Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with Windranger

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help with Windranger 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 7, 2015 8:33pm | Report
So I had this really good game today, which I was wondering if anybody could/would be bothered to watch. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1535392133. I think I did okay, I followed the slahsers way build, to a point. I got aghs daedalus but then went off on my own way. I know it's probably hard to pick out stuff from a sorta stomp, but is there anything I can do to improve? I'm sure there is.

Thanks,
Bunkansee

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 7, 2015 9:06pm | Report
As the one being carried in this game by Bunkan, I'm not able to critize him at all ahah so please someone help him with that, cause I think he simply rocked too hard

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » June 7, 2015 10:33pm | Report
Late Desolator? just nop
Slasher way is outdated this paatch(it worked for6.83), you do not farm creeps, you farm heroes
this game you needed hard a linkin sphere or lotus orb because of lina, she is a hard counter
soooooooooo you need your Blink Dagger for gank purposes ASAP, then aghanim scepter and magical defense item as this is Wind´s weakness
me? i have moar 200 games of wind just in dota 2 :)

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » June 7, 2015 10:37pm | Report
I watched a part of this matched, "live". Hahahaha.
You did pretty well carrying those scrubs (just kidding, ChiChi). Your items were okay, the only "bad" option there is Desolator, which doesn't fit Windranger's Focus Fire at all - it is good if you need to push hard, but you were balling out of control, so no need of extra pushing power. With her, your best options are proc items - Maelstrom (giving you AoE presence), Monkey King Bar, Daedalus and even a Skull Basher is 100% legit on her - you have max attack speed with a 10% Bash (the same % value as Troll Warlord). Scythe of Vyse, Shiva's Guard and Eye of Skadi are also legit options for her.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 8, 2015 10:45am | Report
So, if I understand this correctly, Desolator is a good item only for a pushing kind-of Windranger, and if you get it early?

After seeing Bunkan's Wind I'm tempted to visit the hero again following his tips :) I was definitely the scrub saved by his deathly arrows.

Btw, OldKainen, my bf is also Brazilian ahah I'm Portuguese myself. If you want to, we would glady play with you some time (my name in the game now is Katniss Everdeen, and he is Tirolone, before Ariranho lol, and we're friends of Bunkan already)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 8, 2015 11:06am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

So, if I understand this correctly, Desolator is a good item only for a pushing kind-of Windranger, and if you get it early?

exactly, btw did bunkan get Orchid Malevolence? (dotabuff is blocked in my gf's computer for reasons), if not, then get it its very good paired with her Focus Fire

Edit: also you can get Medallion of Courage :P (turn it to Solar Crest later)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 8, 2015 11:19am | Report
Thanks, IgnoranceIsBliss. Bunkan didn't. By the end he had Aghs, Deso, Daedalus, MKB and BoT. I'm not sure on the order of purchase, I was too busy with my dying all the time to see it properly :D

I usually did buy Orchid Malevolence on my games, specially because I struggled for mana, but I found the results very frustrating, and I read some guides that said it was very situational. I'm not sure now when you should get it, besides those games where you have some very annoying mage like Storm Spirit. And if you do, at what point in your build?

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 8, 2015 11:30am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Thanks, IgnoranceIsBliss. Bunkan didn't. By the end he had Aghs, Deso, Daedalus, MKB and BoT. I'm not sure on the order of purchase, I was too busy with my dying all the time to see it properly :D

I usually did buy Orchid Malevolence on my games, specially because I struggled for mana, but I found the results very frustrating, and I read some guides that said it was very situational. I'm not sure now when you should get it, besides those games where you have some very annoying mage like Storm Spirit. And if you do, at what point in your build?

I get it when you cant kill a certain hero and he is getting rich because you can't kill him, examples are enemies like Storm Spirit, Anti-Mage, Bounty Hunter and spell reliant heroes such as Timbersaw, Leshrac, or those heroes who have big spells that can turn the game around such as Omniknight, Tidehunter, Enigma etc. plus that 30% damage amplification is really sweet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 8, 2015 2:05pm | Report
So from what I gathered here, deso is a no go? And I usually get blink dagger, but I decided to go for like the most risky full dps build cuz I was killing people left right and center. Thanks for the help people.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 8, 2015 2:10pm | Report
If you want to go full DPS... Maestrom gives more DPS than Deso.

Usually, if I'm stomping, I go:

Fazes >> Maelstrom >> Blink >> BKB/Linkens? >> Agh's >> MKB >> Sell Maelstrom for Abyssal

Or if I'm getting crushed:

Fazes >> Vlad's >> Force >> Atos >> Maestrom >> Agh's

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved