Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lets talk B.S

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Lets talk B.S 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 26, 2015 4:52am | Report
I really dislike "this hero is **** unviable" thought.

I want to discuss some B.S.

The 12 seconds buff to Rupture is underrated imo. He is a really strong anti melee now. He is exceptionally good at high mobility heroes. The Blood Rite is really strong early-mid game, although he still needs some sort of setup. Thirst.. I dont like the si called "buff". Dont give a **** at the new move speed, 30% is just too low to enable seeing enemies. This is a major nerf with the buff not worth it at all imo. His global power has decreased greatly. Next, Bloodrage is REALLY strong. Give it to a ganker/nuker and its daed enemies.

SYNERGIES
A whole lot. With his nuke enhancer, this hero would have great potential with nukers like Zeus. Not to mention right clickers like Ursa and Phantom Assassin. Has some synergy too with global strat, but imo the new Thirst is just majorly nerfed.

AS A COUNTERPICK
Against high mobility heroes, Rupture is a nightmare. That Anti-Mage escaping? Rupture for 12 seconds of disable. This is also amazing at teamfights. That Lifestealer rekt faces? Rupture for disable and damage that goes thru bkb.

The pure damage is great too. Counters high armor or magic resist hero like Anti-Mage and Phantom Assassin

One of the greatest counter that a BS can do imo is Timbersaw. Silence, PURE damage disable that Reactive Armor doesnt **** at, and the highly valued disable for 12 FREAKING SECONDS.

LANES AND POSITION
This is the worse B.S. He cant contest lanes howsoever and just needs to leech exp. The best way to play him, imo, is to run a strong duallane with him as a pos 1 or 3. Mid doesnt work unless the enemy played a really bad mid like Pudge.

At duallanes, he can get the farm and enough exp. The main reason i would play him duallane, however, is so that he has a teammate to deal the damage and or setup for him. I would play him duallane with a Shadow Demon, Skywrath Mage, or a Vengeful Spirit. SD best partner imo, double amplify is just broken, plus he has a great setup spell. Skywrath Mage with Bloodrage= rip in pieces enemy in harass. Vengeful Spirit gives great physical damage boost with her aura and BS can rage himself or venge. Also stun.

Jungling is really slow too. You cant jungle with BS.

ITEMS AND SKILLS
Right click BS is trash imo. I would build him a utility core hero with Force Staff, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Blade Mail, and maybe Blink Dagger.

You can still build right click BS, but i still think its trash.

I would go the 2-2-1-1 at level 6 just because Thirst isnt that strong enough to be relevant in the laning stage.

LINEUPS
Phantom Assassin safelane core- great synergy with BS and gives the lineup more diverse damage types
Zeus mid- just too much synergy with BS
Bloodseeker -hard lane core

SAFELANE SUPP CHOICES
Ancient Apparition safelane support- awesome synergy with BS. Magic amp, global nuke, what else do thy want?
Io safelane support- MORE synergy with BS, insane buff to any carry, and couple that with Bloodrage its just too stronk

HARDLANE SUPP CHOICES
Shadow Demon hardlane support- superb synergy with BS
Ogre Magi hardlane support- decent synergy with BS, strong harasses, setup, and a steroid for a carry to boot
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 26, 2015 5:44am | Report
He's a tough hero to place at the moment, his new abilities are good...but where the hell do you lane him? Used to be a situationally strong mid...now super-situational. Do you want him as your #1? No, not really. Jungler? Meh. Offlane? No way.

Kinda leaves him as a very greedy #4 with very limited ganking/roaming potential until 6, possible dual offlaner but it's not great, esp against a trilane. Dual mid? Possibly, but slows his levelling then.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 26, 2015 5:57am | Report
Still think he's better off core tho.

If enemy is running a jungle strat i think he can do with a strong duallane. Same if enemy is playing a weak laner,
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 26, 2015 7:09am | Report
came here expecting B.S. 10/10 would try again.lel.

On a more serious note, in my personal division of heroes, Bloodcyka has a place next to sniper.Simply because they both are ****ing dumb heroes right now.One because of his undefined position in the game, and another because,well,stuff.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 26, 2015 7:23am | Report
His skill set is good, but its moreso where the meta is at that's keeping him on the sidelines. To put him as a carry he has to damage amp himself, which means he's also realllllyyyy squishy. I actually see him as more of a half-jungling support in a trilane, like CM or SK. There he can use his skills to set up and help his team's carry. I just don't see him as a core because he gets outclassed lategame--which is where it all goes down in this patch.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 26, 2015 7:27am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

came here expecting B.S. 10/10 would try again.lel.

On a more serious note, in my personal division of heroes, Bloodcyka has a place next to sniper.Simply because they both are ****ing dumb heroes right now.One because of his undefined position in the game, and another because,well,stuff.

y w0t m8? the old BS was sniper stupid, new BS is fekken legit.

i would say he is either a 1 or a 4 position.
come on guys, carries in the mid or just getting multiple cores are EZ, so why cant you give him safelane farm?
if it works in professional games it will also work in pubs because..... he is bloodseeker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzdKnOFKqw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZN2ixxC3cY

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 26, 2015 4:36pm | Report
I'm with Sando in that he's a greedy #4 semi-jungler. Blood Rite needs setup, but so does Cold Feet, and the new BS actually jungles pretty well.

Perhaps you could make an aggressive ganking duo, like Venge/BS or ShaDemon/BS.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 27, 2015 1:11am | Report
Should we revert him back? :3

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 27, 2015 6:28am | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

Should we revert him back? :3

NEIN.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » January 27, 2015 6:35am | Report
Yeah in my opinion Bs has fallen way out of the meta.

The funny thing is, everybody plays him like it's still 6.81 or 6.82.

Despite asking for mid and getting a "yes" reply before the match even began, a Bloodseeker stole mid from me (Storm Spirit) and didn't even leave until he hit 6.

Chrissakes if that Bloodseeker had picked Spirit Breaker instead, imagine the insane ganks.

But no, the enemy has a lot of slow, soft melee carries and ranged carries (yeah they had like 4 carries) and he picks Bloodseeker.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved