Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dagon on every hero o.O (stupid question)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dagon on every hero o.O (stupid question) 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 29, 2014 7:26am | Report
I just wonder if every or most heroes can carry a dagon.
I mean I just love that burst damage you can use for last hitting for for offensive purpouses.
Like giving a dagon to a Viper will be good in my opinion becase of the intelligence
and burst to start kicking some nether toxin in.

However still dagon will suck on a hero like Magnus or Juggernaut since the mana pool
of these heroes are bad and its just... junk really on some heroes.

I also think it is good troll item for Axe.

You can just dagon then straight Culling Blade which is really unexpecteted and strong
in mid game.

So I want you guys to list your awesome idea with dagon and which heroes can combo with it
and stuff and which heroes you think can not hold dagon at all.

Still this is stupid again dont take the wrong idea.
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 29, 2014 7:27am | Report

I just wonder if every or most heroes can carry a dagon.
I mean I just love that burst damage you can use for last hitting for for offensive purpouses.
Like giving a dagon to a Viper will be good in my opinion becase of the intelligence
and burst to start kicking some nether toxin in.

However still dagon will suck on a hero like Magnus or Juggernaut since the mana pool
of these heroes are bad and its just... junk really on some heroes.

I also think it is good troll item for Axe.

You can just dagon then straight Culling Blade which is really unexpecteted and strong
in mid game.

So I want you guys to list your awesome idea with dagon and which heroes can combo with it
and stuff and which heroes you think can not hold dagon at all.

Still this is stupid again dont take the wrong idea.

Well, it's not exactly the most cost efficient item in the game...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 29, 2014 7:30am | Report
I actually tried it twice when I was losing it it worked kinda..

I sometimes get it if I dont feel like getting a specific item e.g Black King Bar

but then im too lazy to get some like Butterfly or heart of tarasque because I keep dying or if im just lazy too xD

2150 gold for an estimated 300 damage nuke isnt that bad for me I guess xD

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 29, 2014 7:30am | Report

I sometimes get it if I dont feel like getting a specific item e.g Black King Bar

but then im too lazy to get some like Butterfly or heart of tarasque because I keep dying or if im just lazy too xD

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 29, 2014 7:36am | Report

Isn't it 2730?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 29, 2014 7:44am | Report
Oops its 2720 but still chesp for me :3

Unlike an eagle song which is 3300 gold and your team keeps taking courier away or you basically cant reach that much cash without dying

which id the case sometimes :3

oh and its a stupid question so please understand what I mean
ty ^_^

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 29, 2014 8:31am | Report
Well I wouldn't get it on EVERY hero, but a relatively cheap bonus nuke for any hero isn't bad. It's the other items which are much better to prioritize on certain heroes which diminish the reason to buy one. For example, I would pick up dagon on Lina quite often, giving her an extra nuke really helps her out, to the point she can solo kill any hero providing she lands her stun. Adding up the damage here, lets say she has 4 points in both her dragon slave and light strike, and level 2 ult. (not factoring in the right click damage) she has a level 1 dagon which is what... 400 damage? So... 280 + 280= 560 lvl 2 laguna is 650 damage? so 1210 damage, plus dagon which is an extra 400 damage leading up to a whopping 1610 damage in quick succession. Not factoring in the magic resist here but you get the point. It's a good item on heroes which require a little more damage to be able to take down enemies, but I definitely would not recommend it on all heroes... unless you have an extra 2k gold sitting around. P.S hope I did the maths right here.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 29, 2014 9:07am | Report
The big issue with Dagon is that it only works as a first item, on heroes with a burst damage combo, who have no early mana issues. That's a LOT of conditions :)

Nature's Prophet : Dagon Furion is actually really good, if you get it as a first item at around 7/8 minutes. And then you can just TP around and pew pew people, then push the tower. The early game advantage it gives you is amazing.

Chen : it's a perfectly legit fun build if someone else is making Mekansm. Chen IS an early ganker and he already has some burst damage, so it works. The synergy with Penitence is notable, although admittedly if you're maxing Penitence and Test of faith leaving holy persuasion at level 1 then you're at least a bit trolling. Dagon Chens who just pew pew people are far better Chens than those who just sit in jungle for the first 10 minutes doing nothing.

Shadow Demon : it's amazing with soul catcher. the only difficulty is to get one early enough. Either you got fed by roaming, or you're solo mid, but if you can get one early it's really good.

Witch Doctor : used with a level 4 Maledict, it actually *doubles* the damage from Dagon :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 29, 2014 1:57pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

The big issue with Dagon is that it only works as a first item, on heroes with a burst damage combo, who have no early mana issues. That's a LOT of conditions :)

Nature's Prophet : Dagon Furion is actually really good, if you get it as a first item at around 7/8 minutes. And then you can just TP around and pew pew people, then push the tower. The early game advantage it gives you is amazing.

Chen : it's a perfectly legit fun build if someone else is making Mekansm. Chen IS an early ganker and he already has some burst damage, so it works. The synergy with Penitence is notable, although admittedly if you're maxing Penitence and Test of faith leaving holy persuasion at level 1 then you're at least a bit trolling. Dagon Chens who just pew pew people are far better Chens than those who just sit in jungle for the first 10 minutes doing nothing.

Shadow Demon : it's amazing with soul catcher. the only difficulty is to get one early enough. Either you got fed by roaming, or you're solo mid, but if you can get one early it's really good.

Witch Doctor : used with a level 4 Maledict, it actually *doubles* the damage from Dagon :)

I tink, thefore I am!

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 29, 2014 2:03pm | Report

I tink, thefore I am!

Skywrath Mage?

Ancient Seal > Dagon > Concussive Shot > Mystic Flare = Dead hero.

Blademail would kill him instantly, though.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved