Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Night Stalker Counters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Night Stalker Counters 38 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » July 8, 2015 7:30pm | Report
I love playing Night Stalker, and I can share some of my hardest experiences playing the hero.

The bottom line is that, Night Stalker is a super powerful early game ganker that snowballs into a decent semi-carry late game. However, he is extremely reliant on snowballing, think of him like a Tusk or Spirit Breaker, else he just doesn't offer anything to the team. So, the best counter to Night Stalker is to prevent him snowballing. Here are a few tips to help with that:

1. First couple of nights are when NS is at his most powerful stage. Enemy heroes don't have much farm, they don't have much in terms of hp/escape, so he feeds on them. To avoid this, ward runes, and common rotation spots to see which lane NS is going to gank. Have your teammates carry a TP so you can turn a gank around on NS. As powerful as he is during the early game, it's highly unlikely he can survive a 1v3 with a lock down or two.

2. If you get an early lead and start 5-manning towers, NS will hate you. Again, NS depends on picking off lone heroes in order to snowball. If your team is pushing a tower together, he loses that window. Co-ordinate with your team and push towers early during night time.

3. TP scroll. This is situational. If the NS is bad, and they initiate with Void, you can comfortably TP home. The good ones would save their Void for your TP, in which case, they take longer to kill you, which allows for TP rotations from your team.

4. NS hates being locked down. His Hunter in the Night is his steroid during the night time. Stuns/slows/CC of any kind can disrupt his ganks.

5. Take the game late. As much as NS is a fearsome early mid game hero, his late game isn't really impressive. If your team has a stronger late game lineup, just hold your base and try to get farm wherever you can. Come late game, you can beat him.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » July 8, 2015 8:36pm | Report
**** balanar. Most ******** hero ever, thx icefraud.
I pick Oracle to disarm this piece of **** or Disruptor to send his *** back to the lane he came from.

The only hero that's more ******** than balanar is bloodseeker.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 8, 2015 11:39pm | Report
The thing with offlane nightstalker (which is his best position IMO) is that he is less reliant on snowballing. He is the 3 position and therefore not required to be a large damage dealer, and focus on getting complete map control with aghanims vision and an eventual gem.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 9, 2015 12:14am | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1604947613

heres a match of an offlane nightstalker in ranked.

watch it for tips on how to offlane a nightstalker.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 9, 2015 12:35am | Report
uh smuggels, i asked how to stop night-stalker from dominating the map, not how to play a nightstalker... sorry if i come out as rude, that was not my intention.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 9, 2015 12:48am | Report
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
-Sun Tzu. The art of war.

Tl;dr Know your enemy and yourself.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 9, 2015 12:55am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

uh smuggels, i asked how to stop night-stalker from dominating the map, not how to play a nightstalker... sorry if i come out as rude, that was not my intention.

OH YOUNG PADAWAN MUCH LEARN YOU HAVE TO DO BEFORE COMS UPON YOU GREATNESS IT DOES.

na all seriousness, watch your enemy, know your enemy, be your enemy and you shall defeat your enemy.

szun tzu stuff ya know!

watch how they reacted to him him and watch how he reacted to them. watch for mistakes and patterns. look at the playstyle of the enemy and of his own team. look at the skill builds and positioning of both teams during night and look at skill/item builds.

it helps.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 9, 2015 1:23am | Report
I see..., thanks smuggels

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved