Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero for a noob

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hero for a noob 40 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » September 8, 2014 5:37am | Report
Wraith King should be fairly easy, stun-->right click and often pwns games if well fed.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » September 8, 2014 7:33am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Good advices here, but you need to stay away from some heroes.

Medusa and Faceless Void- very farm dependent and requires good positioning and awareness. If you are the type that doesnt want to wait 40 minutes to be effective, you may want to stay away from void and other ultra-hard carries. Even if you are patient, you should learn to last hit very well to play a hard carry.

Can't agree with Faceless Void part - nowadays FV players need just Power Treads + Mask of Madness to wreck the sheet out of pretty much every other hero.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 8, 2014 7:34am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Riki isn't that bad, it's just that most people don't know how to play him properly. He's a nice Pickup in some Situations once you've gotten used to balancing Ganking with Farming.

No I mean that the other team will get better at killing Riki. Invisibility detection cripples Riki so badly it is not even funny.

Also on Wraith King. He is easy to play; but you do need to pay attention to your mana pool as him. Don't want to die foolishly cause you didn't have mana for his ulty.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 8, 2014 8:24am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

Can't agree with Faceless Void part - nowadays FV players need just Power Treads + Mask of Madness to wreck the sheet out of pretty much every other hero.

He still needs good possitioning, that a new player doesn't have. I still stand by my suggestion at trying out Lich.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 8, 2014 8:50am | Report
If you want a really easy to play hero then lich is your guy.
But i would suggest just trying out some heroes that you think you might like, play them in bot games and go online when you feel comfortable enough.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iambatman » September 8, 2014 9:08am | Report
Thx very much for advice :)

I think i found my hero atleast for while in spiritbreaker, hes very fun to play. I know that support roles are always the underplayed role in mobas and i get why you are suggesting me to take up the role, but i just have never been the supporter kind of guy, i understand why people dont want to play support cause frankly its pretty boring.

iambatman

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 8, 2014 9:11am | Report
iambatman wrote:

I think i found my hero atleast for while in spiritbreaker, hes very fun to play. I know that support roles are always the underplayed role in mobas and i get why you are suggesting me to take up the role, but i just have never been the supporter kind of guy, i understand why people dont want to play support cause frankly its pretty boring.

Support is boring to some, but to me it's the most fun I can get out of dota :p

As for ADC Drow Ranger is a beginner hero, and is kinda similar to Ashe in the sense she has a slow effect on normal attacks with her q. She isn't the most interesting hero however.

The reason I like supports is they can change the game in ways you wouldn't at first think they could.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » September 8, 2014 4:35pm | Report
iambatman wrote:

Supporting my be boring to some, but like Bunkanse, I love it, more acuratly, I love roaming supports who have a lane, but leave it a lot. These kinds of supports have really good kill potentail at lvl 1 and will get you a really early lead if played well. vengful spirit, Crystal Maiden, Shadow Demon, Nyx Assassin and Witch Doctor are good examples of these heros.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 8, 2014 11:11pm | Report
hey dude glad i helped :D

Spirit breaker is heaps of fun when learning since he forces you to have map awareness to scout out those charges and makes you think about charging in which can translate to a lot of other heroes.

going into the medium bracket though you will find yourself being punished HEAPS for the pick since he is countered very easily.

once you have had your fun with Spirit breaker i would suggest these heroes.

Pudge - fun to play but also forces you to think about positioning and enemy pathing (where you think they will go) which translates to other heroes.

Luna - fun to play and does heaps of damage plus the ultimate makes pretty lights haha but the good thing is she makes you think about timing and with her horrible last hit animation she lets you practice last hitting on a horrible last hitting hero.

Nyx - lots of burst damage and heaps of killing potential. what does it teach you? your enemy. by playing nyx you are forced to think about what they can do to you before you even go near them. which allows you to learn more abilities then just by playing each and every hero. also ....LOTS OF BURST!!!

gg wp have fun :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 9, 2014 3:51am | Report
Lich is a fairly easy hero and probably the best hero for newbies to learn positioning. You definitely should use this hero, wether for matches or learning.

Nature's Prophet is easy to learn, but hard to master. His abilities are fairly well to learn a thing or two about micro managing and jungling, but his full capability requires fine awareness and positioning.

Clinkz is a little like Drow Ranger, but is superior in some ways. First, he has a great last hitting/harrassing capabilities at early game. Second, he has a natural escape that drow doesnt have. Third, he is probably easier to learn positioning than Drow because unlike her, his damage output is not reduced when enemy heroes are near. ([[Marksmanship is disabled when an enemy hero is in 250 AoE). However, he do not have a reliable lockdown and requires positioning to maximize damage. Underrated hero to learn.

Lina is agood hero to learn positioning AoE. She has two AoE abilities that arent that difficult to land. Plus, her combos arent that hard to do. Once you get the stun, your target is death. Leshrac is like her, but harder.

P.s: ty for posting this thread, this inspires me to make a guide to stop failing at heroes like Rubick and Pudge.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved