Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

You know your in scrub tier when...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » You know your in scrub tier when... 157 posts - page 5 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 17, 2014 6:21am | Report
Supports taking kills is situational - ideally you feed your carry, but there are times when a support should take the kill as they may be able to have far more instant game impact with that gold.

Ice Path should generally be skilled first (possibly 2nd in a 2v1 harass lane) in a tri-lane - 1 second of AOE stun is good. I wouldn't max it first usually though, Dual Breath's 5 seconds of 30% slow and damage is usually stronger for those situations. W-Q-Q-E-Q works well for trilanes. (I'd rather be able to drop 75 damage on them than stun them for 0.4 seconds)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 17, 2014 6:29am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

@Always skill first not max it.

Cursed typos! You get my point though

And good to see you are not completely away, Sando
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 17, 2014 6:29am | Report
If anything I think that Supports benefit from the early game kills more than carries, because it lets them get things like Boots of Speed more quickly, which drastically increases there effectiveness in the early game. Especially on roaming supports, who depend on kills to get items and levels in the early game.

Like First Blood as a support can have a huge effect on your in game effectiveness, where as a carry won't get as much from that gold immediately.

I will say that it does depend on the support of course. And that after a while, the carry should be getting the kills where possible. But early game, I've no objection to supports getting the kills.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrimarchXIII » September 17, 2014 8:25pm | Report
LOL ~ d;p
Sorry guys. This thread is great fun and I hope that we can laugh about it now (just a little...)

You know you are in scrub tier when...
- The last pick Night Stalker kicks Pudge out of mid lane declaring, "I'm going to roam/ gank early" and only leaves the lane twice in almost 20 mins, only to get killed...
- When the 1 time you want to play a Carry, the other 4 people on your team pick Carries after you've already picked PA...
- The Carry on your team who is failing hard tells you, the only support, to "stop buying wards and buy something useful"...

Too many to list but these are the 3 that came to mind.

Good Luck. Have Fun. You are not Alone.

PrimarchXIII

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » September 20, 2014 12:52am | Report
I honestly max XmtS at 7 on Kunkka. It makes him much more threatening when missing, and guarantees both a torrent and boat. At level 7 that's a ton of damage, and they can't fight you under the effects of rum. Most pro players skip splash in the safe lane (Or hold their skill points), and Kunkka isn't a great mid honestly. He's best suited for roaming.

Also blink on heroes like Sniper and Drow is incredibly powerful. Both heroes are great at chasing, but lack a way to gain ground on enemies. Outside of a few things like radiance, blink is much more reliable than shadow blade.

Some things that bother me when I see them in games are:

-Players farming creeps when they have big team fight ults up

-Players that don't micro the courier into the trees when an item is delivered and the opponents have a Furion

-Players that try to initiate on heroes with escape mechanisms before the supports get there

-Players that don't want to use smokes, Rosh, or push when it is advantageous to do so

-Players that won't TP to fights as the carry unless they have core items

-Players that walk their bottle to mid on the courier with BH mia for a full minute

-Players that buy wards and go farm with them in their inventory

-Players that engage when large team fight ults (Ravage, Chronosphere, Exorcism) are 10s from coming off of cooldown

-Players that random for a last pick in ranked

-Players that don't listen to advice (Mirana ulted. All back. Back please. Back. *Void dies* kden)

-Players in ranked who pick Phantom Lancer, Lion, KotL, Medusa, etc.... Then cry when the opponents pick Doom, Void, Tinker, Skywrath, Shadow Shaman, Lycan, Death Prophet, Nature's Prophet, etc... They're trying hard. You should too. Don't say "Lycan picker? Shame." Sorry you find these heroes boring or broken, but they're powerful and more importantly they can win games very easily. It's ranked. No one has honor, nor should they. They just want higher MMR.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 20, 2014 4:46am | Report
-players calling you a noob cause your using your summoned pets as scouts and mobile observers in the jungles. (Treants & Wolves mostly)

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 20, 2014 4:56am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

-players calling you a noob cause your using your summoned pets as scouts and mobile observers in the jungles. (Treants & Wolves mostly)

I personally hate this one. It's similar to my "you can't have three people in the same lane!" When I see this I'm just like, "Why... why are you even...? Nevermind."

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 20, 2014 7:42am | Report

-Players in ranked who pick Phantom Lancer, Lion, KotL, Medusa, etc.... Then cry when the opponents pick Doom, Void, Tinker, Skywrath, Shadow Shaman, Lycan, Death Prophet, Nature's Prophet, etc... They're trying hard. You should too. Don't say "Lycan picker? Shame." Sorry you find these heroes boring or broken, but they're powerful and more importantly they can win games very easily. It's ranked. No one has honor, nor should they. They just want higher MMR.

This ^

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » September 20, 2014 7:46am | Report
When people flame you for not joining team fights before 15 minutes as Shadow Fiend, while you actually managed to farm Treads, Midas, BKB and are on your way to Butterfly, all while pushing all enemy towers when they fight.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » September 20, 2014 8:05am | Report
People who blame me for not ganking constantly as Templar Assassin while they are sitting in lane as a support.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved