will assume you meant that he can counter them because they are common shadowblade holders, well your team should have dust/wards anyway so the track is really just for money/speed boost.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KneeWalrus » January 8, 2013 5:31pm | Report
An increasingly popular and effective mid hero not on this list is TA. And the best counter picks to her are unconventional ones, like Veno for the DoT to rid her of refraction, Axe to keep her out of range, and kunkka to keep her lane pushed and her refraction down, so rune control isn't so easy for her.

KneeWalrus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 8, 2013 5:49pm | Report
I saw turtle use ursa mid against no tide in one of their matches.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 8, 2013 6:17pm | Report
KneeWalrus wrote:

An increasingly popular and effective mid hero not on this list is TA. And the best counter picks to her are unconventional ones, like Veno for the DoT to rid her of refraction, Axe to keep her out of range, and kunkka to keep her lane pushed and her refraction down, so rune control isn't so easy for her.

Uh, bat rider...

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » January 8, 2013 6:59pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Uh, bat rider...

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KneeWalrus » January 8, 2013 7:19pm | Report
Not sure if you've watched any games recently, but bat has been a banned in about 70% of games. So TA generally isn't picked in any situation where bat is. Unless you talking public games. In which case sure bat works so does WD or anyone else with cheap DoT

KneeWalrus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by yubiyoy » January 9, 2013 4:39am | Report
I counter almost everyone by running Lion mid and putting around 2 points into the mana drain.

yubiyoy

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 12, 2013 11:56am | Report
Quoted:
I counter almost everyone by running Lion mid and putting around 2 points into the mana drain.

My fast bottle brew master will tear you to pieces
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bananane » January 20, 2013 2:48am | Report
Pudge < Lifestealer

His natural tankiness feeds your Feast late-game, you have magic immunity against his Rot.

POTATO

Bananane

Notable (1)
Steam: [HD] Prometheus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Entenei » March 25, 2013 5:37am | Report
I think you forgot bat rider for mid hero? I tend to use him for mid, Hes awesome against a few mid heroes, (esp pudge as people seem to be talking about him)
if enough of his stacks are built up on the hero, they a re in danger. So they tend to have to run back and wait for stacks to run off. If they build up its just an easy gank... Pudge is even nicer. If he dares hook you before level 6 just start poo-ing fire and so long as he has a few stacks is just a win.
I am yet to find a good hard counter to batrider mid, I guess a hero like QoP that just needs to blink away form fire trail and slow wont pin her down as much.
hes also a great ganker for other lanes due to flying over tree's. often net a lot of early game kills allowing your carries to farm.
Hes also got uses in end game as well with his disable and move skill. picking someone up and putting them the wrong side of a cliff with lots of trees around him. Always fun :D

Entenei

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved