Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What If

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What If 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 15, 2014 6:23am | Report
Totally agree with that. I mean, as far as eSport goes, I think that it really has a potential to be even greater than "real" sport in some sort of 5 years. I think that Dota 2 can contribute much better if they spread the prize money more evenly. That way, it will make the players happy and contribute more in the future. Just read Tim's graph and it. is. ridiculous.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » May 16, 2014 4:25am | Report
I'm gonna say that this discussion is over, everyone is pretty much saying the same thing.

So... Thoughts on an Io announcer pack?
This post is the most important thing you have read in your life.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Steam: Cloud Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 16, 2014 9:37am | Report
hjvaughan wrote:

I'm gonna say that this discussion is over, everyone is pretty much saying the same thing.

So... Thoughts on an Io announcer pack?

Yeah, I guess it's over. Wait... what? Io doesn't even speak.. Should he go like "BEEEEP!!!" then another voice go: "he means: radiant ancient is under attack"? I don't know dude... It just doesn't make sense lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » May 16, 2014 10:15am | Report
Nononono, just submarine noises, no translator. I mean, I dunno about you guys but I'd spend $10 for Io to say "BEEEEEEEP" no matter what is happening.
This post is the most important thing you have read in your life.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Steam: Cloud Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 16, 2014 6:21pm | Report
I'd much rather an OD announcer pack.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 16, 2014 10:20pm | Report
On the Io announcer Idea, I'd like it if you had Phoenix arguing with Wisp during the commentary so you would get "BEEEEEEEEP" then "SQUARK SQUARK" or something like that.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 17, 2014 12:59am | Report
Honestly, I'd rather have a Pudge/ Brewmaster/ Timbersaw/ Meepo/ Troll Warlord/ Ogre Magi announcer if I wanted something funny...either them or "NyxNyxNyx (Godlike)" 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » May 19, 2014 7:26am | Report
I really don't like the hero announcer packs. Bastion is my favourite as he's got reassuring words when you're getting slaughtered and everyone on your team is flaming you. That's a no to IO from me.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » May 19, 2014 7:49am | Report
I love this thread great idea! I have plenty of border line game breaking insane ideas that will never see reality. Since it's been two days I take it I can post a new conversation.

What if Intelligence provided magic resistance?

So I was thinking,

Strength hero's build stats they get damage and get tankier

Agility heroes build stats they get damage, tankier and their attack speed improves

Intellegence heroes build stats they get damage and.....an increased mana pool. whoopdi doo

Since the other two get survivability from stats surely it couldn't be so bad for Intel heroes to get a little bit of magic resistance. There's also kind of a lack of magic resistance items. Cloak, Hood and Pipe. It would be an interesting dynamic to have more options for magic resistance. I think it could actually increase the skill level of the game a bit. Item builds would become so much more important.

Obviously this would radically alter the game in more ways than I can imagine. But I think it would be cool.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 19, 2014 8:16am | Report
I have to agree that it's a great idea, love the thread! (oops)

Nah, seriously, I have to agree that it's a great idea, the increased magic resistance I mean. Around 0.2% / point can actually be good. That way, a Mystic Staff provides 5% magic resistance, and with every level, int hero would get around 0.6% magic resistance, around 25% magic resistance from int alone in level 25. I think it can be really interesting.

What if you put another added idea: "int point amplifies spell duration and damage, but lower physical damage boost" that way, supports can also scale to late game! Say, 0.3% magic damage / point, 0.3% duration of effects / point and 0.75 physical damage / point?

I don't think it will ever work though, or be put in dota 2 in that matter.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved