Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Axe's Role

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Axe's Role 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » November 5, 2013 12:04am | Report
There's no reason to play him any different than he was pre-patch, the only change this really makes is allowing a bit more carry potential with more mana. Either way, Axe loses most all damage and becomes more of a utility with Blademail for damage in the extended late game.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » November 8, 2013 7:25am | Report
Loda played Axe yesterday. Pretty sure they lost but it was a good exciting game. 10 kills in the first 5 minutes, he trailed off substantially towards the end against a farmed weaver.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 8, 2013 3:15pm | Report
manic_e wrote:

Loda played Axe yesterday. Pretty sure they lost but it was a good exciting game. 10 kills in the first 5 minutes, he trailed off substantially towards the end against a farmed weaver.

Their agressive trilane failed pretty hard. But since alliance is so good at comebacks they hang in there, but eventually their gimmicky draft just could win.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » November 8, 2013 4:32pm | Report
See failed hard is a bit of an overstatement for me. I mean they came out ahead on kills from it. It's just they didn't get nearly enough kills and gave up kills to the hero they were supposed to be shutting down. So yeah they didn't achieve their goals but they at least broke even on kills coming out of the laning stage it wasn't a gg just based on that trilane.

Still axe games are fun to watch I hope you agree.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 9, 2013 10:11am | Report
Support Axe? No, not in the safe lane at least (talking about both dual and trilanes): he desperately needs all his levels so that he's not a squishy harasser. About his role, he can be a dedicated initiator like Magnus, Puck etc. if you go mid and rush a Blink Dagger, but playing him in a semi-supportive style with Arcane Boots and Mekansm is good provided you don't get behind in levels. The only difference between pre-patch and post-patch Axe is, in fact, his jungling style: now that you don't have a small camp anymore and Tranquil Boots got changed I don't know if it's still viable (I used a Ring of Health to get regen instead of Tranquils and it always worked for me, though).

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » November 9, 2013 10:30am | Report

Support Axe? No, not in the safe lane at least (talking about both dual and trilanes): he desperately needs all his levels so that he's not a squishy harasser. About his role, he can be a dedicated initiator like Magnus, Puck etc. if you go mid and rush a Blink Dagger, but playing him in a semi-supportive style with Arcane Boots and Mekansm is good provided you don't get behind in levels. The only difference between pre-patch and post-patch Axe is, in fact, his jungling style: now that you don't have a small camp anymore and Tranquil Boots got changed I don't know if it's still viable (I used a Ring of Health to get regen instead of Tranquils and it always worked for me, though).

Tranquil boots work fine still, used it the other day. In fact I think I like it better. Didn't realize you couldn't disassemble the Tranqs anymore though, it didn't really matter in that match, but I'm sure it can have an effect if you wanted to work towards Arcanes afterwards.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 9, 2013 4:42pm | Report
manic_e wrote:

See failed hard is a bit of an overstatement for me. I mean they came out ahead on kills from it. It's just they didn't get nearly enough kills and gave up kills to the hero they were supposed to be shutting down. So yeah they didn't achieve their goals but they at least broke even on kills coming out of the laning stage it wasn't a gg just based on that trilane.

Still axe games are fun to watch I hope you agree.

You are right they didnt fail hard becouse they came out pretty even,they just couldnt afford those early deaths. There was very little chance alliance could win this coming even out of the laning fase. Their draft just was too goofy for that.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 10, 2013 12:45am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Tranquil boots work fine still, used it the other day. In fact I think I like it better. Didn't realize you couldn't disassemble the Tranqs anymore though, it didn't really matter in that match, but I'm sure it can have an effect if you wanted to work towards Arcanes afterwards.

How are Tranquil Boots still good since to jungle Axe you have to get attacked, so the regen and most MS go away.They are absolutely dreadful, and only good for supports that really need the MS to get close to a target in a gank( Crystal Maiden).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved