Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of creation #1 voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of creation #1 voting ! 58 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » August 7, 2014 6:00am | Report
Instant kill below 50% health? That's a kill threshold, similar to what Culling Blade does. It also deals more damage and has 800 range. It's better than Culling Blade in almost every way, unless I'm reading the 50% or below thing wrong.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » August 7, 2014 6:00am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

It's not a Culling Blade. Even Tusk had 50% threshold mechanic but it was removed.

Yes, it was REMOVED, wonder why? and that was in Melee range.

Also, did anyone forget to mention his one button escape? It is near impossible to gank him, with an ability that gives over MAX movespeed, COMPLETE invunerability, and UNDETECTABLE invisibility, even in CHRNOPSHERE! And it causes a slow, and lasts FOREVER.

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » August 7, 2014 10:47am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

To be fair, I didn't look at any of the hero ideas in the entries thread until I posted mine so I don't subconsciously copy any idea. It was just the overlap in themes that made us choose abilities with the same effect. Also, I've already made 2 hero ideas with the same theme, so I ran out of material to use for this one.

I've also seen some other notes you've made, and the one for Bunkansee's makes it seem like you have a limited understanding of dota. Just because a hero has to combo with other heroes to be strong doesn't mean that it is underwhelming. Take Io for example. A hero that has all skills that rely on "combo-ing" with its teammates. Is that bad? No! The patented Chaos Knight - Io duo is very powerful. What I'm saying here is that reliance on teammates does not make a hero weak. Otherwise, all supports would be weak by that definition.
For Bunkansee

What makes this even more unfair is that he gave everyone a score less than or equal to 5, while he gives himself nigh perfect scores (that's not even allowed lawl).

But what is done is done. It's his call, not mine. (Just ignore the score he gave himself, it's obvious that he's trolling.)

Yes rating myself was just a joke, didn't think you guys would take it seriously, i even made a silly note for myself to make it clearer that it was just that. Also i understand fully well some heroes can combo well with others but that was not the point of this contest nor what i was referring to when i made my note, as a stand alone hero in my opinion alone, it seemed on the weak side, that is all. As for the low scores i meant no offence i'm just a harsh critic, my idea was not perfect either. Also i never meant to insinuate you copied me in any way, i was just merely pointing out the similarities.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » August 7, 2014 10:55am | Report
I feel like I graded rather fairly. Ask me any questions about certain scores and I will try to answer them.

Porygon361:
B: 8
O: 9
U: 9
L: 8

F.E.A.R.0:
B: 6
O: 7
U: 6
L: 7

Bunkansee:
O: 5
U: 8
L: 6

Yzreel:
L: 9

ThreadOfFate:
B: 7
O: 8
U: 7
L: 9

kkoopman3:
B: 9
O: 7

Wulfstan:
L: 8

SilencersCurse:
U: 5
L: 5

Terathiel:
B: 5

Ninecent:
B: 9999
O: 9999
U: 9999
L: 9999

oldKainen:

Powergoat:

Unscathed:

Ninecent

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » August 7, 2014 11:14am | Report

Yes rating myself was just a joke, didn't think you guys would take it seriously, i even made a silly note for myself to make it clearer that it was just that. Also i understand fully well some heroes can combo well with others but that was not the point of this contest nor what i was referring to when i made my note, as a stand alone hero in my opinion alone, it seemed on the weak side, that is all. As for the low scores i meant no offence i'm just a harsh critic, my idea was not perfect either. Also i never meant to insinuate you copied me in any way, i was just merely pointing out the similarities.

I get you might be a harsh critic, but on your comments it just seemed that you were also not a very through one. Ex. The only comment you wrote on mine was "global tidebringer". If you really compared the abilities you would see that I took care to make it very significantly not so. The damage is not cleave damage, is not based upon the possible damage but the damage taken, and the "cleave" is magic damage so it is reduced another 25%. In comparison, tidebringer is a 100% cleave that also deals bonus damage, so it has the potential to 1 shot teams.

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » August 7, 2014 11:30am | Report
Powergoat wrote:

I get you might be a harsh critic, but on your comments it just seemed that you were also not a very through one. Ex. The only comment you wrote on mine was "global tidebringer". If you really compared the abilities you would see that I took care to make it very significantly not so. The damage is not cleave damage, is not based upon the possible damage but the damage taken, and the "cleave" is magic damage so it is reduced another 25%. In comparison, tidebringer is a 100% cleave that also deals bonus damage, so it has the potential to 1 shot teams.

Your right it is very different, its just what i thought of when reading the skill its more like fatal bonds with a cooldown on damage intervals.

Also finished the rest of the hero ideas.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » August 7, 2014 11:46am | Report
Silencer mate. Ik ur a harsh critic, but I still take offense to my lore's low rating. What was wrong with it?

Also, add some positive notes instead of focussing on negatives.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 7, 2014 12:43pm | Report

Hm, well I don't think the competition was made to make heroes which didn't combo well. I made a support hero, which of course needs to combo with someone. I don't know what you mean in "so i understand fully well some heroes can combo well with others but that was not the point of this contest". I believe it is a type of hero which can be submitted, it's not a "make the best carries which are super good on their own" contest. I don't mind getting low ratings, but I don't agree with the fact this competition was made for heroes which don't need to combo.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 7, 2014 1:27pm | Report
I agree with Bunkan on this one. a support hero is just that, a hero. If the hero possesses support skills I think the idea needs to be assessed based on how well they can support, not how quickly they'd die in a solo situation.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » August 7, 2014 5:16pm | Report
I honestly debated on whether or not i should have even voted, seems i shouldn't have since everyone seems upset about it, guess i wont next time.

I think 2 weeks for these contests is way to long, i am pretty sure everyone had submitted their ideas in 1 week and it felt like an eternity waiting for the contest to end.

I would recommend shortening it but that's just my opinion, i don't know if anyone else felt like it lasted to long as well.

SilencersCurse

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved