Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Way to Bring Back the Terror?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » A Way to Bring Back the Terror? 17 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Is this a way to make Terrorblade feasible?
Yes
No
Not sure
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 8, 2015 3:38am | Report
Terrorblade got a reflection buff, he is back! Not really actually, he's actually quite out of the game.

Our loveable buddy Safecyn had a blog about the hero, that Terrorblade was basically useless as of this patch and meta, since so much magic damage is present in this patch.

However, even if there's not a way to make him a top pick, I want to think if there's a way to make him a feasible pick in a draft, so I looked at the patch notes and found something that might work.

Morphling's new Aghanim's upgrade, Hybrid. 20 seconds of Reflection, Metamorphosis, and Conjuring Images, and whenever it's down, it can still make use of a tanky terrorblade illusion in the form of Replicate.
Centaur Warrunner 's Aghanim's, which reduces all incoming damage by 60%, and this affects illusions too, and seems like it may be the best way to protect Terrorblade illusions at the key point in a fight. Have him get a Pipe of Insight too, and the illusions might actually be kind of safe from the might of enemy spells.

And on that blog post, the discussion was of the viability of Octarine Core on Terrorblade, as it adds hp, solves mana issues, and allows the production of a third conjured image and a 50% downtime on Meta from a 62%. Might be good. Dunno.

The draft would run those three as cores, and the other two guys need their aghs, and Morph would likely be in a ganker like role. Since Hybrids carry Morph auras, he can feasibly even get a Radiance and go stungun build, but maybe that's for another time.

Support Choices might include other heroes who can help make illusions, Dazzle can grant them Weave and guarantee a Sunder with Shallow Grave. Shadow Demon can protect Terrorblade at critical moments with Disruption, and having Break late game can give an edge. (Dazzle SD is also a strong combo with the waves). Strong CC like Elder Titan, Tidehunter, Lion, or even a VS could be good too.

For heroes to ban, anyone who can instantly dispose of illusions, heroes like Pugna and Lion come to mind. AA too, since he handles all three of the cores pretty well, and Leshrac, because AOE damage is still a *****.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 8, 2015 4:41am | Report
You can already pick him without relying on an entire team around him. Cent + TB or Morph + TB is of course extremely strong, but often you can look at an enemy lineup and think, 'hmm. They have a lot of physical damage, but not many nukes and their AoE is mediocre'. Then you can grab a TB, pair him with one or two synergistic Heroes, and probably have a field day.

However, the meta is nukes and AoE damage so good luck with that.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 8, 2015 5:51am | Report
*COUGH COUGH* says the guy that doesnt lvl Tb's ult till 8*COUGH COUGH*

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 8, 2015 6:18am | Report
These are just ideas on how to draft a hero that still has potential on this patch, despite how the deck seems stacked against him, and kind of doubles as another one of my draft proposals, like Terrorblade can be strong, but his weaknesses seem extremely severe, so if you had a team that could cover you, maybe he could rock the enemies like a Hurricane.

Also, I see that Smuggles is trying to fire shots and all, but skipping first Sunder might be worth it, it's not that great against all that burst damage and its just better to avoid situations where you would need it anyway. Sunder only rocks when you combine it with Shallow Grave.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » June 8, 2015 6:54am | Report
Give him the Meepo buff and up his base magic resistance to 35%. Done and done.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 8, 2015 11:12am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

*COUGH COUGH* says the guy that doesnt lvl Tb's ult till 23*COUGH COUGH*

I fixed that for you :)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 8, 2015 3:07pm | Report
No amount of buff will ever bring this worst trash hero from the dumpster, Terrorblade pick = lose.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » June 8, 2015 3:14pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

No amount of buff will ever bring this worst trash hero from the dumpster, Terrorblade pick = lose.

Wat

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 8, 2015 3:37pm | Report
Well, this is a theorycraft thread, so its not about how to buff him, but how to draft him in this patch.

Oh Dimonychan has a massive disdain for Terrorblade.

Suddenly, 6.85 patch, with only one patchnote:

Terrorblade:
Picking Terrorblade now instantly wins the match and you get a Faceless Rex courier too.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Juiced » June 8, 2015 4:30pm | Report
The problem with Terrorblade is his lack of early game potential, along with his squishiness. Heroes like lion can destroy his illusions using mana drain, and then he stuns and fingers and Terror doesnt get a chance to sunder. I would like to see something like Metamorphosis giving bonus health or armor, because although that is one of the best skills in game, it would make up for the ****py spells he is stuck with otherwise. Just my view.

Juiced

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved