Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Countering Troll Warlord

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Countering Troll Warlord 39 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 8, 2015 1:37pm | Report
Balance suggestions

What if Troll's Fervor maximum stacks were increased, but the attack bonus per stack was reduced to compensate? This makes it so that his early-mid game, when he doesn't naturally have enough attack speed to rack up Fervor so fast, suffers, and lategame he's about the same as he is now? In addition to this, remove the HP from Berserker's Rage and make his skills less effective from just a value point.

You can't nerf his movespeed too much, or he'll become kiteable which pretty much boots him out of the ranks of hard carries. You also can't cripple his ability to switch targets for the same reason. He was recently buffed (or, since Fervor was bugged, fixed) to the ranks of hard carries and it'd be sad to see him leave them Tinker style.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 8, 2015 1:49pm | Report
Remove his bash and require him to get a Basher or MKB if he wants bashes.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 8, 2015 2:04pm | Report

Remove his bash and require him to get a Basher or MKB if he wants bashes.

That would technically be a buff - Because then he gets to actually buy Abyssal Blade. And Troll with an Abyssal Blade is terrifying, because he's already a hero who happily buys late game Blink Dagger, and thus you made him a much better initiator.

Nerf wise - Hit his base movespeed, base damage by like 5-10, remove the armour bonus from his q (Maybe reduce the damage bonus), and make the blind on Whirling Axes have to scale up to 50%, rather than be a static 60%.

Oh and give Battle Trance an actual cooldown.

All in all, make him a worse laner, and just worse in the early game in general. Or at least a worse pusher.

It all depends however on how Icefrog views the hero - It's entirely possible that Icefrog makes his late game worse instead of his early game.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 8, 2015 2:42pm | Report
Actually hamster, given the boost from fervor, his BAT advantage does come into play even in early game.

If you ask me, i wanna nerf boots of travels.

If you ask me further, i wont change fervor drastically.
It is meant to have one value point during early game;given I want generally that his whirling axes should be maximized or berserker skilled situationally to substitute phase boots.

We can rob him of his bonus ms. But to rob him of his berserkers rage hp boost and armor is taking more than his early laning presence. That would go too far.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 8, 2015 4:46pm | Report
I think what should be done about Troll is nerfing the **** out of his melee form, at least early game to make him max it to be of some use(some players prefer maxing Q as it is now, it's not that bad, and would be even better if the scalability(i mean REAl scalability) was added).

And you absolutely need to stop Quelling Blade working on Roshan, that's just ridiculous. One of the reasons Troll and Jugg are so good is thatthey get Qeulling Blade and just go hit Roshan on minute 12.

We can rob him of his bonus ms. But to rob him of his berserkers rage hp boost and armor is taking more than his early laning presence. That would go too far.

That is exactly where it should go. For his ability to carry that hard he has absurd lane presence. He is strong in literally every stage of the game with little possibilities for enemies toexploit his weaknesses.

Or if you want him to stay strong early, nerf his BAT or (watrning, too much hate incoming) make Fervor something like and orb effect so he has to get Vlad's and can't get Skadi which he shouldn't be able to get, it's a cheater item on him IMO.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 8, 2015 5:04pm | Report
Dear god don't take his bash off him, sure he then has to buy one - but can you imagine 25% bash chance instead of 10% with his attack speed?

Personally, I'd say start with a nerf to his agility gain (won't really effect AS much, but reduces damage output) and a big fat one to that Ult. I've always thought it was OP since he was introduced, as it's not just his damage output, but the whole team. I know they've already tripled the CD, but increase it again, it's a pretty big ult, you shouldn't just be able to throw it down whenever you feel like it.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » April 8, 2015 5:16pm | Report
Two things I want to see changed:

-Give Battle Trance an ACTUAL cooldown; in it's current state, troll's ulti is pretty much a free Mask of Madness attack speed buff without any risk. Make it something like 60 or 90 seconds.
-Make Battle Trance purgeable, that way if troll does pop his ulti, you can actually do something about it before being perma-bashed.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 8, 2015 5:38pm | Report
There's nothing overpowered about Battle Trance. IMO it's actually the weakest part about the hero! Nobody picks troll for his ultimate. Most competitive games actually, Troll is the only right-click carry in the team! Troll is a good pick even if nobody else than himself makes use of the attack speed.

The overpowered part about Troll is his two passives. They allow him to have permanent max attack speed and max movement speed, and they come online extremely early with only a few value points.

I've even seen Trolls in competitive max their two passives and leave only one value point in W.

Actually the "nerf Troll ult" part was a loong time ago, and when it actually got nerfed Troll dropped down to garbage tier and never got picked. Then Icefraud gave some absurd buffs to his passives to make him a better right-click carry in compensation. Now we see that he has gone too far by doing that :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 8, 2015 11:39pm | Report
Make fervor purgable and it stays purged untill purge wears off?

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 8, 2015 11:44pm | Report

Make fervor purgable and it stays purged untill purge wears off?

As if Euls wasn't broken enough already. Kappa.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved