Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

help with LION

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » help with LION 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by drunkelf » April 10, 2014 10:51am | Report
I started playing this game a week ago and immedailty took a liking to keeper of the light.

The way I basically play keeper of the light is by starting at the top tower and let my opponent farm I will hide in the tress and illuminate enememy heroes forciing them to back down less they risk getting killed my lane partner will then go do stuff you people do when you go off into the woods.

This is when I start to push blasting whole group of creeps I will eventually get boots of travel allowing me to teleport to other lanes and push there because if I stay in one lane and towers begin to fall and they always do gankers will want me dead with all my team mates of ganking running around in one lane the whole time can get dangerous by teleporting for free I can push the other lanes as well eventually I will help out in team fights when our opponents are ready to lose.

This is how I play keeper of the light

But there is another hero I have taken a liking to the LION but I dont know how I should play him I do the laning phase get levels and some gold then what?

I mean do i go of ganking?He has excellent disable skills but why is he categorized as lane support.I am level 6 LION now what?

Please give me some tips on how I should play the lion

drunkelf

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 10, 2014 12:19pm | Report
Lion is a lane support, actually: you should pair up with a carry that has good killing potential (e.g. Juggernaut, Lifestealer, Slark, Gyrocopter) so that you can use your two disables to get kills.

Also, as you're pretty new to the game I'd suggest to read about creep pulling (skip the useless "Half Pulls" and maybe the "Double Pulls" part, too): it helps a lot when you're a support. Plus, low level players will rush to your tower instead of contesting the pull, so you can come from behind the trees, stun them and let your teammate finish the job. You can pull with any support, and that's actually what competitive players do when supporting, too.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 10, 2014 3:14pm | Report
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/angelobangelos-guide-to-support-lion-7373

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scott_Riot » June 10, 2014 8:31am | Report
In a pinch Lion can do serious damage with his disable/ultimate combos, but you should stay focused on grouping as much as possible early on with your teammates. I don't know if others agree but I like picking up a blink dagger for the later game bc Lion seems to be easily overwhelmed if your team is not necessarily elite (IE- doesn't always have your back). When someone says push, run to that lane and support
Steam: Scott_Riot

Scott_Riot

Steam: Scott_Riot
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » June 10, 2014 3:54pm | Report
Basically what you can do after you hit level 6 varies, you can continue to remain in-lane with a carry and try and get a kill with Finger of Death and your 2 disables. Or you can go roam to another lane eg; Mid and then use [Finger of Death]] and your disables to get a kill. Really, when you hit level 6 you should start ganking/roaming as to get more kills and more gold for your team.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » July 2, 2014 1:46pm | Report
Some notes about Lion:

1. He's a great Lane Support because he can do quite a few important laning techniques effectively. He can harass with good range and his mana drain skill, he can set up kills with two disables for your carry, and he can protect your carry if needed with those same skills. Not to mention that your ult at lvl 6 + most other heroes and your disables is basically a guaranteed kill.

2. He's also an excellent roamer once you have some Tranquils and TP scrolls. He can come into any lane and instantly put 2-3 enemies in a bad place with a mix of disables and burst damage. This is excellent for the early game, because it will get your carries a little boost, and hopefully knock some of their heroes down a peg. A lot of people say that winning the early game wins the match, and Lion is a dominating force in the early game if played right.

3. He gets shut down by magic immunity and is pretty squishy. Other than disabling before being killed, he doesn't have a lot of escape potential. A Blink Dagger helps a bit.

4. It's tempting to snipe kills with your ult, because at level 6 you can pretty much one shot anyone who's around half health. However, you need to let your carries have the kills and use your ult to knock a giant chunk out of a hard to kill hero's health. Don't be afraid to zap someone with the finger if you think they may escape, though.

5. You have pretty much infinite mana in the laning phase, so you can spam spells a lot. It's also good to get a point in mana drain early on. Plus you can convert your enemy's mana into your own, win win!

6. Though he has great killing power early on, he falls off in the late game pretty hard, which is why he's played as a support. Just keep the enemies disabled and ward the map and people will love you. Occasionally you see a Lion intentionally sniping kills and is 10-0 by the time the mid/late game comes around. Problem is, a farmed Lion will lose to a farmed Anti-Mage 7 days a week.

Anyway, he's a really useful hero who's great for new players. If you incorporate communication with your team to use your skills to their fullest, you can really shine as Lion.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved