Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lifestealer Weapons

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Lifestealer Weapons 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 27, 2013 7:40am | Report
When I've been working on my Lifestealer build I have worked out a decent buy order to getting Armlet of Mordiggian, Drum of Endurance (sometimes), Power Treads, Crystalys, and Maelstrom by the Team Fight stage.

I have found I prefer to get Crystalys and Maelstrom both rather than completing Daedalus or Mjollnir first because then I get the Chain Lightning chance and the Critical Strike chance. I build the two base weapons and then sneak over to the Secret Shop to buy Hyperstone and Demon Edge during the team fight.

Now my question becomes, should I be building Battle Fury in addition to the other weapons? If so, when should I be building it? I'm thinking the combination of Battle Fury, Daedalus, and Mjollnir is pretty much gg, but I do know it's a pretty expensive build. Is there some way to tell if I should be getting two of the weapons based on the enemy team? Should I just keep things more standard and be getting Assault Cuirass?

Thanks for your help.

Tyerker

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 27, 2013 7:42am | Report
The build that is now used is :

Phase Boots
Drum of Endurance
Armlet of Mordiggian
Desolator
Assault Cuirass
Abyssal Blade

Sometimes Battle Fury is picked up against Phantom Lancer, but the items you specified above are pretty bad on him.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 27, 2013 7:44am | Report
Care to explain how Daedalus and Mjollnir are bad?

Battle Fury on Phantom Lancer makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 27, 2013 7:46am | Report
Tyerker wrote:

Care to explain how Daedalus and Mjollnir are bad?

Battle Fury on Phantom Lancer makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that.

Daedalus is not worth it, you already have a lot of damage, and critical strike won't help. Especially that a lot of your damage comes from Feast which won't count towards your critical hits.

Also, Mjollnir gives attack speed and that chain effect, but it gives little damage, and you can use the Hyperstone for Assault Cuirass instead, which gives you attack speed, armor, some nice auras for your team and also for the enemy. It's way better in my opinion.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 27, 2013 7:57am | Report
Would something like Orchid Malevolence work well for the attack speed boost + the disable?

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 27, 2013 8:03am | Report
Tyerker wrote:

Would something like Orchid Malevolence work well for the attack speed boost + the disable?

That would actually work against heroes like Outworld Devourer, Puck and Queen of Pain, yeah, and it also provides you with some good mana regen that can be useful.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 27, 2013 10:08am | Report
It really depends on the other team's lineup tbh, but imo...
Tyerker wrote:

Now my question becomes, should I be building Battle Fury in addition to the other weapons?

The Damage, Regen and Cleave are nice, but the Cleave is only worth it if you have some way to squish the other team together like Dark Seer's Vacuum or Magnus's Reverse Polarity (RP + Empower + Battle Fury's Cleave can mean GG on a lot of Melee carries 8D ). If you don't have that, then it's not really worth it as you don't really need the Mana Regen and Armlet of Mordiggian will give you more useful bonuses with the same amount of Damage for less Gold.
Hades4u wrote:

Daedalus is not worth it, you already have a lot of damage, and critical strike won't help. Especially that a lot of your damage comes from Feast which won't count towards your critical hits.

The only exception to this is if you pick Lifestealer then the other Team decides not to pick any Tanks, limiting Feast's Damage, but this isn't too likely to happen.
Hades4u wrote:

Also, Mjollnir gives attack speed and that chain effect, but it gives little damage...

Bear in mind the Active, which gives you a 20% chance to deal 200 Damage to 3 nearby targets every time you take Damage, be it a Right-Click a spell like Diabolic Edict, or even Radiance and can be used even while Rageing. Against other high Attack Speed Carries like an Alchemist, this can do some serious hurt.

It's also highly amusing sometimes 83

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 27, 2013 11:47am | Report
The thing with Mjollnir is that it is in essence a farming item (like Battlefury, Radiance and Hand of Midas), which a lot of people don't understand - they're great if you can get them fast enough, but they're not worth it after a certain point, since the effects don't scale like the alternatives. If you can't finish by 20 minutes, don't get it at all. 200 magical damage from the active isn't nearly as effective in a late-game teamfight as a -5 armor aura to the enemy team and a +5 armor aura to your team (from Assault Cuirass.

I don't like Mjollnir because it means I'm not getting the early Armlet of Mordiggian, which is the only core item Lifestealer really needs. Once you have phase+armlet (hopefully by 15 minutes) you're ready to stop farming creeps and start farming heroes.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 27, 2013 12:08pm | Report
Ya I usually end up with Power Treads and Armlet of Mordiggian by 15 minutes or so. I liked building Maelstrom and Crystalys because of the perceived usefulness of Gloves of Haste and Blades of Attack as I was building them. I suppose a Quarterstaff building into Orchid Malevolence is kind of a 2-for-1, though.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » August 27, 2013 8:19pm | Report
If you're going for what Hades posted as the Race Car build (Phase, Drums, Armlet), then maelstrom is not a good item, because your build should be focused on being unkillable (runs too fast, hits too hard, armlet). This is for fighting.

If you're going more old school jungle Naix that carries late game, feel free to get Midas/Maelstrom and Power Treads, and skip Drums and Armlet altogether. Just farm farm farm.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved