Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Carry Lone Druid & Support Spirit Bear

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Carry Lone Druid & Support Spirit Bear 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » October 9, 2014 4:10pm | Report
I have always played Lone Druid as a carry instead of getting items on the bear. I found it more viable since Druid benefits from stats, has better attack speed and damage. However then I though what if you play Spirit Bear as a support? After the patch it has 300 mana, so you don't need a Soul Ring anymore. This is the idea:
Lone Druid items: Hand of Midas, Phase Boots/ Boots of Travel, Abyssal Blade, Assault Cuirass, Desolator/ Battle Fury, Black King Bar.
Spirit Bear items: Phase Boots, Vladmir's Offering, Mekansm/ Pipe of Insight, Assault Cuirass (choose who carries it), Crimson Guard, possibly a second Hand of Midas.
That way you can solo push and even fight 1v2/3 without worries. Also you don't have to sweat with all your items being gone when the bear gets killed.

Post your thoughts.

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 9, 2014 4:23pm | Report
If you do that your bear is not very useful.

Carry druid *does* work but you need to play the bear as a disabler. Example : Mask of Madness + Orb of Venom + Skull Basher as only items on the bear works because the bear is a very strong disabler allowing the druid to right click. But if you just stack utility items on the bear then what is the use of the bear?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » October 9, 2014 6:35pm | Report
Bear has imba movespeed, a built-in bash, and rapes towers. Druid has a passive that makes him slow and tanky. Not sure why you would want them in roles that don't fit their abilities.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wonderbawlz » October 10, 2014 12:48am | Report
I mean when you play Sylla bear the 'normal way' You kinda are the support and the ebar does all your damage.

I usually always pick up hood/pipe vlads, sutff that hepls th ebear surivive.

Wonderbawlz

Steam: ^KSY!
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wonderbawlz » October 10, 2014 12:48am | Report
I mean when you play Sylla bear the 'normal way' You kinda are the support and the ebar does all your damage.

I usually always pick up hood/pipe vlads, sutff that hepls th ebear surivive.

Wonderbawlz

Steam: ^KSY!
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 10, 2014 2:26am | Report
I digress.

As mentioned above, the bear has an innate disable and pushing abilities. If you build utility items in the bear, it is a waste. Looking at the druid, most of his abilities are to buff him and the bear, so support builds are better on the bear. The bear had no carry capabilities whatsoever. This is like building a carry Dazzle and support Troll Warlord (may worked, but not using full potential).

And remember that the bear doesnt gain from stats, and his mana pool is always the same, except if he gets a mana booster. Getting mek probably gonna burden you for the huge mana cost, better build a carry item, huh?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » October 10, 2014 2:27am | Report
Yeah, that's the common way to play Druid, but most of the time it kind of fades off late game. Bear has entangle, so that you can deal damage, while they are stunned, somewhat like supports with CC abilities. I need to play Druid this way and check out how it goes.

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 10, 2014 2:49am | Report
Yeah, the premise is actually legit, the druid scales actually way better than the bear as a hard carry in the late game, because the druid benefits from stats and the bear doesn't. Druid IS an agility hero with insane stat gain, 1000 bonus HP and 1.5 base attack time after all. And besides any item that makes the druid more tanky like Butterfly/ Satanic/whatever makes the druid/bear duo way stronger.

So for me the druid can be anywhere from a hard support (medallion/vlads/mek/pipe...) to a hard carry (butterfly, crit, manta, abyssal, BKB, satanic...), BUT the bear has essentially one role in every game which is a disabler.

You need attack speed and basher on the bear to disable effectively, otherwise your slow melee druid can just get kited endlessly. Bear is faster but druid hits way harder, it's really your choice which one is the carry but you need to proc that Entangling Claws a lot, it's really the hero's best skill.

So Mask of Madness + Orb of Venom + Skull Basher on bear and hard carry druid is legit but support bear doesn't work because he's supposed to be right-clicking and disabling.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 13, 2014 5:56pm | Report
Seems ok but the main reason that the bear is played as carry is because it is very tanky early on and can be used for pushing, chasing, last-hitting, and pulling camps. It scales into the late game pretty great with the right items. Also, the bear can be re-spawned and brought back to you when it is low-health, so you basically get a free hard carry that never dies. Sylla is given support items to keep the bear alive from a distance, using True Form, when offense is nessasary or needed. He sits back and keeps the bear and himself alive and fighting. Not building the bear is really just a waste. If you build support bear then when the bear dies who's gonna heal or help you? The bear is expendable.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved