Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Suggestion]: Iron Guardian

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » [Suggestion]: Iron Guardian 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 12, 2012 4:32am | Report
Glayde wrote:

Well, this item was meant to "counter" Divine Rapier, or have a BKB-like effect. Plus BKB gives magic immunity, and it's not overpowered. (I think it is, but the duration shortens. Maybe I should add that?)

Also, this item gives you a bunch of armor (more than any other item) and damage immunity.

Just a side note, are you actually up at 4am? Or do you live in the UK or something.

I live in Europe, Romania. It's 14:32 here :D ^^

And actually, Divine Rapier is countered by any stun or disable. If the Divine Rapier carrier has a smart enemy team, he will lose it really easy. Once I had Divine Rapier by minute 23-24, I got plenty of kills with it, then the enemy dust just focused and ganked me with smoke and they got it. I got it back later, but a five man gank can beat anything.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 12, 2012 5:49am | Report
I suppose. But there's huge boosts to agility, strength, intelligence, and damage. So why not armor? That was basically my train of thought. Mainly damage VS armor though, with divine and this new item.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 17, 2012 6:31pm | Report
I think that instead of having 30 armor and a guardian angel-like active, you should make the armor less and add some other stats so it has more utility. 30 armor is already enough to discourage anyone from attacking you. Unless you want to completely take away the active, I suggest lowering the armor given and give it some other stat boosts. Maybe you should make it an upgrade to Blade Mail???? It is just hard to imagine it being used. Having it just means nobody is going to attack you unless the rest of your team is already dead. Sounds great for a very, very fed carry that already has most of their luxuries though.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 17, 2012 6:47pm | Report
Hmm, thats a pretty good idea Steven. What do you suppose I should add? Strength or maybe a small damage bonus? I was thinking maybe combining Blade Mail with a Sange and a recipe. So you get a maim, armor, immunity to damage for 2.5 seconds, a passive that is similar to Tiny's Craggy exterior. Ideas?

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 17, 2012 7:16pm | Report
Well what kind of hero do you think would be using this item. If its like blade mail and works for just about anyone, I think your idea could work. I like the idea of having a passive carry exterior but if you're going to do something like that, the stun should be less than a second and the damage returned should be a % of the attackers damage. Basically a permanent nerfed blade mail. What I'm suggesting sounds kinda op though. It would be hard to pick a % to reflect since its going to be on all the time.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe the permanent reflection should be 20-40% (a value in between that) and the active reflects >100%. Dont know if you still want to keep the ga active if you do that though.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 17, 2012 9:59pm | Report
That's interesting. So basically, it's a blade mail that when activated, it returns 100% of the damage back? I agree with this, thanks Steven. I'll update it ASAP.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 17, 2012 10:11pm | Report
np glad to help

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 17, 2012 10:21pm | Report
There. Updated it. Seems pretty good.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » August 17, 2012 10:26pm | Report
You should make the damage 45 (or you would loose damage. i also like multiples of 5 :D) and you forgot to take off the +30 armor from before

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 17, 2012 10:41pm | Report
Why 45? And thanks for the note, fixed.

Edit: made it 45. My math sucks. :(

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved