Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I am a new player that joined from LOL, need help finding a hero to play

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » I am a new player that joined from LOL, need help finding a hero to play 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DyHaKi » July 7, 2014 10:10pm | Report
Hey guys i am a new Dota 2 player and one of the problems i find is what hero to play.

I have a LOL background playing it for over 2 years and now i decided to try some dota 2.

The kind of champs i like to play is a sololane tanky initator.

In Lol i played a lot of j4, Wukong and renekton and anything similar will be great also.

Thanks for the help and i also wouldn't mine a few tips about Dota 2 also.

DyHaKi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 7, 2014 10:30pm | Report
Well, i don't play LoL, so the people that you pointed out don't help me a lot, but if you like solo laning nd tanky initiator, there are a few heros you might like. Axe, Undying, Batrider, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner , Elder Titan, Magnus, Timbersaw.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DyHaKi » July 7, 2014 10:38pm | Report
mastadoom wrote:

Well, i don't play LoL, so the people that you pointed out don't help me a lot, but if you like solo laning nd tanky initiator, there are a few heros you might like. Axe, Undying, Batrider, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner , Elder Titan, Magnus, Timbersaw.

Thanks very much, this will help me with a starting place on heroes to try.

DyHaKi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 7, 2014 10:44pm | Report
ya, no problem if you need help just ask. the best thing i can tell you right now is, try these heros in a bot match (you will be dual laning, bots are dumb, but all of these heros can solo lane 1v3, some better than others). If you like the feel of some of these heros, look at some guide on this site and really learn them.
If you were to ask me to rank these difficulty wise, i would say from easiest to hardest;
Bristleback> Axe> Centaur Warrunner > Undying> Timbersaw> Magnus> Elder Titan> Batrider

Gl HF

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » July 7, 2014 11:23pm | Report
u can try huskar also if u have to be mid...

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » July 8, 2014 1:38am | Report
Pretty much what Mastadoom said, but I'd like to add another tanky initiator for the off-lane: Clockwerk. He's probably one of the most effective solo laners in the game because of his zoning tool and ranged harass/last hit damage.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » July 8, 2014 1:41am | Report
bit out of place but bounty hunter is great offlane hero, and why tank damage if they can't see you eh :)

Thanks
Fleet
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DyHaKi » July 8, 2014 2:51am | Report
mastadoom wrote:

ya, no problem if you need help just ask. the best thing i can tell you right now is, try these heros in a bot match (you will be dual laning, bots are dumb, but all of these heros can solo lane 1v3, some better than others). If you like the feel of some of these heros, look at some guide on this site and really learn them.
If you were to ask me to rank these difficulty wise, i would say from easiest to hardest;
Bristleback> Axe> Centaur Warrunner > Undying> Timbersaw> Magnus> Elder Titan> Batrider

Gl HF

Thanks again, i tried centaur warrunner already, he is pretty fun but i did really bad. I just have to get used to the game, thanks for the advice i will be trying all of these champs soon.

DyHaKi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 8, 2014 5:32am | Report
mastadoom wrote:

Gl HF

No love for Tidehunter (possibly even easier to use than Bristleback)? T-T

Pretty much what Mastadoom said, but I'd like to add another tanky initiator for the off-lane: Clockwerk. He's probably one of the most effective solo laners in the game because of his zoning tool and ranged harass/last hit damage.

Yep, Clock's a great Offlaner, you just need to land his Skillshots effectively, a bad Power Cogs can lose an otherwise un-losable Teamfight. You might want to stay away from him for a bit.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 8, 2014 10:07am | Report
WOW, im osrry xyrus and peepo, i was looking at a hero list going through all the heros that match what he was looking for and didn't even see tide hunter and Clockwerk, opps.

Ya, so tide is probably right there with Bristleback and Clockwerk is probably up there with magnus in difficulty.

Also on your centaur comment, you do have to get used to the game to use heros like centaur, be cause he is really good, but his stun is super hard to land if you arn't used to the game(man i wiffed so many of those stuns when I first started).

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved