Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ancient Jungler Necro

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ancient Jungler Necro 16 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Is it worth it?
Yay
Nay
Solo Queue Only
Do it unless/until it becomes popular
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » June 16, 2015 4:49pm | Report
oh cmmon linkens rush on wraith king is amazing :D

edit: Also, yes. Put a ward, ggwp jungle necro.

I tried it once, it was okay.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 16, 2015 5:55pm | Report
Oh this is being revisited.

I've done this a couple times, but never just camped there, usually it's as a support Necro looking for extra farm.

Also, one time, I was offlane Necro (don't ask), and I played him like a Tidehunter, stacking when the lane got bad.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » June 16, 2015 7:33pm | Report
I actually did that offlane thing too (best draft)
and it kinda works like a Beastmaster.
You can stack with a Quelling Blade without being away to long and you actually get some bonus stuff.
So I dare say it is definetly an option.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 16, 2015 8:18pm | Report
Ummm...guys, of course junglers can be shut down by warding their jungle or ganking them, it's not more the case with ancient jungling than with standard jungling.

But just to be clear : any kind of roaming on you that doesn't result in a kill is a complete waste of time from the enemy team and is actually a favorable trade for you.

Because even if they manage to delay your jungling by 1 or 2 minutes by being annoying and sapping XP (you still get the last hits so you still get way more than them out of this), or placing a ward (you see them coming from miles away with your own ward, so just buy a sentry and deward it)...essentially the enemy team is devoting a hero full-time just to annoy you and delay you a bit while this hero is getting literally nothing.

To actually kill Necro, it would require a coordinated smoke gank from 2 heroes on your ancient camp. And even then there's no support duo that can reliably kill a Necro with boots on its own at level 1.

So no, I disagree that it's easy to shut down, it's very impractical to counter because the only way to shut it down is to set up a coordinated smoke gank on the camp with 2-3 heroes, and even then the gank can fail and be a huge waste of time and lots of space created for your other lanes.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » June 16, 2015 9:49pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Ummm...guys, of course junglers can be shut down by warding their jungle or ganking them, it's not more the case with ancient jungling than with standard jungling.

But just to be clear : any kind of roaming on you that doesn't result in a kill is a complete waste of time from the enemy team and is actually a favorable trade for you.

Because even if they manage to delay your jungling by 1 or 2 minutes by being annoying and sapping XP (you still get the last hits so you still get way more than them out of this), or placing a ward (you see them coming from miles away with your own ward, so just buy a sentry and deward it)...essentially the enemy team is devoting a hero full-time just to annoy you and delay you a bit while this hero is getting literally nothing.

To actually kill Necro, it would require a coordinated smoke gank from 2 heroes on your ancient camp. And even then there's no support duo that can reliably kill a Necro with boots on its own at level 1.

So no, I disagree that it's easy to shut down, it's very impractical to counter because the only way to shut it down is to set up a coordinated smoke gank on the camp with 2-3 heroes, and even then the gank can fail and be a huge waste of time and lots of space created for your other lanes.

Yeeah, see the interactions between Bounty Hunter and Chen is kinda proof that you can make roaming worthwhile without getting a kill, so long as you are suitably crippling or impacting the opponents item and level progressions relative to your own teams. Like, I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing against this; Bounty can contest this easily. He will sap EXP, which is fine because I'd rather have a levl 6 Bounty Hunter than a level 6 Necro at a fairly early point. He can steal last hits with Jinada which is even worse, and he can be in a position to be threatening to the enemy mid-laner, he can even just be ****ish and continually body block the camp from spawning. Essentially he will delay your timings till the pick-ups become less impactful.

Like, devoting a support to shuting down this 'semi-core' Necro is worth it, because the support is a support, and the Necro is a core. And crippling a cores level and item transition is well worth your support having a somewhat acceptable level progression instead.

Hell, if the strat becomes 'viable' enough, you'll just see the situation where a support gets an early TP scroll and some sentries, and TP's to block the camp before your ward is up.

Again I shan't deny the strat can probably works in pubs where co-ordination is low, but in any form of organised play this will stop working very quickly. And then you are just left with a regular laning Necrophos whose had a delayed start.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » June 16, 2015 11:04pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I think it's way too gimmicky. Mostly because all it takes is someone context you and you are suddenly in a horrible position. Like, an enemy support can just sit near you and sap EXP, and suddenly you are in a horrible position.

You can't contest an enemy support rotation at level 1, because you'll only have a point in Heartstopper, and no items to help you survive other than your boots, (And yes, it is worth the time of supports to shut your arse down, because a Necrophos without items or EXP is just awful. Like sure, he still has ulti, but it's still so meh)

Sure, this can probably be viable in pubs as a niche strat like other gimmicky ancient farming strats. But it can't work in an organised setting, because it sounds so greedy that it's incredibly easy to shut down.

So if I get your right, you run like a 2 position equivalent Necro, giving a lane to a support initially, and then take the lane again once you have Blink Dagger?

yeah supports are not affected by heartstopper aura too

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved