Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Combos

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Combos 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fleshbits » August 15, 2013 10:16am | Report
I've now got a couple buddies that often queue with me in pubs. I got myself a headset and am hoping they will too. So, I am thinking, given their favorite heroes, what are some combos I can create in the lane?

Would these work? I tried to order them in what I think will be there poower.

For Urza:
Looking for long duration stun for Urza to get in there and use his overpower

)Io - If I understand correctly, you use tether and relocate to take advantage of vulnerable enemy heroes
)Bane - Nightmare, 4 seconds at level 1 for Urza to get in there
) Skeleton King - Hellfire blast stund for 2 seconds for Urza to get in and slows for 4. Also Vampiric Aura syngerizes well
) Treeant Protector - Nature's Guise and Overgrowth for sneak attack and 3 second escape prevention

For Pudge:

?

Fleshbits

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 15, 2013 10:31am | Report
Shadow Shaman + Ursa is quite a nice combo - few levels in Shackles while Ursa gets the slaps out. He does work nicely with Io too.

Pudge is usually mid so doesn't usually get a lane partner, but there are heroes he works well with:

Chen - fountain hook!

Dark Seer - add Ion Shell and Surge to Pudge

Omniknight - Meat Hook + Purify = Ouch.

There are plenty of others, generally anyone with a good slow or stun makes easy targets for hooks - e.g. Rubick
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 15, 2013 11:16am | Report
skeleton king+ Ursa won't work since they both are farm dependent, but what sando and you listed would work.
As if for Pudge he just needs some1 who helps him line up his hook. Shadow Shaman, Bane or Lion would do the job I guess

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » August 15, 2013 11:18am | Report

skeleton king+ Ursa won't work since they both are farm dependent, but what sando and you listed would work.
As if for Pudge he just needs some1 who helps him line up his hook. Shadow Shaman, Bane or Lion would do the job I guess

Actually it would work, but Ursa need to go to jungle then and gank when laners spells are out of cooldown, but yes, they can't be both on same lane.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 15, 2013 11:23am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

Actually it would work, but Ursa need to go to jungle then and gank when laners spells are out of cooldown, but yes, they can't be both on same lane.

I need to think outside the box, lol. I tough they would either lane with them or have sk solo, but you are 100% right he would be jungle and sk in the jungle :p
For that matter sven or ck would work as well

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by marxelus » August 16, 2013 12:23am | Report
For a nice stun and an hex Lion + Ursa could be a good laning pair

marxelus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » August 16, 2013 8:00am | Report
Vengeful Spirit is fantastic with Ursa, Hell even Tiny is pretty Hilarious with Toss

Also Storm Spirit mid can help, chaining slows and gripping targets closer and disabling, allowing Ursa to wreck face.

You could also get multiple force staffs and get pretty silly, or just be an *** and combo him with dark seer, Surge, Ion Shell, and Vacuum all work well with ursa
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » August 16, 2013 8:06am | Report
Enigma, Invoker, Magnus, Abaddon, Crystal Maiden, Outworld Devourer, Templar Assassin...its not a short list of heroes that could work well with Ursa, laning partner, or otherwise..lots of potential.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » August 16, 2013 12:45pm | Report
Dark Seer + Jakiro + Faceless Void

Either DS or FV can initiate first

DS will Vacuum players into one spot and the followed up by an Ice Path from Jakiro or Chronosphere from FV and then an ulti from THD

This combo can work this way too, FV initiates with chrono then followed up by vacuum and then followed up my jakiro's ulti. Before Chrono ends, Jakiro chain stuns with Ice Path and both ways will destroy teams.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 16, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

Dark Seer + Jakiro + Faceless Void

Either DS or FV can initiate first

DS will Vacuum players into one spot and the followed up by an Ice Path from Jakiro or Chronosphere from FV and then an ulti from THD

This combo can work this way too, FV initiates with chrono then followed up by vacuum and then followed up my jakiro's ulti. Before Chrono ends, Jakiro chain stuns with Ice Path and both ways will destroy teams.

Sorry, but he was asking for ursa and pudge combos xD
I do very much like the combo you listed

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved