Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

5 Carries Team?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 5 Carries Team? 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 24, 2014 6:19pm | Report
Thank you for everybody that commented here, I decided to abandon this idea for meta game. However, I really want to try and get this idea for pub, like R-Conqueror said. It's just a for fun strat and I know that it is gonna be challenging, it's worth a game to be played guys!

What do you guys think about this draft? I think I will abandon the idea of the roles that I posted initially and go with another strategy.

I will put Dragon Knight as mid lane hero, Magnus as easy lane hero, Nature's Prophet as jungler, while Bounty Hunter and Queen of Pain in the hard lane. Bounty Hunter and Queen of Pain will rotate ganks/roams with the help of Teleportation after they have enough exp and item, providing the three lanes for the strong solo line carries. This way, the farm can be maxed while having the full advantages of ganks. Having Bounty Hunter as ganker/roamer will also provide additional jackpot upon killing because of Track, and the kill can be easily secured by Teleportation

As a team fighter, we have Magnus as strong initiator and counter initiator alongside with Queen of Pain that can quickly dish out AOE damage. Not to mention Dragon Knight starting level 11 with that crazy splash and Breathe Fire damage.

This strat will be able to use as well as counter all main gameplay, the team fighter, split pusher and ganker. This team will also have 2 dependable disable Dragon Tail and Reverse Polarity, one semi disable Sprout, one slow Shadow Strike and one mini stun Shuriken Toss

I don't know if it will really work, but it looks good on paper. What do you guys think? This strategy can also be applied in normal strat (2 solo lane, 1 jungler/roamer and 2 rotating ganker/roamer that can profit and survive in solo hard lane)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 28, 2014 3:03pm | Report
The big problem about picking too many carries isn't the fact that you will lose your lanes. For example a Naga Siren + Ursa lane or a Chaos Knight + Juggernaut lane rapes everything, I have played those kind of lanes a lot and it has always worked extremely well. The two can share last hits for example, and everything is fine.
No, the big problem about having 5 carries is the fact that the resources of the map are extremely limited, and all your carries will compete with each other endlessly to find farm. Suppose that you have an Anti-Mage in your team. Just this guy alone will sap the farm from your whole jungle and the three lanes at the same time, leaving absolutely nothing for the rest of your team. A Meepo is even worse : he will farm the 3 lanes and the whole jungle on the respawn timer, leaving absolutely nothing for the rest of the team. Essentially ANY farming carry is completely impossible to play if you want to pick 5 carries. Forget lycanthrope, Faceless Void, Medusa or Lone Druid completely, these heroes are all about flash-farming and they will have an awful time.
You can't have Anti-Mage, Medusa and Gyrocopter in the same team, because that makes 3 flash-farmers and the farm will be extremely limited.
So farming carries are completely out of the picture, or limited to 1 maximum. However there is no limit in term of snowballing carries. If you want to play Clinkz, Legion Commander and Bounty Hunter in the same team, then they will get along really well. Bounty is actually a great pick if your team has a lot of carries.
A lineup of 4 snowballing carries and 1 farming carry, like Anti-Mage, Bounty Hunter, Chaos Knight, Ember Spirit and Juggernaut could actually be viable (5-melee? who cares ^^). For example you can do a trilane AM/CK/Jugg with AM getting the last hits, ember mid, and bounty solo offlane. And transition into roaming for CK, Jugg and Bounty pretty quickly.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » April 28, 2014 4:15pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

The big problem about picking too many carries isn't the fact that you will lose your lanes. For example a Naga Siren + Ursa lane or a Chaos Knight + Juggernaut lane rapes everything, I have played those kind of lanes a lot and it has always worked extremely well. The two can share last hits for example, and everything is fine.
No, the big problem about having 5 carries is the fact that the resources of the map are extremely limited, and all your carries will compete with each other endlessly to find farm. Suppose that you have an Anti-Mage in your team. Just this guy alone will sap the farm from your whole jungle and the three lanes at the same time, leaving absolutely nothing for the rest of your team. A Meepo is even worse : he will farm the 3 lanes and the whole jungle on the respawn timer, leaving absolutely nothing for the rest of the team. Essentially ANY farming carry is completely impossible to play if you want to pick 5 carries. Forget lycanthrope, Faceless Void, Medusa or Lone Druid completely, these heroes are all about flash-farming and they will have an awful time.
You can't have Anti-Mage, Medusa and Gyrocopter in the same team, because that makes 3 flash-farmers and the farm will be extremely limited.
So farming carries are completely out of the picture, or limited to 1 maximum. However there is no limit in term of snowballing carries. If you want to play Clinkz, Legion Commander and Bounty Hunter in the same team, then they will get along really well. Bounty is actually a great pick if your team has a lot of carries.
A lineup of 4 snowballing carries and 1 farming carry, like Anti-Mage, Bounty Hunter, Chaos Knight, Ember Spirit and Juggernaut could actually be viable (5-melee? who cares ^^). For example you can do a trilane AM/CK/Jugg with AM getting the last hits, ember mid, and bounty solo offlane. And transition into roaming for CK, Jugg and Bounty pretty quickly.

2 Melee heroes rape a lane at all tbh. Just get an orbwalker, any orbwalker and you can literally push them backwards back harassing them. Also, sharing the gold isn't a good idea. Assuming all go wells, you'll have a team of 2 carries that doesn't have enought farm. A fed enemy carry can kill these two simple enough.

When you say this, I would assume you are playing in pub matches. Furthermore, Bounty Hunter and Clinkz on the same team? If the support get wards and dust, you're screwed immediately. And 5 carries is bad enough, but 5 melee carries? You're asking for a death wish, buddy. Get Axe and orbwalkers, your carries are all gonna get themselves killed.

Furthermore, you said that AM / CK / Jugg can lane together, but how does this work? None of them could deliver harrassment at all and both AM and Jugg needs loads of farm to be effective. While CK can roam, (albeit a tad sucky, but hey, he have uber stuns and his Reality Rift), I don't see Jugg effective as a roamer since:

1. You have no effective stun, except for CK's stun.
2. Jugg's nuke relies on him to be next to the target. If he doesn't get Phase Boots fast enough, people can easily run away.

Tbh, I don't even think this will even work as a lane of 1 carry and 1 support and 1 hard support can easily outlane and first blood you.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 28, 2014 5:23pm | Report
Thank you for your comments. However, it seems that you haven't read my comments about how I know this draft wouldn't work and if the other draft might work. If you could be so kindly as to read my last comment, it would be great.

Thank you again for your suggestions and comments, can you please read my last comment and rate the drafting and strategy?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » April 28, 2014 8:36pm | Report
Ah, i was talking to Hamster on my previous comment.

Your draft was pretty standard. Except I don't get having three roamers. Personally, i would replace Queen of Pain or Bounty Hunter since having 2 is a little of an overkill, let alone 3.

While Queen of Pain and Bounty Hunter have been listed as carries, they are more of semi-carries and will definetly lose against a real carry like Anti-Mage or Spectre.

Oh, you must also take into account that Nature Prophet's farm in the jungle have a possibility of being disrupted.

Overally, it seems good except the Bounty Hunter and Queen of Pain part. I would remove one and pick a real carry that doesn't require as much farm to be effective like Viper or something.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 28, 2014 10:20pm | Report
Lol, I just realized it myself, sorry!

Yeah, my basic idea was to maximize the effectivity of farming by rotating these 2 roaming heroes so that both of them can get solo lane while giving help in team by ganking / roaming. This is because mostly, ganker and roamer will have lower exp and gold due to them not staying in lane. Having two heroes rotating the roam will give each of them enough (probably even more than average) farm in the solo lane. This is also the reason why I picked two (semi) carries that can farm solo lane effectively, while also having great capability to roam.

However, I didn't realize that I don't actually have a real carry (oh the irony in 5 carries team). So, I'm thinking about changing Queen of Pain with a carry that can dish out efficient AOE damage in team fight and changes the lane of Magnus to off lane. This way, the hard carry will get solo easy lane. What hard carry do you suggest? I'm thinking about Gyrocopter or Tiny because the team presence is so huge, and Gyrocopter can harass quite well in easy lane with Flak Cannon and Tiny with Toss, or Spectre because Haunt can help gank globally and giving descent damage in team fight while giving him capability to farm freely. Bounty Hunter can now also farm more effectively by having Empower and also early game nuking with Shuriken Toss and Shockwave combo. Ouch.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 29, 2014 2:08am | Report
Yasutsuna wrote:

2 Melee heroes rape a lane at all tbh. Just get an orbwalker, any orbwalker and you can literally push them backwards back harassing them.

Laning malee heroes together is not a problem *as long as* you have a combo that can stunlock and kill any hero that comes near. That's why Ember Spirit is one of the best mid heroes in the game despite being a melee hero with garbage armor : sure, you can harass him, but if you do he will simply walk up to you and kill you. Harassing in trilanes isn't as important as simply bursting down/chainstunning single heroes.

Yasutsuna wrote:

Also, sharing the gold isn't a good idea. Assuming all go wells, you'll have a team of 2 carries that doesn't have enought farm. A fed enemy carry can kill these two simple enough.

Well of course lack of farm can be a problem (that's the whole point lol), but CK can fight with only treads-drum, and Jugg with only phase-drum, so they can be built as mid-game caries pretty well. Building mid-game items like drum/aquila/vlads/medallion/whatever on these guys doesn't require more farm than building a mek on a support hero. Same for Bounty and Ember. The whole idea is to *avoid* farming builds like battlefury jugg and have only 1 or maximum 2 farmers in the team. Instead you farm by roaming for Track gold.

Yasutsuna wrote:

When you say this, I would assume you are playing in pub matches. Furthermore, Bounty Hunter and Clinkz on the same team? If the support get wards and dust, you're screwed immediately.

*obviously* the enemy team will get wards and dust. Even with only one invis hero in your team, the enemy team will get detection, except if you are playing at 1k MMR...
But...how is that a problem? Invisibility was never supposed to be an escape mechanism in the first place. Invis is for ganking lone targets, and to prevent the entire enemy team from farming. And any kind of invis detection you can get can't do anything about that.
Besides, Clinkz doesn't care about sentry wards, because he initiates from range and often from the back of the enemy team. You can even go for the EternalEnvy blink build on Clinkz and with a blink/bkb, sentry wards aren't a problem at all.

Yasutsuna wrote:

And 5 carries is bad enough, but 5 melee carries? You're asking for a death wish, buddy. Get Axe and orbwalkers, your carries are all gonna get themselves killed.

The big problem about having 5 melee heroes is generally the lack of initiation and getting kited. But in the lineup I described you have esentially 5 initiators... Bounty can initiate with invis, AM with blink, ember with essentially anything he has, jugg with omnislash, and CK with rift...If you can tell me how you to kite a team like that I'd be happy to know.

Also...orbwalkers, really? Whenever i see a Clinkz/Drow/whatever in a dual lane vs dual lane situation spamming harass, what I do is simply focus him down with my lane partner and kill him. I've seen soo many Clinkz players taking Searing Arrows at level 1 and feeding first blood that I'm not counting anymore. Harassing is completely worthless if you have kill potential. Harassing is only useful if you plan to play passively and farm, but since you are planning to play aggressive from the very start it won't do anything.
Axe can be pretty annoying, there is no doubt about it. But it's only one hero, and he's mostly a solo laner. He's not really viable in trilanes or even in dual lanes at all because he steals all the farm...so a trilane with Axe doesn't seem like something to worry about ^^

Yasutsuna wrote:

Furthermore, you said that AM / CK / Jugg can lane together, but how does this work? None of them could deliver harrassment at all and both AM and Jugg needs loads of farm to be effective.

Well, that's because I don't care about harassment at all! What's the point of harassing if you can burst down any enemy hero from full HP? Trilanes are not about harassing the enemy heroes out of lane, trilanes are about killing them! That's why you lane 3 heroes together, to have a combo that can burst down/stunlock any enemy that comes near. Reality rift into CK stun into jugg spin can kill anyone that doesn't have an escape skill like Mirana, and even then you could keep the rift to pull them back for the kill (besides AM can chase pretty well too). Replace the AM with a Morphling for example (actually much better) and you have a strong lane which has a huge burst damage combo and chasing power.
(actually AM is pretty good at harassing when he gets his ring of health/stout shield because he can simply blink in and get a few manabreak hits)

Yasutsuna wrote:

While CK can roam, (albeit a tad sucky, but hey, he have uber stuns and his Reality Rift), I don't see Jugg effective as a roamer since:

1. You have no effective stun, except for CK's stun.
2. Jugg's nuke relies on him to be next to the target. If he doesn't get Phase Boots fast enough, people can easily run away.

Ember's 3 second ensnare from Sleight of Fist + Searing Chains combo? Bounty's 25% slow (with 12% additional from orb of venom) with Shadow Walk initiation? Track? He can roam both mid and offlane.

Yasutsuna wrote:

Tbh, I don't even think this will even work as a lane of 1 carry and 1 support and 1 hard support can easily outlane and first blood you.

Well I don't know if it can *win* the lane in a trilane vs trilane situation, but at least feeding is pretty unlikely because they are decent in term of escape mechanisms. They will feed way less than a "standard" aggressive lane like Venge/AA/Sven for example, where no hero has a single escape skill.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved