Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Suggestion]: Iron Guardian

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » [Suggestion]: Iron Guardian 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » August 18, 2012 11:55am | Report
There are two things I think you should add.

First, the damage reflect should also maybe affect spells.
I was wrong. Blade Mail damage affects spells already.

Secondly, the damage you take should be reduced or nullified, in contrast to the original blade mail in which you still take damage.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 18, 2012 2:52pm | Report
daPhongster wrote:

There are two things I think you should add.

First, the damage reflect should also maybe affect spells.

Secondly, the damage you take should be reduced or nullified, in contrast to the original blade mail in which you still take damage.

I understand what you mean, but I have one question. Would the damage nullification/reduction be part of the passive or active?

The damage reflect on spells is another good idea, but I need some clarification. Is it just the damage is also returned, or the status effect as well? Like if Sven uses Storm Hammer, would he get stunned as well?

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 18, 2012 7:12pm | Report
^ That would be too op. It would be a spiked carapace that is constantly on for 4.5 seconds. When I gave the suggestion, I though that blade mail already returned damage from spells too. Is that true or false?

Edit: And maybe instead of reducing the damage you take, you could increase the damage the attackers take. Since this is a late game item, maybe the damage returned is 120-150% of the damage you take? You already have 20 armor with this item further damage reduction seems kinda repetitive. Blademail returns ANY damage you take so that includes spells.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 18, 2012 10:18pm | Report
^ Ah, I see. Also, I think that over 100% is a lot, but thinking about it, it might make since. It'll be a decent anti-tank item, as well as a great anti-carry item. But IMO 100% damage return is quite a lot, espicially since this is late game, where most auto attacks already deal 150-200 damage.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 18, 2012 10:23pm | Report
I mean 100% or greater damage return after reductions. That means the spell will be reduced by magic resist and physical attacks will be reduced by armor. After that reduction, the damage is reflected back at 120-150%. The simple way to counter this is to just not attack the person, which is why i think this would be great on a carry.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 18, 2012 10:40pm | Report
I suppose, but 5800 is a but much, even for a carry. I'd buy a Daedalus or something with that kind of money. Although 120% damage return doesn't sound too bad. I guess it's up to the people to choose whether they want this to be a carry item or an initiator/tank item. I personally think this item would be GODLY on Axe.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 19, 2012 12:26am | Report
Im thinking that someone would buy this as an alternative to a heart or other tanking item. So strength carries would probably buy this or tanky agi carries like spectre.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 19, 2012 8:22am | Report
Still would be amazing in Axe. Anyways, I think this item is set, i can't really think of any other tweaks to it, except for maybe the active being taking less damage and returning more damage.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 19, 2012 8:46am | Report
The problem with getting this on axe is that his berzerkers call which makes ppl attack you gives you 30 armor, which is a ton. Although it seems like a good idea he isnt the best blademail carrier. After the spell duration ends, they stop focusing him.

Edit: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/versatility-with-axe-912 look at this guide and the reason for rejecting blademail.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 19, 2012 11:40am | Report
Ah, I see. I didn't think about that. But like I said, it's up to the players to decide which heroes will use Iron Guardian.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved