Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Manta Swag

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Manta Swag 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 17, 2015 3:53pm | Report
Continuation of the discussion about this item. So what do we know so far?

-It gives the most DPS for a stat hero if you have more than 37 agi
-Rat dota
-Radiance burn stacking (this is why it's Spectre's second item, by the way - allows you to cut waves with it)
-Naga is obnoxious.

As KCAF says, live free, rat hard.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 17, 2015 6:38pm | Report
Bro, radiance burn doesn't stack.

In my opinion, Manta Style >> Sange and Yasha on Riki because it opens up possibilities for dank juking and plays, as well as burns mana via diffu.

also, Manta Style has good synergy with almost every hero in the game because of the juking possibilities and the transfer of UAM's.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 17, 2015 7:15pm | Report
But with manta you can have a greater AOE of Radiance: eg. you can push both lanes and farm jungle at the same time.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 17, 2015 7:57pm | Report
Manta's damage boost is only great if you can't be kited, and on many melee heroes, the mantas are liable to block you. Thus, it's really nice if you're melee to have a disable ( Chronosphere) or anti-kite ( Phantom Rush) skill, or if you're using it to attack towers.

I know this probably doesn't need mentioning, but this item is amazing on Terrorblade, because being a hard carry with 4 active spells is tough (just ask Naga), and the melee/ranged exploit is fun. I'm still not sure if TB, Spectre, or AM is the best carrier of this item.

I still like this item on Dragon Knight, but I'm wishing this was like in dota 1 days where you could exploit the "melee" manta transformation stats and cooldown like how Terrorblade can currently do, that would be so metal for DK. There's many games where I don't need bkb, and just need the dispel but this item quite often leaves the DK lacking in damage until really late in the game due to him not having a natural steroid and all.

Also, Manta (most probably with Radiance) on Wraith King, how is that? He has a built in crit and all, so it might speed up his farm a lot more.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 18, 2015 1:00am | Report
Manta Dragon Knight belongs IMO in the "good idea on paper but ultimately rejected" thread. Sure the illusions cleave, but DK is not a stat-based hero. His best build is stacking raw damage and attack speed items, like Moon Shard, Mjollnir, Daedalus, Monkey King Bar, Satanic...on top of BKB and blink or shadowblyat. And when you're not a stat hero you're not a manta hero.

Wraith King...manta/radiance is probably legit on him. Manta alone is the same issue as DK, he's not a stat hero since his best build is stuff like abyssal, moonshard, AC, MKB, BKB etc.

Rushing manta first item on Terablyat just to rat faster despite still sitting at 700 HP though...the greed is real EleGiggle.

What about...manta on Invoker? That's a stat hero right now, and it procs Cold Snap in the quas-wex build where you don't have spirits (and gives movement speed). Oh and it purges silence.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lofy » November 18, 2015 2:14am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

What about...manta on Invoker? That's a stat hero right now, and it procs Cold Snap in the quas-wex build where you don't have spirits (and gives movement speed). Oh and it purges silence.

just created new meta?

Lofy

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 18, 2015 9:39am | Report
Lofy wrote:

just created new meta?

The question is necro 3 vs manta, but i am prettty sure necro outclass it
on top you would have Purge + 1 s invulnerable vs Manaburn + True sight

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved