Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Luna BKB + Ethereal Blade = Invulnerability?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Luna BKB + Ethereal Blade = Invulnerability? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CandyBoyQueen » February 11, 2014 9:23pm | Report
If this were ever done, it'd be on Luna while she cast Eclipse. She's the only hero I can think of who would benefit from both items at the same time (except for Crystal Maiden with just Ghost Scepter). Using them at the same time would make her unable to be attacked, and counter the magic weakness from Ethereal Blade. Would this grant you invulnerability for the duration of Eclipse?
Of course, this would be with a HotD and either Manta or Butterfly.

CandyBoyQueen

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 11, 2014 9:41pm | Report
I don't think it would necessarily be a bad idea, but it takes a lot of time to farm it and most of the time a Black King Bar is enough to survive until the Eclipse finishes unless caught 1v5. You would still be susceptible to ultimates like Fiend's Grip or Black Hole, and enemy BKBs make your Eclipse useless. But it's a nice concept on paper.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 11, 2014 10:22pm | Report
It could easily prevent you from being targeted if you did it, even if there was a Fiend's Grip or Primal Roar, etc. there wouldn't be much follow up. The only downside I see is that by the time you get all the other Items that you need, it's going to be hard to get enough damage out of the Eclipse to justify this when a Satanic already gives you a 2nd live to keep you alive.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 11, 2014 10:43pm | Report
Doesn't magic immunity disable ethereal form?

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 11, 2014 11:15pm | Report
I don't think that it will grant you invulnerability for the duration of Eclipse, like Peppo mentioned there are ultimates like Fiend's Grip and Black Hole and others who go through magic immunity and ghost form.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HueHang » February 11, 2014 11:24pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

As far as I know, BKB does not disable ethereal form. Also Rupture goes through magic immunity as well as the initial damage of Echo Slam.

HueHang

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Manofchalk » February 12, 2014 1:02am | Report
Rupture isn't magic damage, its straight HP removal and cant be blocked (ignoring Linkens Sphere)
"Windranger" is not how you spell Windrunner.

Manofchalk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 12, 2014 1:24am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

according to dota2wiki it can be used on magic immune allies, but not enemies.
Source: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Ethereal_blade

i think, that combining BKB and E-blade seems like a nice gimmick... But as already said: its hardly worth the gold on Luna as there usually are better items (like Satanic or Butterfly) that can help you to survive physical damage.

EDIT: i have to confess, that i didnt know that Ethereal Blade can be disassembled, so maybe it could actually be a valid Mid-game item.

you know, like: Treads -> HotD -> BKB -> E-Blade -> Satanic (-> disassemble Eblade) -> Butterfly

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 12, 2014 10:53am | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

EDIT: i have to confess, that i didnt know that Ethereal Blade can be disassembled, so maybe it could actually be a valid Mid-game item.

you know, like: Treads -> HotD -> BKB -> E-Blade -> Satanic (-> disassemble Eblade) -> Butterfly

True, and the Ghost Scepter is still relevant, especially in the Late Game.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 12, 2014 3:39pm | Report
You can just use Omniknight to do it on any single hero.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved