Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How did I go?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How did I go? 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 15, 2014 3:10pm | Report
FleetAU wrote:

huehuehue, xyrus is down in my hole almost

that sounds wrong on so many levels. =D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 15, 2014 4:58pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

that sounds wrong on so many levels. =D

I think that was the point...
Also how did we get so far from helping me to going saying awkward/weird things?
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 16, 2014 4:59am | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

I think that was the point...
Also how did we get so far from helping me to going saying awkward/weird things?

Ok back on topic of Centaur; his only three core items are Tranquils, Blink Dagger, and HoT. Everything else is pretty much extension.

He's pretty flexible when it comes to mid game items unlike other heroes. It comes down to what type of enemy composition your facing more than anything else.

But yeah. You need blink right after Tranqs in order to initiate and counter initiate in team fights.

Also fun tip. The easy jungle camps can actually be cleared pretty quickly with double edge and a few points in return.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 16, 2014 5:31am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Ok back on topic of Centaur; his only three core items are Tranquils, Blink Dagger, and HoT. Everything else is pretty much extension.

He's pretty flexible when it comes to mid game items unlike other heroes. It comes down to what type of enemy composition your facing more than anything else.

But yeah. You need blink right after Tranqs in order to initiate and counter initiate in team fights.

Also fun tip. The easy jungle camps can actually be cleared pretty quickly with double edge and a few points in return.

You can jungle with just tranquils, just drop them so they wont break what you attack.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wonderbawlz » May 16, 2014 5:57am | Report
Pipe is probably more of a core than heart. I would only get heart if I ever got the farm for it. Pipe also tends to help out your team, especially since it now gives an aura effect.

Wonderbawlz

Steam: ^KSY!
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 16, 2014 10:34am | Report
Wonderbawlz wrote:

Pipe is probably more of a core than heart. I would only get heart if I ever got the farm for it. Pipe also tends to help out your team, especially since it now gives an aura effect.

I wouldn't consider it core just for the fact that it isn't always that useful. When I think core, I'm thinking; you must get this item no matter the team composition.

Heart to me is the late core item. Yet should be rushed if given the space.

The passive health regen is ok. Nothing to write home about. The active would be nice if your facing some good magic burst. But if the enemies team is more about right clicking and using their supports for CC; then Pipe isn't going to be helping that much.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 16, 2014 11:12am | Report
Honestly, I'd say only Tranquil Boots, Blink Dagger and a Casual Cloak are Core.

You benefit immensely from Heart of Tarrasque, but you don't desperately need it, it's more of a Luxury Item, for when you've got everything your Team needs and you just want to Tank up some more. There will always be something else your Team needs more.

Pipe of Insight is great, but only if there's enoguh Magical AoE Damage to justify it, although, a single Ult like Epicentre, Ice Blast, etc. can be a good reason to buy it. This and anything else is just Situational imo.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 17, 2014 3:58am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Honestly, I'd say only Tranquil Boots, Blink Dagger and a Casual Cloak are Core.

You benefit immensely from Heart of Tarrasque, but you don't desperately need it, it's more of a Luxury Item, for when you've got everything your Team needs and you just want to Tank up some more. There will always be something else your Team needs more.

Pipe of Insight is great, but only if there's enoguh Magical AoE Damage to justify it, although, a single Ult like Epicentre, Ice Blast, etc. can be a good reason to buy it. This and anything else is just Situational imo.

I find Heart as a good core due to the fact that it turns Double Edge into less of a gamble. The regen itself is by far worth it.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wonderbawlz » May 17, 2014 4:10am | Report
I Don't know. Honestly Pipe is so much better. Heart is good if you have immense farm. But most teams today like AOE, and a lot of pubs roll AA, or Veno, some AOE magical damage. You don't see pros rushign heart after blink for a reason, they normally go pipe

Wonderbawlz

Steam: ^KSY!
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 17, 2014 6:15am | Report
I agree with xyrus and the gentleman in the corner with the wonderous ballz.
The only core items are tranquil and blink, the rest is situational and depends on the game.
Heart regen isnt even that needed, and if it is a good pipe game you wont care about double edge damage at all.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved