Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What If

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What If 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 14, 2014 11:50pm | Report
I believe there are a lot of people like me that like to imagine some situations for Dota 2 game and discuss about it. So I decided to create a thread that facilitates for these kind of people. Feel free to post anything that you want to ask, either for in-game or the game itself. However, I want to state some rules:
    Please do not post new discussion until the previous has been settled/left for few days
    Please do not use any insults, we are here to discuss even stupid ideas!
    Please do not post discussions that will offend people

So, let me just start! I'll give some example as of how wide the questions can be:
1) What if Sniper is played as nuker/support?
2) What if every hero in Dota 2 receives Scepter upgrade?
3) What if Dota 2 collaborates with other Valve games for a month of event?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 15, 2014 12:40am | Report
What if valve reconsidered the prize pool distribution system for TI4?

It's just something I was thinking about lately - Instead of focusing the entire prize pool towards the top 8, distribute a bit more to all of the players.

As of now esports isn't exactly stable, and even something like 3000 dollars per player in the bottom 4 or 8 would be much better than letting them return home empty handed. It's not much from the prize pool, the winners still get ****loads of money, so why not? I'm pretty sure it would be wonderful for esports. With the amount of money valve is making, why not give a chance for the scene to flourish for more players and more steady teams? The teams are either winning everything or getting REALLY low salaries right now.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » May 15, 2014 1:26am | Report
samukobo wrote:

It's just something I was thinking about lately - Instead of focusing the entire prize pool towards the top 8, distribute a bit more to all of the players.

As of now esports isn't exactly stable, and even something like 3000 dollars per player in the bottom 4 or 8 would be much better than letting them return home empty handed. It's not much from the prize pool, the winners still get ****loads of money, so why not? I'm pretty sure it would be wonderful for esports. With the amount of money valve is making, why not give a chance for the scene to flourish for more players and more steady teams? The teams are either winning everything or getting REALLY low salaries right now.

1st samukobo you didnt read the set of rules given by the author, hence this discussion will have to be postponed (I am in favour of it ).

As for the OP,
    Can be done, get aquila and/or drums ,soul ring followed by arcane boots and just spam that shrapnel, but all your damage is unreliable, everything can be dodged, even your ultimate, you would then have to invest in dagon and hope to be a cheap knockoff of lina. You do have the advantage of range, but it is paltry at best. He is a better hard carry #1 or my fav #2 sniper with maelstorm rush.

Bound to happen at some time , seeing the recent trend everyone will get a scepter update by the end of this year (approx). Then it will be upto player preference and also no non-farming support will ever see the aghs.

Not clear on the third topic, ellaborate.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 15, 2014 2:07am | Report
yeah, sorry sam, need to wait :p

About the support sniper, I mean he can use the time before teamfight (when both team are positioning), and spam ultimate instead. Probably get items like orchids that provide good mana regen, a 625 damage every 10 seconds is actually very hurting. It can even get enemy support by half before teamfight start, and the slow from Shrapnel is not to be underestimated, his mini-stun also works great as support tool.

Lol, want to see how Dragon Knight Aghanim is like. Will he be some sort of Black Dragon that can do 1% instant kill lol

I mean, valve make an event that combines all his developed games into dota 2. Say, Half Life event in which the enemy are the aliens, or like combines Portal and you can practically use teleport with the Portal Gun lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 15, 2014 3:31am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

About the support sniper, I mean he can use the time before teamfight (when both team are positioning), and spam ultimate instead.

This is generally what you should be doing anyway tbh. That and Spamming Shrapnel on the Tier 1 Towers while Bottle-Crowing is very effective, you can't Counter Push it, all you can do is maybe slow it down with a Treant Protector, but you'd be doing it while he's still a low level so... <}3

Bound to happen at some time , seeing the recent trend everyone will get a scepter update by the end of this year (approx). Then it will be upto player preference and also no non-farming support will ever see the aghs.

Agreed, eventually, they'll all have Upgrades.
Yzreel wrote:

Lol, want to see how Dragon Knight Aghanim is like. Will he be some sort of Black Dragon that can do 1% instant kill lol

I'm surprised there isn't a permanant Elder Dragon Form upgrade tbh. For 4200 Gold, it's hardly imba, as you have to Farm up Damage and a Black King Bar early on, but it might be viable as a Late Game option, especially if you want to give DK the Aegis.

The main option I'd feel would be interesting to see would be something like this:-

Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade: Dragon Tail Bonus Range during Elder Dragon Form increased by 500
Dragon Tail now goes through Magic Immunity
Elder Dragon Form Bonus Movement Speed increased to 50
Cooldown Reduced by 25 seconds

The Dragon Tail upgrades would make him better at locking down a single target even in his normal form, similar to Viper Strike (which I based the Range on), only it wouldn't deal Damage to Magic Immune Units, unless the upgrade also changes the Damage to Universal, ala Lina's Upgrade. Ulti Cooldown Reduction, because having Permanent Dragon Form would be a little bit OP imo, having it available a bit more often is fine though. The Bonus Movement Speed, simply because you're not gooing to see Phase Boots or Yasha on him very often, even Drum of Endurance isn't a regular pickup on him. 8{(

You'd ideally build this after a Core Item and Black King Bar, maybe even getting a Damage Item first. With the upgrade to Dragon Tail, he'd be more effective against Heroes that can just go Magic Immune and out Right-Click him, e.g. Shadow Fiend, Slardar, Phantom Assassin, etc. but it would take some for it to come online, giving them an advantage over him during half the Mid-Game, assuming he even gets to Farm it. It would really shine in the Late Game, where a Dragon Tail could lock them down for best part of a Black King Bar Duration.

The main problem with Agahnim's Scepter is giving each Hero an option that justifies the 4200 Gold you could spend on other Items, without it being OP

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 15, 2014 4:00am | Report
how would you put an aghs on luna without it being OP? I mean, beams stun=OP more beams=OP more damage per beam=OP Beams mini-stun=OP and dare i say it beams go through bkb, jesus that would be crazy, its already kinda insane.

hmmm, what else would be OP

magnus-check
enigma-check
PA-check
nyx-would actually be good
lycan=oh hell
the list goes on
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 15, 2014 4:07am | Report
Err... There is already Luna aghs right? It increases the max beams and the beam count to 12 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, anywho, I suppose this discussion is done, want to move on to sam's?
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 15, 2014 5:17am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Err... There is already Luna aghs right? It increases the max beams and the beam count to 12 if I'm not mistaken.

There's also an Engima upgrade. It adds Midnight Pulse damage to Black Hole (36% of your Max HP as Magical Damage).
Yzreel wrote:

Yeah, anywho, I suppose this discussion is done, want to move on to sam's?

Now it's done 8{3
samukobo wrote:

Agreed, I'd like to see this, but I'm not too sure it would be "wonderful for eSports" as you've still got to financially justify getting into eSports at an entry level long before you can think about TI level.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 15, 2014 5:35am | Report
On the eSports topic, Now due to the prize pool getting up to around $5 million (last time I checked) they certainly can afford to spread the funds out and say give $1000 to those who make it to the international because it is really a small amount. I mean 16 teams with 5 players each giving them $1000 = 16*5*1000 = $80,000. Which imo is really small amount. I do think that before valve starts giving away 5 million to the 1st place they should give more to those who make it but may never get close to the top 8.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 15, 2014 5:38am | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

On the eSports topic, Now due to the prize pool getting up to around $5 million (last time I checked) they certainly can afford to spread the funds out and say give $1000 to those who make it to the international because it is really a small amount. I mean 16 teams with 5 players each giving them $1000 = 16*5*1000 = $80,000. Which imo is really small amount. I do think that before valve starts giving away 5 million to the 1st place they should give more to those who make it but may never get close to the top 8.

one thing is sure, the prizepool is going to be absolutely rediculous.
JUST LOOK AT THESE ****ING GRAPHS.
http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/prizetracker/international2014

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved