Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How did I go?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How did I go? 30 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 5, 2014 2:10am | Report
Well I had this match a couple of hours ago, and I wanted to know how I went.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/643771570

Some things I noted that I should work on;
  • Not feeding in lanes; after being killed 2 times I should've probably hanged back just for the exp.
  • Helping more in ganks, We lacked stuns.
  • Building AC?

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks and is there things I can improve on.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 5, 2014 2:37am | Report
You know gaem is bad when Disruptor goes Vanguard ;<
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 5, 2014 3:32am | Report
I'm not too familiar with Centaur Warrunner , but I'm pretty sure you need to Max Double Edge by lvl7 every time.

I can't tell which order you bought your Items in, so I'll just have to make some guesses about them...

Starting with a Stout Shield, then Rushing Boots of Speed -> Blink Dagger 1st is best, when Soloing, you need to hang back and wait for opportunities to Farm, even if you're only 2 vs 1. You need the Blink Dagger in order to get Kills, so you can dominate the Mid-Game.

Blademail and Black King Bar are good extensions after that. I like the Heaven's Halberd pickup here, it's useful against Anti-Mage, since Manta Style can't remove the Disarm, and he isn't going to want to buy a BKB (Drow needed a BKB, but was clearly too dumb...dat MoM -_- ). I probably would have picked up an Aura rather than building a HoT, like Shiva's Guard.

An Assault Cuirass's Armour won't do much against Mana Break or a Daedalus wielding Drow Ranger, and only Silencer would benefit from the Attack Speed. Armour Reduction is nice, but not the best idea with only a Weaver to compliment it.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 5, 2014 4:09am | Report
MY EYES!!!!!!! THE ITEM BUILDS HURT MY EYES!!!!! DISRUPTOR ANTIMAGE PUCK LION AXE!!!111!1!1!1!!11!!!

*sigh* *Sigh* (calms down)
So yea, your skillbuild hurts my eyes too. There is no reason to max return, max double edge first, putting a single point in it is utterly useless. Its like putting one point into battery assault.
Your skillbuild should look something like this: Q/E-E/Q-W-W-W-R-W

I dont know when you got blink but you should ALWAYS rush it.

Getting cuirass is fine if no one else will get it, otherwise get a shiva's pipe if your team needs it, or heart.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 5, 2014 5:26am | Report
1 early point in Return is fine, but no more. Otherwise you're using a skill point to gain about 3 extra damage with it. Not sure on the pro builds, but Q-E-W-W-W-R-W makes sense to me, with Q maxed 2nd. Don't forget your Tranquil Boots early on, you need to get the health for Double Edge from somewhere :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » May 5, 2014 9:17am | Report
The only thing I dislike about Anti-Mage is Vanguard the other is fine. Next make sure you buy a Vanguard on Centaur Warrunner .
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 5, 2014 9:21am | Report
I've seen worse armor builds on a Centaur. Don't really dig the HH on him though. Evasion kinda defeats the purpose of return and Blademail. Would of preferred a Shiva's instead.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 5, 2014 9:27am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

I've seen worse armor builds on a Centaur. Don't really dig the HH on him though. Evasion kinda defeats the purpose of return and Blademail. Would of preferred a Shiva's instead.

its not about the stats, its all about the actives man. AM doenst have a BKB. i like the halberd more then the blademail usually.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 5, 2014 5:08pm | Report
Wow, thanks for all this!
First a couple of things to clear up;
This is my first time playing centaur.
I maxed return early on because I was getting 0 farm but now I realise it was a mistake.
Also I got my tranquils early on but when I hit 3000~ health I had to build Heart otherwise no health regen could support me.
I built a HoT because I ended having 4000~ health and I needed regen.
I didn't get blink to late game simply because I needed things to hurt them not to run away. imo.
not much else really.

Also sorry about your eyes Tim
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 6, 2014 1:13am | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Wow, thanks for all this!
First a couple of things to clear up;
This is my first time playing centaur.
I maxed return early on because I was getting 0 farm but now I realise it was a mistake.
Also I got my tranquils early on but when I hit 3000~ health I had to build Heart otherwise no health regen could support me.
I built a HoT because I ended having 4000~ health and I needed regen.
I didn't get blink to late game simply because I needed things to hurt them not to run away. imo.
not much else really.

Also sorry about your eyes Tim

Its ok they healed =D

Getting heart is fine, it makes return damage better and makes it so they cant commit to killing you becouse it will take too long, but they cant ignore you either.
Yep, maxing double edge is the way to go becouse the damage is flat, while return scales later in the game when your health pool and armor increases.

The blink should be rushed instantly after tranquil boots BECOUSE you will hurt them. It is THE item that you need to help your team. It is not used to run away, it is used to jump in they faces and melt them with insane double edge burst damage.
I would rather have a 12 minute blink then a 12 minute heart.

Even in solo offlane you should be able to get a 10-15 minute blink depending on how well it goes.
You can jungle with just tranquil's by dropping them when attacking so they wont break, an assist in ganks with stampede.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved