Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Night Stalker Counters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Night Stalker Counters 38 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 7, 2015 7:19am | Report
btw smuggels, is the video on my cap game ready yet? i can't wait to watch it

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » July 7, 2015 7:38am | Report
I have watched the game! Part of it. The first ten minutes or so. But I can already see why the Night Stalker wasn't effective:

- He didn't get off to a good start, averaging about one last hit per MINUTE for the first 10 minutes or so, due to heavy harass from the Drow Ranger and contesting farm with the Windranger

- He was forced back to base once, giving him a huge XP disadvantage, then was completely zoned out when he tried to go bot on Ursa. Even the kill thanks to Ursa yoloing in like a moron didn't help get him back in the game all that much, and he died twice in quick succession as well. He accomplished nothing in his first night, which made his second night harder... and so on and so forth.

I'm sorry I didn't watch the whole way through, but watching the Ursa's decision making skills literally made me sick to my stomach. I had to take a shower. :p

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 7, 2015 7:46am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

btw smuggels, is the video on my cap game ready yet? i can't wait to watch it

its slow going but yea kinda. the draft is done. but the early game and the such i still havent figured out my "wording" i feel its a tad to harsh so im trying to be more helpful rather then pointing out all the bad things. BUT its getting there and hopefully it helps you and others.

ill upload the draft part later tonight and you can say what u think.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 7, 2015 7:53am | Report
Safecyn wrote:

I have watched the game! Part of it. The first ten minutes or so. But I can already see why the Night Stalker wasn't effective:

- He didn't get off to a good start, averaging about one last hit per MINUTE for the first 10 minutes or so, due to heavy harass from the Drow Ranger and contesting farm with the Windranger

- He was forced back to base once, giving him a huge XP disadvantage, then was completely zoned out when he tried to go bot on Ursa. Even the kill thanks to Ursa yoloing in like a moron didn't help get him back in the game all that much, and he died twice in quick succession as well. He accomplished nothing in his first night, which made his second night harder... and so on and so forth.

I'm sorry I didn't watch the whole way through, but watching the Ursa's decision making skills literally made me sick to my stomach. I had to take a shower. :p

That Ursa was my friend i was queueing with lol. I was shouting at him before he made every single jump to back off at least 30 seconds before he dived and every single time, he ignored me and dived anyway. lucky we had Sniper and drow(mostly Drow Ranger

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 7, 2015 7:59am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

its slow going but yea kinda. the draft is done. but the early game and the such i still havent figured out my "wording" i feel its a tad to harsh so im trying to be more helpful rather then pointing out all the bad things. BUT its getting there and hopefully it helps you and others.

ill upload the draft part later tonight and you can say what u think.

Thanks very much, appreciate the effort. I really don't mind harshness from people i ask to mentor me, and sometimes it works better in making me learn. but i appreciate the effort, good luck and please don't overwork yourself

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » July 7, 2015 9:27am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

also

* COUGH*noultontbtilllvl13*COUGH*

ahem

Apologies for the offtopic but

Look here you cyka

This guy agrees with me on almost every point. Although I at least skill Reflection...

And you haven't seen pub tryharding until you've seen me playing #5. Because I suck at it, I feel obliged to do extremely tryhardy things just to make up for my (almost certainly negative) KDA.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 7, 2015 10:25am | Report
Wait there was a terror in my game?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » July 8, 2015 9:19am | Report
No, Smuggler's comment about the TB ult was directed at me as that is around the level I usually get it on the hero.

The link was to settle a long-standing debate using evidence.

It was completely off-topic and he's just trying to ridikappa me :)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 8, 2015 9:36am | Report
Ok so about night stalker, a lot of things have already been said. The most important points.
You cant stop his impact, he will make things harder during the night. At most you can make the earlygame hard for him and slow him down severely.
Vision and stuff.

The strats that NS is worst against is a deathball lineup. He cant really stop 5 strong teamfight heroes pushing if he is behind. Deathball also contains some heroes he is bad against. The only hero i felt completely helpless against as NS was Lycan. you cant manfight him, you cant slow him, you cant stop his brute push. Especially when he gets necrobook. Viper slows him down and can slowly spit him to death. Razor doesnt really mind being slowed since he just stands his ground with link and storm. Also unstable current is really annoying.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 8, 2015 10:55am | Report
So the key is to not let him snowball within the first 2 nights and to deathball as soon as you can?

masaaki14

Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved