Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aleya, the Icewrack Adventurer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Aleya, the Icewrack Adventurer 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » April 20, 2015 2:18pm | Report

*note, everything under "Renewing Breeze" seems to have been changed to italics and I have no clue how to fix it.

Just want to say, it's been forever since I have made a hero idea, so bear with me if I made some mistakes. Comment balance issues in the comments so I can balance this hero more if needed. Yes it's ice theme, deal with it :p (yes yes, i know there is Ice Blast and Splinter Blast already, )

From since she was just a little girl, Aleya always dreamed of exploring the world, and one day, she finally does. Her adventure starts just due south of the mountains of Icewrack, in a small village called Braeston. Just after her 18th birthday, she sets her sights on the highest peak of the Icewrack mountians, the locals call it, Frostrazor Edge. It is renowned because no person has ever managed to climb it's hights and return to tell the tale. Aleya, a girl who has always set her sights on achieving big things, decides to do something no man, or woman has ever accomplished before, she decides to climb to Frostrazor Edge, and see what the world looks like all the way from up there.

She packs her things and sneaks out in the night, when the whole village is resting with the sun. Once Aleya reaches the base of Frostrazor edge, she notices a strange formation of stone, buried inside the mountain, she climbs a few feet and reaches the strange stone, only to realise it is a thick, heavy, stone door which leads seemingly straight into the mountain side. Aleya melts what ice she can with her torch and attempts to pull the door open, after much effort, it finally budges, and leaves just enough space for her to climb through. Inside is a huge temple like structure, which seems to fill almost the entire hollow mountain. Up a flight of stairs, a pedastle sits, with a brilliant blue gem on it's base. ALeya thinks twice about leaving it, but decides that she has come all this way, and she is not leaving without something! As she lifts the gem from it's base, it gleams a bright blue, filling the entire temple with light, which in turn, reveals strange text all over the walls, words which long have not been used by humanity, seemingly thousands of years old; at least!

But that is not all, suddenly Aleya's veins course with glowing blue lights, all over her body she feels colder and colder, yet she feels almost comforted by this sub zero temperature. All of a sudden, the gemstone falls to the ground and shatters, with a giant explosion. Aleya is knocked back, and passes out. Frostrazor Edge collapses, along with the hidden temple inside; along with Aleya.

Aleya wakes under a pile of mixed snow and ice, buried under snow for so long, she cannot believe she has survived, but in fact, she feels no cold at all. She pulls herself out of the snow, and looks at her arms, veins, glowing bright blue even still, skin turned a very pale shade of blue. With a wave of her arm she gusts ice cold winds, and with just a touch of her hand, she freezes anything; solid. She will not, can not, return to her home again.

Health: 425
Mana: 210
Strength: 16 (Gain: 1.9)
Agility: 12 (Gain: 2.2)
Intelligence: 16 (Gain: 3.6)
Armour: 1
Movespeed: 315

Q: Frigid Gust, (Target Area) (Line) (AoE)
Aleya releases a gust of ice cold wind, slowing and dealing damage to enemies in a cone for a couple of seconds.

Aleya uses the strange icy winds she learned to master after the blue gem empowered her to chill enemies to the bone.

Damage per second: 15/25/35/55
Slow (MS/AS): 20/15
Range: 800 (same as cast range)
Radius: 100 - 500 (100 is the start of the cone, 500 is the end of the cone)
Duration: 5
Cooldown: 10 Mana Cost: 90
Cast Time: .1

Notes:
The wave of ice takes .4 seconds to reach maximum range and radius

W: Chilly Pulse (AoE) (No Target)
Aleya pulses with regenerative ice, healing all allies nearby with each pulse.

Aleya learned how to restore herself with regenerative icy breezes after long hikes in the mountains.

Number of Pulses:2/3/4/6
Health Per Pulse: 50
Mana Per Pulse: 25
Radius: 400

Notes:
Each Pulse occurs at a .6 interval.

It would take 1.2/1.8/2.4/3 seconds in the aoe to recieve all heals.

Amount of health restored is: 100/150/200/300
Amount of mana restored is: 50/75/100/125

Pulses take .5 seconds to extend to max radius.

Pulses are centered around Aleya herself, and will follow her wherever she moves.

E: Mind Freeze (Aura) (Passive)
Aleya slows down the minds of nearby enemy units, increasing the amount of mana it costs to cast their spells.

Aleya tends to give people she doesn't like excruciatingly painful headaches due to her frosty aura.

Mana Cost Increase: 15/25/35/50
AoE: 1100

Notes: Extra mana cost is added immediately upon entering range of the spell, and all increased numbers will be shown on the mana cost numbers for each spell.

Toggleable spells which are toggled before entering the area will not be affected upon coming in radius of the spell, but will be affected if toggled on inside the area initially, upon leaving the area after toggling, the mana cost increase is removed from toggled spell.

Mana cost from items will not be affected.

R: Shatter Blast (Target Area) (AoE)
Aleya raises up a column of ice which emits a freezing aura, which slows all enemies in a huge aoe. After a few seconds, the column will shatter, ministunning, damaging, and further slowing all enemies still in the aoe. All trees in aoe will be destroyed by the shatter.
*Upgradeable by Aghanim's Scepter

Aleya learned to manipulate the same energy that the strange blue gemstone produced when it shattered.

Initial Slow: 30/30 * 40/40
Duration Until Shatter: 3
Shatter Damage: 200/300/400 *350/450/550
Ministun: .2 * Changed to stun: 1 second
Shatter Slow: 100/100
Shatter Slow Duration 1 * 2
Radius: 800 * 1000
Cooldown: 160/140/120 * 140/120/100 Mana Cost: 200/250/300
Cast Range: 750 Cast Time: .5

Notes:
Stun and slow from shatter pierce bkb, initial slow, and shatter damage do not.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 20, 2015 11:57pm | Report
Seems like a great idea, but better formatting would help :D

I'll comment about this later, when I have time.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » April 21, 2015 1:26am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Q: Frigid Gust, (Target Area) (Line) (AoE)
Aleya releases a gust of ice cold wind, slowing and dealing damage to enemies in a cone for a couple of seconds.

Aleya uses the strange icy winds she learned to master after the blue gem empowered her to chill enemies to the bone.

Damage per second: 15/25/35/55
Slow (MS/AS): 20/15
Range: 800 (same as cast range)
Radius: 100 - 500 (100 is the start of the cone, 500 is the end of the cone)
Duration: 5
Cooldown: 10 Mana Cost: 90
Cast Time: .1

Notes:
The wave of ice takes .4 seconds to reach maximum range and radius

This is a good skill. Can be used efficiently for zoning and chasing. Plus the static slow and mana cost makes it viable in the early game. I would really only put one point of this in the early game just for the slow.

W: Renewing Breeze (Target Ally) (Single Target)
Aleya renews an ally, increasing their mana and health regen for a few seconds.

Aleya learned how to restore herself with regenerative icy breezes after long hikes in the mountains.

Health Regen Bonus: 10/15/20/25
Mana Regen Bonus: 5/10/15/20
Duration: 10
Cooldown: 25 Mana Cost: 50
Cast Range: 700 Cast Time: .4

Notes:
Bonus regen stacks with already occurring regen.

Regen is not increased by percentage mana increase items.

Eh... I'm not really feeling this one as much. The health regen just seems like it would be pretty lackluster even during the laning stage where you're trying to heal from possible harass. It just isn't worthwhile enough with few points put into it. Recommendation would be to maybe make it something to increases mana or health regen.

E: Mind Freeze (Aura) (Passive)
Aleya slows down the minds of nearby enemy units, increasing the amount of mana it costs to cast their spells.

Aleya tends to give people she doesn't like excruciatingly painful headaches due to her frosty aura.

Mana Cost Increase: 15/25/35/50
AoE: 1100

Notes: Extra mana cost is added immediately upon entering range of the spell, and all increased numbers will be shown on the mana cost numbers for each spell.

Toggleable spells which are toggled before entering the area will not be affected upon coming in radius of the spell, but will be affected if toggled on inside the area initially, upon leaving the area after toggling, the mana cost increase is removed from toggled spell.

Ooo la la, I really like this one. You just go into the middle of fights and laugh uncontrollably as the opposing team is having their mana ripped to pieces. Awesome Anti-Mage ally as well.

R: Shatter Blast (Target Area) (AoE)
Aleya raises up a column of ice which emits a freezing aura, which slows all enemies in a huge aoe. After a few seconds, the column will shatter, ministunning, damaging, and further slowing all enemies still in the aoe. All trees in aoe will be destroyed by the shatter.
*Upgradeable by Aghanim's Scepter

Aleya learned to manipulate the same energy that the strange blue gemstone produced when it shattered.

Initial Slow: 30/30 * 40/40
Duration Until Shatter: 3
Shatter Damage: 200/300/400 *350/450/550
Ministun: .2 * Changed to stun: 1 second
Shatter Slow: 100/100
Shatter Slow Duration 1 * 2
Radius: 800 * 1000
Cooldown: 160/140/120 * 140/120/100 Mana Cost: 200/250/300
Cast Range: 750 Cast Time: .5

Notes:
Stun and slow from shatter pierce bkb, initial slow, and shatter damage do not.

I made a hero a loooooooong time ago with an ability kind of similar to this. The idea is great in combination with heroes that have nice control of positioning, or just anyone with a Force Staff. Good ultimate idea that can combo very well

Conclusion: I really like the cc that this hero brings to the field, and the aura that she brings just... Ahhh it's so good. I also like the connection to a certain ice sorceress you tend to like :)

Great concept. Can't wait to see more from you :)

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » April 21, 2015 7:29am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

Conclusion: I really like the cc that this hero brings to the field, and the aura that she brings just... Ahhh it's so good. I also like the connection to a certain ice sorceress you tend to like :)

Great concept. Can't wait to see more from you :)

-BK

Thank you for the input BK! I have changed the heal to something that has a base regen, but now also increases all regen by a percentage, so it will have more impact later on in the game, and hopefully a little more impact early, not sure if I've increased it too much though.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » April 22, 2015 2:31pm | Report
The Q: I assume mechanically it works like Sonic Wave? That is, you cast it and whoever is hit will get the full effect of the spell, everyone else will not be affected? In that case, I think it works ok - it is a skillshot and considering this, the damage/slow is a bit lackluster, but on the other hand, the CD is low enough to make up for this. I feel the slow could be higher - or are the numbers percentages? In that case, they're fine.

The W: The absolute HP regen is still way too low, Mana regen is fine. The ability as it is right now has no use, because while laning, the HP regen is too low to matter (compare, e.g., with Press the Attack), and in the late game - same thing. Let's take Axe, who unless I'm mistaken should have the highest HP regen in the game. His base regen at level 25 is 5,55/second (base 3,0 plus 85 strength x 0,03). Let's say he is six-slotted with Tranquil Boots, Blink Dagger, Blade Mail, Aghanim's Scepter, Heart of Tarrasque and Crimson Guard. That gives him the following additional regen in combat (otherwise, Heart is all he needs anyway):

52 Strength (Aghs, Heart, Guard) = additional 1,56 HP regen
6 HP regen (Guard)

This brings his total HP regen up to 13,1, which means that the skill will give him 25 plus an additional 10,5, bringing the total up to 35,5 (45,9 if we include Tranquils for the sake of argument). That's almost what Press the Attack gives with just one level, and that's with the absolute best case scenario of a super-farmed Axe at level 25. Also, I would argue that the additional boni from Press the Attack are better than the mana regen.

Obviously, the skill working on consumables is nice, but that's only relevant for 15 minutes.

The E: Seems cool. Imagine a Lineup with silencer, and maybe OD. :D

The R: Seems nice as well.

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » April 22, 2015 4:26pm | Report
voodoodoll wrote:

The Q: I assume mechanically it works like Sonic Wave? That is, you cast it and whoever is hit will get the full effect of the spell, everyone else will not be affected? In that case, I think it works ok - it is a skillshot and considering this, the damage/slow is a bit lackluster, but on the other hand, the CD is low enough to make up for this. I feel the slow could be higher - or are the numbers percentages? In that case, they're fine.

The W: The absolute HP regen is still way too low, Mana regen is fine. The ability as it is right now has no use, because while laning, the HP regen is too low to matter (compare, e.g., with Press the Attack), and in the late game - same thing. Let's take Axe, who unless I'm mistaken should have the highest HP regen in the game. His base regen at level 25 is 5,55/second (base 3,0 plus 85 strength x 0,03). Let's say he is six-slotted with Tranquil Boots, Blink Dagger, Blade Mail, Aghanim's Scepter, Heart of Tarrasque and Crimson Guard. That gives him the following additional regen in combat (otherwise, Heart is all he needs anyway):

52 Strength (Aghs, Heart, Guard) = additional 1,56 HP regen
6 HP regen (Guard)

This brings his total HP regen up to 13,1, which means that the skill will give him 25 plus an additional 10,5, bringing the total up to 35,5 (45,9 if we include Tranquils for the sake of argument). That's almost what Press the Attack gives with just one level, and that's with the absolute best case scenario of a super-farmed Axe at level 25. Also, I would argue that the additional boni from Press the Attack are better than the mana regen.

Obviously, the skill working on consumables is nice, but that's only relevant for 15 minutes.

The E: Seems cool. Imagine a Lineup with silencer, and maybe OD. :D

The R: Seems nice as well.

Okay, so the Q works like sonic wave in the way it grows in radius at the end, but it will affect everyone in the wave of frost, think Shadow Poison, it travels in a line and damages and slows everyone in the path. However like Sonic Wave the radius starts smaller and ends larger, if this makes sense.

I completely reworked the W now, so it is changed to a pulsing aoe heal instead of single target regen.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved