Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lets talk about LC...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Lets talk about LC... 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 7, 2015 1:09am | Report
so if u check my dotabuff ive been playing a fair bit of LC lately.

mostly due to my thoughts that she is a great counter to current meta. (not proven/debatable)

Now when she first came out she was very broken. she could solo take towers in under the 4 minute mark with Press the Attack and her passive moment of courage pre nerf was so broken you could 1v5 in a creep wave and get an ultra kill ez. AND then she got nerfed and people didnt really like her anymore and you hardly ever see her now :(

with the current meta of heroes that can have free rein and do what they want with bkb up.

Troll soloing whole teams with BKB skadi
Axe just being a big ole' **** to everyone
and storm spirit just being a absolute campy *****y ***** (*** u storm ... fak yuuu)

and sniper .... die in a hole sniper .... die ... in ...a... hole ....

so now you see beast master coming back into meta due to the long single target stun he has and you see silencer and slark because they can deal with those three ... not well mind you .. just better then most.

now ive been having these games on lc where ive been playing against not just one of these heroes but 2 or 3 of them and ive been winning.

out of the past 10-12 lc games i have won 11. AGAINST meta heroes so.

why is this so?

now hear me out.

Legion Commander is a very good laner with overwhelming odds she can go safelane offlane or mid.

Press the Attack provides her not only with attack speed but a purge AND gives her some crazy regen.

Moment of Courage has the highest lifesteal percent in the game behind broodmother (i think correct me if wrong) and it deals damage as well so ... 0.6 second cooldown means with high enough attack speed can jump PAST the max attacks per second by 2. (xyrus do the math pls :D)

Duel is crazy good mostly due to the 5.5 seconds of lockdown BUT no the lock down is amazing like seriously good. think blink duel storm blink duel sniper. they cant do ****.

whats also amazing is the Plus damage heres where i think she can come into meta.

she can just go attack speed and stats (just like troll builds stats now). boots bottle blink then go kill. or boots basi blink go kill. with zues and lina being in meta slightly it also works.you come online quicker then they do with a sub 10 min blink. meaning you can start shutting down that sniper easily or that storm.

the only negative is that she is very very very snowball reliant. but 5.5 seconds lock down late game is nothing to laugh about.

thoughts on LC lads?

what are her weaknesses?
what can u see wrong?
do u agree?
what does she need in your opinion to come into meta?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 7, 2015 2:07am | Report
The main weakness she has at the moment is that she has to jump into the middle of a fight but has no way to survive Duel, so in higher skill games, it becomes a case of which team can get the Kill fastest.

You already need Blink Dagger to position yourself, meaning any Item to boost your survivbility comes 2nd, and also renders the aid of supports like Omniknight and Dazzle useless unless they manage to Farm Blink Daggers themselves, but there's nothing to stop the other Team from Positioning them so that they can counter Duel.

The Skill is good, but there's no good way to use it without a significant advantage in Teamfights. All it does at the moment is make for a good Pickoff + Snowballing Skill. 8{(
Smuggels wrote:

(xyrus do the math pls :D)

NEIN! <|8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 7, 2015 6:29am | Report
She kind of has the Bounty Hunter syndrome.

She's a hero for 5-man roaming in the early-mid game.

She depends completely on making plays with her team and snowballing in the 6->25 minute window.

The time where everybody is AFK ricing.

In those dark times where early game playmakers like Ancient Apparition go for Midas as core item and AFK farm all game...you just cry.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 7, 2015 3:47pm | Report
I actually like Oracle + Legion Commander combo. LC is sure to survive the duel in any case and Oracle can even buff up LCs rightclick dmg while disarming the opponent.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 7, 2015 4:55pm | Report
i personally really dont like the hero. she has to snowball to do well and when she doesnt she just reverse snowballs (****balls?) so hard.

in the offlane she gets behind and wont do enough work. even mid or safelane against a lot of teams she just cant jump in because she dies.
personally i just think she is a worse batrider, worse initiation and laning. her only redeeming factor is the fact that she can snowball hard, but she completely relies on that.

moment of courage was a bit ridiculous for sure, but right now the spell just seems bad. the removal of passive removal in duel also didnt help.

i dont really see how she is good against the current popular heroes either. she can be pretty good against storm but jumping into teams with lion, ES, jugger, troll, witch doctor, qop etcetera just seems like a very bad idea.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » April 7, 2015 4:58pm | Report
The only problem with LC is the nerf she received in the last patch, Duel not disabling passives anymore.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 7, 2015 6:01pm | Report
LC has an interesting skillset - a carry with a big AOE nuke, combo-breaker/heal and a long single target pseudo-disable. The problem is kinda that carry bit - in the current meta having a varied skillset can often come second to simply being good late game.

It's pretty arguable she's poor value without those Duel wins and doesn't have sufficient stats/passive to really stand up without them. There's not really an option to play her as a support due to the loss of damage on duels and high mana costs.

Biggest issue is as said, decent teams will give you minimal chances for easy duel wins, or might even start turning them round. You need to invest in a lot of early equipment to get rolling, and she's outclassed without snowballing. Against good players, their supports won't be giving you easy extra damage by being out of position.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 7, 2015 6:17pm | Report
Ummm...honestly, who cares about this disabling passives change. If you look at the big picture, this change did nothing.

Every passive that you would want to disable in the first place like Berserker's Blood or Borrowed Time was already not disabled by the old Duel, since the disable passives rule used to have a million exceptions : essentially all the impactful skills.

No seriously : bash evasion and crit now work during Duel and that's really all it changed, the rest is details. Who cares that you don't disable Mana Break anymore.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 7, 2015 6:39pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Ummm...honestly, who cares about this disabling passives change. If you look at the big picture, this change did nothing.

Every passive that you would want to disable in the first place like Berserker's Blood or Borrowed Time was already not disabled by the old Duel, since the disable passives rule used to have a million exceptions : essentially all the impactful skills.

No seriously : bash evasion and crit now work during Duel and that's really all it changed, the rest is details. Who cares that you don't disable Mana Break anymore.

Now PA can kill you in your own Duel. Void and Troll can permabash you in your own duel. WIll you solo kill Brew? I doubt it.

This change was really over the top. It has to be backtracked.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 7, 2015 6:54pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Now PA can kill you in your own Duel. Void and Troll can permabash you in your own duel.

Yes the bash can really be a problem. But it works both ways, LC can buy basher too. But I agree that bash needs to be disabled, bash during duel is pretty stupid.

For PA crit though, just buy Blade Mail and jump her before she can BKB and you actually kill her faster. Same thing for Juggernaut crit. LC is actually a really good counter to these heroes, Mask of Madness Jugg kills himself on your blademail.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved