Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some questions about some hereos

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Some questions about some hereos 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » January 21, 2016 6:34pm | Report
Lycan:I really want to get into Lycan but I need to know how to build him and the best playstyle on him along with should I ult at the beginning of fights or in the middle after my teams initiated and they are kinda low and running

Necro,weaver:is radiance rush legit on these two if they get enough freefarm

Luna:after I build aghs because no matter what I usually do because it's so fun should I just follow the normal manta route or should I opt for s and y or bkb

Oracle:surprisingly I really do know how to play oracle and he's by far my favorite pos 5/4 cause he doesn't need items but I just don't really know many item builds on him other than euls scepter and greaves and urn

Tony:should I get ac or manta after aghs

Skywrath:my personal best hero but I'm having some concerns with my mid build should I go blink Into atos or atos into blink cause the atos before allows me to get the kills I need to continue snowballing cause I can solo gank but blink before allows me to initiate,escape and close gaps much better.yes I have tried force staff but I personally feel it's only good if ur playing support not mid.

Legion lane:what's the preferred skill build

Legion jungle:I usually rush blink after talon and boots of speed and usually get a deul or two after a rotation to nearest lane but should I go treads into armlet cause I've been doing that usually or treads into deso since that allows me to get solo kills easier instead of relying on my team for help when I gank

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 21, 2016 8:25pm | Report
Lycan: The wolf doesn't fight. Go kill towers, win the game with 0/0/0 and highest tower damage in the game.

Necro, Weaver: No.

Luna: Drums, BKB, Manta

Oracle: Don't play him.

Tiny: Personally preference. Personally I prefer Blink before anything.

Sky: Don't play him mid, he's a support. Atos into force is good.

Legion: Offlane, Max Q.

Don't jungle with LC.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Primera » January 21, 2016 8:45pm | Report
lycan :he fight fairly well and he have a very good damage usually there are 2 builds for him
funny: the fighter build: vlad-deso-bkb-AC-skull basher
pusher build:suit the ranked and tryhard play: vlad-necro-AC-BKB-Abyssal
also remember that lycan is the strongest hero on the map between 20-35 minutes an can solo kill any hero in manfight except sven

necro radiance is ok if you farm it before 20 min but better go midas-gardian greeve-aghs- octarine- refresher for late game

tiny:blink agh AC or manta if there is to much silence

LC lane:3-1-1-1 - jungle 2-2-1-1
but lane is better than jungle
sb - deso for solo duel
if u trust your team then go blink blade mail

not good with sky or oracle

Primera

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 21, 2016 9:36pm | Report
Lycan: Best Lycan build is always one that maximize his summons. Vlads, Necrobook 3, Travels, Deso. His abilities are entirely about buffing his minions and hit buildings. Other dps builds are not really viable on him at this point, since he doesn't even have a crit bound to his hero so the only efficient means to boost his damage is auras, necro, armor reduction. Late game, Abyssal, BKB, and possibly Blink need to take priority.

Necrophos und Weaver. On Necrophos, it can be viable as a late game item, specifically for enemies that have blink dagger or if the team would benefit from miss chance. If you're in a core position to get Radiance, you will need to tank up first. As for Weaver, it is not viable on a high position Weaver, since it doesn't help him kill people as much as a Desolator or Daedalus would. On a Pos 3 Weaver that goes Aghs, it can be a decent pickup after that if your goal is not to deal damage, but rather to apply the really annoying burn.

Luna: You probably should not rush Aghs on Luna. Probably want at least a casual Yasha to run between camps easily. Unless you're against Ember, Manta is usually better on Luna, since illusions carry the glaives, so they push quite fast. BKB is usually after the Manta Pickup, since people tend to try to nuke her to death when moonbeam are coming out of her.

Oracle: Aether Lens is a pretty good core item on him, since it lets him cast his spells from an even safer distance, and it boosts your nuke damage even more. 1200 range save on False Promise is awesome, and getting this is good before you maxed out your Fate's Edict but want that range.
Other core items:
Force Staff: Use this on the guy you False Promise and easy saves. Also allows you to position yourself to cast your spells, decent alternative to Lens, but can lead to you dying more.
Solar Crest: Makes your healing more efficient and your hero tankier. Plus, with Fate's Edict, it makes your ally really resistant to both forms of damage.
Rod of Atos: Going full aggression here, basically, you are keeping enemies close so you can keep nuking them, and plus it makes you a lot less likely to get nuked down.

Tiny: AC usually, Tiny's armor is one of his biggest weaknesses and needs to be fixed asap. Manta can come after just fine, but it's just as likely you'll need a BKB.

Skywrath Mage: I'm not a skywrath whiz, but Atos seems to fit the playstyle more, since his spells are so long ranged already, and it seems like he really needs the health if any point the enemies get close to him. Also, consider Veil this patch, the item is so buffed.

Legion lane: Max overwhelming odds, get your passive based on how often you trade hits.

Legion jungle: Blink is usually a bit too "team-y" but you will need it later anyway. You can probably go Shadow Blade first and then get kills with that until you get a blink. Then you can build your other items from there. Blade Mail is good, especially if you're faster than the enemies by default. Remember to Duel then under their creeps.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Primera » January 21, 2016 11:56pm | Report
lycan still has the critical for the hero dude
you can try it in lobby
all units under you control have the crit and sure lycan is under your control

Primera

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 22, 2016 4:56am | Report
Well okay Lycan has the crit but I think we can both agree that he isn't the best fighting carry out there, right?

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 22, 2016 5:07am | Report
Yes he is lol. His Necros crit now, Lycan with all his summons they will tear apart anyone.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 22, 2016 5:34am | Report
He's actually a pretty decent fighter right now. He only needs Vlads and Necro 1 to have some really good teamfight presence. He doesn't even require a BKB to teamfight because disabling the hero still does nothing against the max movement speed critting necrobooks.

Icefrog nerfed him as a rat but buffed him as a fighter.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » January 22, 2016 5:36am | Report
Thanks for the responses so much and love the idea of aether lens on oracle so much and I might try it on skywrath now for a game or two and see the results.
I'll go a casual yasha or Luna then aghs
Don't jungle lc go offlane and lvl q first and get treads and shadowblade the blink way later.
No radiance save for spectre and alchs.
Ac tiny after blink and aghs unless there is a lot of silences.
Rat lycan or fighting lycan depending on their lineup.

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 22, 2016 6:27am | Report

Tony:should I get ac or manta after aghs

It depends, Assault Cuirass will fix your Armour problems and reduces the other team's Armour (including their Towers), but Manta Style provides a Purge to remove Debuffs, as well as Illusions which are decent for Split-Pushing and Farming up. You have to look at each game and decide which you need the most.

Legion lane:what's the preferred skill build

2-0-1-0 at lvl3 allows you to manfight quite well if you can Aggro the Creep Wave to get extra Moment of Courage procs. Turning that into 4-1-1-1 gives you the most Damage and Movement Speed, which you'll need before you can afford your Blink Dagger.

Whether you're Laning or...*shudders* Jungling Legion Commander, you should generally go for Power Treads into Blademail. Since Blademail returns any damage you take from the Duel target straight back to them (provided they aren't Magic Immune), you'll end up getting more damage from it than most other Items as well as some much needed Armour. Again though, this depends on the Situation, but if the only thing you're looking for is damage, Blademail is your best option most games.
[/quote]

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved