Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Strongest 1v1 Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Strongest 1v1 Hero 46 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by qark » August 6, 2014 11:43am | Report

Geostrikes damage and more importantly its slow goes through magic immunity

You simply make him chase the low HP Meepo and let the others clobber him :)

Lol, are you noob or what? Just go into cheat mode with friend, armed both hereos with their 6 best items and look how Meepo died within 3 seconds from god streght crits :-)

qark

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 6, 2014 4:18pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

It's a moot question. There is no 'this guy will always win' because Heroes have counters. I counter your Faceless Void with a Spectre and counter Spectre with Terrorblade. Meanwhile, Doom will dump over TB, and in turn get dumped on by Razor (depending on initiation).

If Void has a BKB you can completely forget about the damage from Desolate and Dispersion for 10 seconds while Void applies mace to face. Spec's stat gains are also pretty unspectacular and her ult not much good this kind of fight. I agree this is a very limited situation though, and Spectre is also an excellent (arguably better) late game hero.

Terathiel wrote:

That said, Dota is a 5v5 game except in pubs where its 1v9 - while it IS interesting to know who owns who, the discussion is completely invalidated by the fact that there are 8 other players. I've never seen a 1v1 slog-out between two 6-slotted heroes.

Exactly - but it's fun to compare sometimes :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 6, 2014 4:49pm | Report
This might seen awkward, but you have got to put Omniknight up there as well.

Bkb? Yup.

Physical immunity? Yup.

Attack Speed slow? Yup.

Especially against melee heroes, his Purification is nothing to laugh at.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 6, 2014 8:46pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Bkb? Yup.

Physical immunity? Yup.

Attack Speed slow? Yup.

Attack Damage? Nope.

Bash/Crit Passive? Nope.

Attack Speed? Nope.

Purgeable buffs? Yup.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 6, 2014 8:46pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Bkb? Yup.

Physical immunity? Yup.

Attack Speed slow? Yup.

Attack Damage? Nope.

Bash/Crit Passive? Nope.

Attack Speed? Nope.

Purgeable buffs? Yup.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2014 10:50am | Report
What hero listed above has a purge?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » August 7, 2014 2:03pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

What hero listed above has a purge?

What hero above can't build a Diffusal Blade?
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Funblade » August 23, 2014 4:07pm | Report
I dont know about 1v1, but Sven is the best 1v5 hero.

Funblade

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by icehare » August 31, 2014 10:52pm | Report
There is no 1v1 champion without counter. That being said, it also depends on who lands their signature skill first. Doom is probably the strongest at mid-late game (but not late-late game) considering his skill set and standard items (Blink for initiation, Shiva for the armor and mana).

Blink + Doom has a very small window period for reacting. Most people, even pros, will get Doomed first. And unlike other hard carries who have more than 1 stat problem and therefore big item dependency issues, Doom only really has armor issues. So a 4/5-slotted Doom can afford that blink dagger and still be beat any other similarly farmed hero, while it would be unthinkable for, say, Spectre to do the same.

Of course, if we factor in things like positioning, Shadow blade, Linken's sphere, illusions etc. etc. everything gets much more complicated. Invisibility has many counters. Blink + Shiva + Doom solves the linken issue and can help identify illusions. Maybe good illusion micro-ing can cheat a Doom. Maybe.

But in general Doom is still the most powerful 1v1 hero.
The only thing that will screw Doom over regardless of his ulti is 5 Meepos all at the same place at once. That's just one counter.

icehare

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » September 1, 2014 8:24pm | Report

There is no best 1v1 hero, because DotA is a game of picks and counter picks.. This is akin to asking which is best among Rock, Paper and Scissors...

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved