Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of creation #1 voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of creation #1 voting ! 58 posts - page 6 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 8, 2014 7:46am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:
I understand, then again, I want people to debate. You see, the point of this contest is to just to be creative in general, not to win. I was thinking about actually adding some sort of a prize (maybe dota related one, or just a random steam game) - but this is the kind of behaviour that stopped me doing it, and this was just a small test.

Well this is my first time in competitions so I know how it is :). When I first entered a competition I was like "I'm gonna win yeah, I gotta win". It's not like I'm gonna win a trophy or anything but I always enter in a competition with creation so let's just see my result after ThreadOfFate posts the votes.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » August 8, 2014 8:01am | Report
I entered this contest to get more into the community. I knew I was not going to win, but I was hoping top 5 if I was lucky xD

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 8, 2014 9:30am | Report
Miantor isn't my best idea, but my next one will definitely not disappoint :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » August 8, 2014 10:21am | Report
You guys still have to wait 7 days for my return from spain. Free wifi here makes even this take far too long to write. Feel free to go on without my votes.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » August 8, 2014 10:33am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

You guys still have to wait 7 days for my return from spain. Free wifi here makes even this take far too long to write. Feel free to go on without my votes.

I know how bad free wifi can be in that part of the world, but I dont think we can continue without your votes unless your hero is not judged, that's how the maths work. Anyone who made a hero and does not vote is at a distinct advatage.

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » August 8, 2014 10:36am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

Make a google drive document or whatever, just write it down when you can. Copy paste it here. Done.

Ninecent

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » August 8, 2014 10:41am | Report
I still think 2 weeks is to long for the contest it takes you what, less than an hour to make a hero idea once you have thought one up, nobody does not have an hour to spare.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » August 8, 2014 8:13pm | Report
I really liked your rating, Wulfstan. hahaha I'm terrible with the lore of my heroes, but I do a lot of study to balance them. "Wasting" 250 hours with my current account training and mechanics was not in vein, I try to apply them a lot.
The Lore isn't the most important of a hero, but it's certainly nice to have, but that's something you don't need to know to be a good player. But this a creativity contest, and here the Lore has to be good too. =D

PS: Just like Powergoat, I just wanted to say that I entered this contest to get more into the community. This a nice place and when I have some spare time, I can do some posts and discussion.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved