Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #4 Entries !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #4 Entries ! 93 posts - page 4 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » October 28, 2014 12:54am | Report
That "Thirst for justice" is kinda like Rengar's unique item from league.
Bonetooth Necklace

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 28, 2014 3:18am | Report
So here is the rework of Legion Commander, it's probably the most baffling Hero I've ever 'created'.

Primary Attribute: Strength
Strength: 23 + 2.5 per level
Agility: 21 + 1.9 per level
Intelligence: 20 + 2.2 per level

Q: Overwhelming Odds
Casting Method: Active
Targeting: Point Target
Affects: Enemy units
Damage Type: Magical
Pierces Spell Immunity: No
Turns the enemies numbers against them, dealing damage and granting you bonus movement speed per unit. Deals bonus damage to illusions and summoned units as a percent of their current health.
Radius: 330
Damage: 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 + 14 / 16 / 18 / 20 per unit + 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 per hero
Summoned Unit Bonus Damage: 25% of unit's current hp
Range: 1000
Movement Speed Bonus per unit: 9% per Hero + 3% per unit (lasts 7 seconds)
The archers of Stonehall are ready at Tresdin's command.
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown Time: 18

W: Reposition
Targeting: Unit Target
Affects: Allied units
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes
Legion Commander directs the flow of battle, creating flanking lines allies can use to attack. Flanking lines are invisible to enemies, and allies on them will gain increased attack and movement speed as well as phase.
Flanking lines are created by using the ability, then the sub-abilities to mark the lines on the ground somewhat akin to drawing in Paint. Legion Commander cannot take any other action while marking Flanking Lines, but takes 50% reduced damage.
Line Max Length: 800/900/1000/1100
Increased Movement Speed: 10%/16%/22%/28%
Increased Attack Speed: 15/20/25/30
Duration: 7
Cooldown: 30
Mana Cost: 100/120/140/160

E: Rapid Strike
Targeting: Unit Target
Affects: Enemy units
Damage Type: Physical
Legion Commander ripostes, striking the target unit. Riposte deals bonus damage if the target attacked Legion Commander in the past 3 seconds, and the damage becomes Pure if Legion Commander is on a Flanking Line.
Damage: 100/150/200/250
Bonus Damage: 40/50/60/70
Cooldown: 4
Mana Cost: 30/40/50/60

Ultimate: Grand Strategy
The armies of the Legion Commander tailor their combat to suit their foes. Legion Commander, allied Heroes and all units under their control gain increased damage for a short duration. In addition, when attacking a target, their attack type will adapt to their foe's weaknesses, and when being attacked their armour type will change to take less damage.
For example, when attacking a building, their attacks would become Siege type, and when being attacked by a Hero, their armour type would become fortified.
Bonus Damage: 40/70/100
Duration: 4/6/8
Cooldown: 150
Mana Cost: 175/250/325

So the idea of this rework was to remove the idea of LC as a duellist and focus on her as a commander. Thus, she is now a utility semicarry with a lot of effects that benefits allies. She thrives in teamfights and can increase the effectiveness of pushes greatly. While I think everyone was expecting me to do something with Duel or Moment of Courage, I kept Overwhelming Odds to suit the new concept better. I wouldn't be surprised if people found Grand Strategy and Repositioning bloody difficult to understand, so I'll explain it in practical terms.

When Repositioning is cast, a sub-ability appears that allows you to draw, somewhat like Paint, marks on the map. When the sub-ability is used again, or the maximum distance is reached, the Flanking Line is created.
Grand Strategy changes attack type for that attack only. All units in Dota have an attack table and an armour table, with attacks dealing normal, less, or greater damage based on the relationship between attack type and armour type. For example, ranged creeps have Piercing attacks, which deals more damage to Unarmoured (creeps) and less to Hero and Fortified. Hero attack type deals reduced damage to Fortified. Chaos deals 40% less to Fortified. It basically means you'll be doing at least normal, sometimes more, damage on hit and taking reduced damage from every hit.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 28, 2014 4:04am | Report
i will make a new skill but is it okay if i use the same name.

example:
Grave Chill
AoE slow around you

is it okay if i use the same name
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 28, 2014 5:24am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

i will make a new skill but is it okay if i use the same name.

example:
Grave Chill
AoE slow around you

is it okay if i use the same name

I thought I repeated this a couple times. Skill cannot be changed. AT ALL. Yes, you may use names that existing skills already have. The one skill you choose CANNOT BE CHANGED AT ALL.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 28, 2014 6:39am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

That "Thirst for justice" is kinda like Rengar's unique item from league.
Bonetooth Necklace

I loved kha'zix. he was my most played and highest winrate champ.Fun times, fun times indeed.

looked up Rengar, similar but it needs to be purchased.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » October 28, 2014 12:34pm | Report

Lina The Slayer

My rework on Lina revolves around the idea to focus more on her Fiery Soul ability, making her a 'real' carry instead of a semi-carry. To do that, I reworked some of her stats (reducing int but increasing agi to increase DPS, move speed change, etc.), as well as giving her an inbound skill called Flare Charge, this skill will give her a capability to become a 'burst carry' that quickly strikes down enemy with consecutive spells and attacks in a short amount of time. Albeit really strong, this version of Lina suffers from weaker early game (still pretty strong) because of VERY high MP cost compared to the damage, making a bad early damage to MP relationship. To put it simply, I intend to weaken Lina in early stage, but tremendously strengthening her in mid to late game, especially with the splash damage and survivability from Proud Soul

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Carry, Nuker, Pusher, Initiator

Str: 55.5 at 25 (18 + 1.5/level)
Agi: 71 at 25 (18+ 2.2/level)
Int: 86.5 at 25 (24 + 2.6/level)

Health: 1556 at 25
MP: 1123 at 25
Armor: 15 (4.9 base armor + 10.1) at 25
Movement: 310
Range: 690

Lore

The sibling rivalries between Lina the Slayer, and her younger sister Rylai, the Crystal Maiden, were the stuff of legend in the temperate region where they spent their quarrelsome childhoods together. Lina always had the advantage, however, for while Crystal was guileless and naive, Lina's fiery ardor was tempered by cleverness and conniving. The exasperated parents of these incompatible offspring went through half a dozen homesteads, losing one to fire, the next to ice, before they realized life would be simpler if the children were separated. As the oldest, Lina was sent far south to live with a patient aunt in the blazing Desert of Misrule, a climate that proved more than comfortable for the fiery Slayer. Her arrival made quite an impression on the somnolent locals, and more than one would-be suitor scorched his fingers or went away with singed eyebrows, his advances spurned. Lina is proud and confident, and nothing can dampen her flame.

Skills

[] Flare Charge: This skill is an innnate skill that creates a Flare Charge that will affect all of Lina's skill. Lina starts off with 3 charges, which would replenish individually every 15 seconds. This skill also permanently increases Lina's MP by 40 points every time an enemy hero is killed within 900 points range from her (not stealing it).

[Q] Instantaneous Combustion: Lina casts upon a quick combustion instantaneously in front of her, creating a line of blazing flames for 800 points range with 250 points width. This spell has no cast time and consumes one Flare Charge. Additionally, this spell also reduces enemies' magic resistance.

- 40 points base damage, 6% magic resistance reduction
- 80 points base damage, 8% magic resistance reduction
- 120 points base damage, 10% magic resistance reduction
- 160 points base damage, 12% magic resistance reduction

Type: No Target
Affects: All Units

MP cost: 140
Duration: 9 seconds (stacks with itself)
Bonus damage: 8% maximum MP as damage

Lina's glare might burn someone. Literally.

[W] Proud Soul: The proud and confident soul of Lina scorches through her power and vitality. This skill denies Lina's capability to die while in duration and changes her attack type to universal damage that gives a portion of splash damage within radius from her target, as well as giving her bonus damage. Consumes all remaining Flare Charge. If Lina kills a hero in this duration, one Flare Charge will be instantaneously charged. Lina cannot use this skill with Flare Charge gained that way (killing a hero under Proud Soul effect)

- 20 points bonus damage, 35% splash within 250 points radius
- 30 points bonus damage, 40% splash within 300 points radius
- 40 points bonus damage, 45% splash within 350 points radius
- 50 points bonus damage, 50% splash within 400 points radius

Type: Target Point
Affects: All units
MP cost: 160
Duration: 4 seconds

Dancing soul embodies Lina's prideful strength, bringing out her true power

[] Fiery Soul: Grants bonus attack and movement speed each time Lina casts a spell. Stacks with itself and lasts 9 seconds.

- 40 points attack speed bonus, 5% move speed bonus
- 55 points attack speed bonus, 6% move speed bonus
- 70 points attack speed bonus, 7% move speed bonus
- 85 points attack speed bonus, 8% move speed bonus

Type: Passive
Affects: Self
Duration: 9 seconds
Max Stacks: 3

Dancing flames embody Lina's playful nature, bringing out her true blazing self

[R] Misrule Heat: Sapping off any available heat around her, Lina recreates the extreme heat of Misrule Desert. Enemies' magic resistances are weakened gradually, while Lina's power grow. While this skill is active, the replenish speed of Flare Charge is quickened and the stack cap of Fiery Soul is increased. If an enemy hero steps outside the radius the reduction will pause.

- 6 seconds duration, 4 maximum Fiery Soul stacks
- 9 seconds duration, 5 maximum Fiery Soul stacks
- 12 seconds duration, 6 maximum Fiery Soul stacks

Type: No Target
Affects: Self, Enemy units

Reduction/second: 4% per second
Replenish speed: 6 seconds
Radius: 1200 points

MP cost: 225/300/375
Cool down: 60 seconds

Under the extreme heat of Misrule Desert, only Lina would be in her natural habitat

Scepter upgradable: Area becomes global and all units affected will not be able to activate any magic immunity (units which are in magic immunity still cannot be affected by the skill)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » October 28, 2014 1:29pm | Report
Now this was a time and a half! I think I've finally got a pretty strong entry though. This skill set should, in theory, allow Bounty to be a pretty decent late game carry, but shouldn't lock him down into that role. He's not as good in the off-lane, but could be a viable mid or offlane farmer with support. His new ultimate also gives him some pretty decent support potential, especially when combined with his new W. It also takes the place of Track as what causes the Shuriken to bounce: wanted to keep the skill exactly the same and all.

Changes to Base Hero:
Reworked from Melee to Ranged.
Attack Range: 550
Base Strength increased to 19
Strength Gain reduced to 1.5
Intelligence Gain increased to 1.6
HP at Level 1: 511 (increased from 473)
HP at Level 25: 1575 (decreased from 1670)
Mana at Level 25: 1006 (increased from 936)

Kept Ability:

[Q] Shuriken Toss

Ability: Unit Target Affects: Enemies Damage: Magical Pierces Spell Immunity: No

Hurls a deadly shuriken at an enemy unit, dealing damage and mini-stunning the target.

Cast Range: 650
Damage: 100/200/250/325
Cooldown: 10 Mana: 90/115/135/155

While the shuriken may be small, Gondar's precise aim can cause critical damage.

New Abilities:

[W] Kunai Rain

Ability: No Target Affects: Self Damage: Physical Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes

Splits Gondar's attack into multiple projectiles that deal reduced damage, but spread out and may hit multiple enemies within a cone-shaped AOE in front of him. If an enemy is struck by more than one projectile, it will take damage from all of them.

Range: 600
Duration: 3/4/5/6 seconds
Minimum Projectile Spread: 0 degrees at a 100 unit radius.
Maximum Projectile Spread: 15 degrees at a 600 unit radius
Outgoing Damage: 25%
Projectile Number: 3/4/5/6
Cooldown: 30/27/24/21 Mana: 50/70/90/110

Any good hunter is skilled with a knife. Gondar is skilled with many.

With a projectile spread of 15 degrees, the max AOE of the skill (at 600 range) is a scaling 45/60/75/90 degrees in front of Bounty Hunter.
A target must still be selected for the attack, as per normal.
Each projectile may trigger UAMs and other attack modifiers independently.
UAMS may not trigger multiple times on the same target

[E] Smoke Step

Ability: Point Target Affects: Self Damage: N/A Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes

Gondar disappears, teleporting a short distance and reappearing shrouded in smoke. The smoke provides Gondar with bonus evasion for its duration.

Range: 850/925/1000/1075

Bonus Evasion: 25%/35%/45%/55%

Smoke Duration: 5 seconds

Cooldown: 13/11/9/7 Mana: 60

Those pursued by the Hunter are known to become paranoid around fire.

Bonus evasion is not removed by Spell Immunity, but may be purged.

[R] Hunter's Mark

Ability: Auto-Cast Affects: Self Damage: N/A Pierce Spell Immunity: Yes.

Gondar imbues his knives with magic, slowing the movement speed and turn rate of all enemies hit by his attacks. In addition, enemy heroes are afflicted with a debuff that allows them to be hit by Shuriken Toss from a longer range. The shuriken will bounce to all targets affected by Hunter's Mark within that range.

Slow: 15%/30%/45% (25%/40%/55%)

Turn Rate Slow: 30%/40%/50% (40%/50%/60%)

Slow Duration: 2 seconds

Debuff Duration: 6/8/10 seconds

Bonus Shuriken Range: 250/500/750

Mana: 15

Once marked by the Hunter, the only escape is death.

Aghanim's Scepter: Increases slows by 10%. Shuriken Toss does pure damage to targets affected by Hunter's Mark, and pierces spell immunity.

Hunter's Mark increases the range and bounce radius of Shuriken Toss to 900/1150/1300

Multiple instances of the slow and debuff do not stack, but refresh the duration.

The debuff provides basic vision over affected targets for the duration.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 28, 2014 10:00pm | Report
Lanaya, the Templar Assassin

Lore: Keep it the same, it's great as it is.

20 + 2.2
21 + 2.5
20 + 2

Armor: 3.67
Affiliation: Radiant
Damage: 53-59
Attack Animation (frontswing/backswing): 0.3/0.5
Cast Animation (frontswing/backswing): 0.3/0.51
Base Health Regen: 0.25
BAT: 1.7
Range: 400
Movespeed: 315
Sight Range: 1800/800
Voice Actress: Laura Bailey (Because she's awesome and Linda K Morris does not bring a very special performance to this character the same way she does to Luna)

Refraction

Templar Assassin becomes highly elusive, avoiding damage and gaining a bonus to her damage. The damage and avoidance effects are separate, and have a limited number of instances.

Instances: 3/4/5/6
Bonus Damage: 20/40/60/80
Duration: 17
Cooldown: 17
Mana Cost: 100
Flavor Text: Manipulating her psionic veil, Lanaya bends nature's law to her will.

Eyes of the Temple

Templar Assassin places an invisible and immobile watcher to observe an area, with a 1200/400 vision. If the eyes catch sight of an intruder hero while Templar Assassin is within 900 units of the Watcher, she gains bonus movement speed. This skill uses charges instead of a cooldown. Watchers have 100 HP. 400 cast range.

Duration: 90/120/150/180
Movement Speed Bonus: 10/13/16/19%
Charges: 2/3/4/5
Recharge Time: 60
Mana Cost: 45
Flavor Text: The Hidden Temple's eyes are everywhere, locating enemies before they can discover the secrets.

Mind Cutter (Passive)

The Templar Assassin arms an incredibly deadly mental attack that lowers armor, depletes mana, and deals bonus physical damage. These attacks always have a ministun of 0.17 seconds. Does not work on buildings.

Bonus Damage: 40/60/80/100
Mana Lost: 35/70/105/140
Armor Lost: 2/3/4/5
Armor Loss Duration: 8
Cooldown: 20/16/12/8
Flavor Text: The templar arts manifest in the ability to attack the mind directly.

Psionic Lock (Ultimate)

Templar Assassin breaks the cognitive abilities of the enemy heroes in the target area, preventing them from seeing their minimap, pings, and allies, leaving only heroes with 100/100 vision. Any messages written or spoken to or from allies are muted during this time. Slows heroes by 20% during this time.

With Aghanim's Scepter: Psionic Lock becomes Global, and targets of it do not have enemies attacking them revealed to them. Slow increased from 20% to 50%.

Duration: 3/4/5
Area of Effect: 450/575/700
Cast Range: 500
Cooldown: 80/70/60
Mana Cost: 125/150/175
Flavor Text: The secrets of life can be more overwhelming than most can imagine.

The goal here was to keep Templar Assassin in her very iconic Ganker Semi Carry role with high utility, but change up her identity to be a bit more thematic and have some creative fun, running around like a racecar, immune to damage, confusing your opponents as they have no means to survive your onslaught.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 29, 2014 3:42am | Report
@Yzreel pls add cooldown to all spell

@Safecyn I dont think changing stats are allowed. Is it? I think its just spells
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » October 29, 2014 4:13am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

@Yzreel pls add cooldown to all spell

@Safecyn I dont think changing stats are allowed. Is it? I think its just spells

@Unscathed pls read properly.

It is allowed I think
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved