Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

RIP Weaver

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » RIP Weaver 32 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

rip in pieces weaver
yes
no
Shashashashaclickclickclickity click
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » January 4, 2016 12:28pm | Report
The advise of the worst Weaver player ever: buy Drum of Endurance into Power Treads into Desolator into mjolnir
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » January 4, 2016 1:35pm | Report
Great response, Xyrus, lots of insight! Well said, Demonychan, back there a page or two. (I just wanted to start with this.)

I love playing aggressively and usually aim for items that allow for this quickly! Weaver has great kill potential from early on, so lane him MID or OFF and make some action. But play, like Demonychan said, with your brain. And BTW, The Swarm is awesome now, go 441. And use this:

The best and funnest Weaver build according to me:

Start off: Ring of Aquila, Magic Wand, Urn of Shadows, Phase Boots
Yes, you read correctly, Urn and Phase! Amazing combo on weaver. I won't take the time to theorize it now, but after many games I conclude that these four items work amazingly to kill and survive during the early game. Onwards!

Midgame: Desolator, generally; Diffusal Blade, for slow and dispel; Linken's Sphere, if enemy has big targeted problemizor.
Kill weaklings, push towers,

And that's the gist of it, you know late game. Butterfly (although it is now worse for Weaver!), Butterfly, Manta (also for dispell), Heart, Skadi (not with Desolator though), BoTs, whatever you need and want. E.g, Desolator to Boots of Travel is pretty amazing for pushing, if you need to do that.

Lastly, DO NOT BUY Dragon Lance, you don't benefit (enough) from the speed, strength or range--it is not worth it.
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » January 4, 2016 1:35pm | Report
Yea weaver is my favorite Midgame carry hero because it's so fun to run behind the team fight and go up to nearly any hero and 3-4 shot them with deso,crit,mkb,and butterfly/any other damage item if I'm going glass cannon build but if I go survivability build I usually have a linkens/bkb deso butterfly/manta crit/butterfly.
Weaverino is probably my favorite divine carrier also cause it so fun to auto attack once with ur Gemini on and see the enemy carry just die

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 4, 2016 3:55pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

If you skip Desolator to go for Eye of Skadi (it's not like there are a ton of viable survivability items on Weaver, heart on agility heroes especially those who lack damage is super underwhelming), won't this make you commit to a farming playstyle, on a hero that's supposed to go for early kills?

The big strength of Weaver is that he comes online very early (he only needs level 7 really). Sure he can go for a Crystalys or Diffusal Blade plus a linkens or BKB, plus a skadi...but that's a lot of farm with a really awkward buildup.

A big mistake I used to do for a long time was to farm too much on Weaver. He's really a mid-game hero that relies on armor reduction to 3-shot people, if you go for a late game hard carry-like tanky build, I think he'll suffer from his lack of sustained damage when his awkward buildup finally comes online.

I guess it still deserves experimenting with. After all diffusal is a super cost-efficient fighting item now with the buffs, it can replace deso, and it solves your damage issues while waiting for late game items.

I agree you have to get the balance right between damage output and survivability, it's even more true of Weaver than other carries. I like the Medallion builds, you can get a lot done early/mid if you play it right and avoid getting burst down or locked down.

Desolator is also a great option if you can get away with it...BUT you see players going for this build when there's a friggin core Lina on the other team, which is just suicide. You need to gauge your survivability to the point where you can take a few digs from the opposition and still get out, while building as much damage as you can.

The thing I'm trying to say more than anything is that you can vary your builds a lot on Weaver, yes there are not a ton of viable items on him, but you can utilise them to get quite different results - snowball focus, farming focus etc early, and then you leave yourself some options to transisition to lategame/split push, or go for the early finish.

He's an interesting hero to theorycraft because his skillset is quite conflicted in some ways:

- Weak stats
- Fantastic escape abilities
- Wants raw damage over agility (as Geminate Attack doesn't scale with attack speed)
- Ult benefits massively from increased HP/EHP

You could definitely argue he should build Phase Boots for the damage bonus working well with Geminate, but the active doesn't benefit him, and he's so devoid of stats he kind of needs the help from Power Treads. All the way through his builds you have to balance the two branches. Which side you favour should depend heavily on the opposition, same as the choice of whether to risk the glass cannon build, go Linkens or BKB, etc.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 4, 2016 6:11pm | Report
I like ye olde Aquila > Medallion > BKB > situationals.

He's actually one of the very few heroes I like going Heart on, because he can run out of the fight, wait a few seconds, and come back in on higher HP, in addition to having Time Lapse. It also gives him infinite sustain, and on a hero that wants 100% non-farming activity during his timing window that's pretty good.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 5, 2016 2:55am | Report
I have a doubt for all of you: If I go the Medallion of Courage - Desolator build, what survivibility item makes more sense afterwards? I'm thinking Black King Bar, and then go for the final damage item, because Skadi won't work, but could something else fit here, like the mentioned Heart?

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » January 5, 2016 4:41am | Report
Weaver Rampage.
This is my latest weaver game. The riki made early game tough with his pesky stink pellets, but our offlaner created enough space for me to get fat and then I capped off the game with a rampage at the dire T2 mid as well as a commend for our spirit breaker.

Dragon Lance works wonders for weaver, damage and survivability along with more hit time due to the range, makes for a beast of an early game item. Also the fact that it can be turned into a bkb and butter is like Icefrog begging people to rush a Lance after treads aquila wand.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Primera » January 5, 2016 5:52am | Report
i am not a great weaver player but this is my build anyway
aquilla->PT>HotD->moljnier->daedalos->MKB->skadi_>BoT->Satanic

i think that is pretty solid with good damage output and good survive

Primera

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 5, 2016 8:43am | Report
Sooo... Here's the big question then?

When would you actually pick the hero over something else in the pool? Because that's really the rest of the hero.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 5, 2016 8:55am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Sooo... Here's the big question then?

When would you actually pick the hero over something else in the pool?

When you need a Linken's Sphere on your Position 1. There aren't many Heroes that can go Linken's Sphere as a 1st or 2nd item without having to delay more important Items, and you want that hero to be capable of Split-Pushing, e.g. against a heavy Teamfight lineup with Doom in it.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved